1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi Starfield [Sep 6th 2023]

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Hex, 13 Jun 2021.

1. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Chaircrew

£46 on CJSKeys: https://www.cjs-cdkeys.com/search.php?search_query=starfield&x=0&y=0

I've been using these guys for years now, never had a single issue so if the price is good, don't worry about non-delivery.

2. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

I think I'd sunk about 60hrs into this before I finally decided to call it a day and just finish the game. I think the only major faction quests I hadn't done were Ryujin Industries and Freestar Collective - but there's also a ton of other side stuff I probably completely missed, never mind finished.

Too many games building up on the backlog to be spending much more time in Starfield. I've just started BG3 and I want to do Phantom Liberty some time soon as well. I'll very likely come back to Starfield, but probably not until there have been some serious performance improvements (like Nvidia DLSS for a start).

Bloody_Pete likes this.
  3. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

I was at 60 hours too! I did the Ryujin ones, weirdly made me feel like I was playing Cyberpunk! I thankfully got a solid 80FPS the whole time I was playing, but I'll likely return when the DLC's are released!

4. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Performance was bothering me a bit as well. It'd sometimes drop to ~45fps in demanding environments. In some cases it was well up past 70fps, but usually averaged about 50-60fps - that's... eh... OK... with GSync enabled. Had to make a ton of sacrifices to graphics settings to even get it that far. I'm about to do some benchmarks on CP2077 2.0 update (or whichever version they're on now); I suspect that I'll be relatively OK unless I want to enable RTX.

Definitely time for an upgrade :(

5. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

I can highly recomend a 3090, I run both games maxed... :p

Byron C likes this.
  6. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

I mean… you joke, but I am still toying with the idea of used 3090 vs brand new 4070. I need to watch some Starfield & CP2077 GPU benchmarks again. I just don’t need all that 24GB of VRAM…

Bloody_Pete likes this.
  7. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

I picked up Starfield and played for a bit now. Just finished the pirate side quest, it was brilliant.

Ship combat feels meh, not a patch on Freelancer.
    Also too much running, it's almost as though they made running and oxygen management a minigame.

quick Edit:
    So you've got 3070 Ti, 50-60 FPS most places. Seems about right.
    I've got 2080 Ti, around 50 FPS.
    Also played a bit on Steam deck, 20-25 FPS :lol: It's play-able with talking sections.

8. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

3070 Ti, one of the worst value cards in the 3000 series. But I bought it during the tail end of The Great COVID-19 GPU Shortage (Jul 2021), so the best value card you could get at the time was the one you could actually buy. I wanted a 3080, but I didn’t move quickly enough to snag one of those.

adidan and wyx087 like this.
  9. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

I haven't picked this back up since launch week. Too much walking and collecting of IKEA souvenirs. Plus a menu or management chore for everything. I didn't notice my oxygen levels anywhere or their depletion so maybe my collecting stuff wasn't too exerting (or I had breathable atmosphere. No idea).

I will go back to it at some point and finish the pirate captain thing I started, but it's here to stay for a while so no rush. Will focus on the older titles first that might leave GP earlier (and the more exciting new ones).

I read elsewhere that some chap has surveyed every single planet in the game already, a month after release. I can only imagine what a night out with him must be like.

Pete J and wyx087 like this.
  10. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Here he is:-
    [​IMG]

Pete J and wyx087 like this.
  11. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

"Only Meeee!!"

Who says that you can't hear a picture? :hehe:

Byron C, IanW, Pete J and 1 other person like this.
  12. wyx087

Brrrrrr stupid resource inventory management. Ship can only hold so much, but resources placed into containers on outposts are not magically counted, so I have to see what I need, write it down and fetch from my outposts/lodge. It's almost like a BOM job simulator.

Loving the side quests though, varied and many interesting choices.

13. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Bethesda's approach to inventory management sucks. It sucked in FO3, it sucked in FO:NV, it sucked in Skyrim, it sucked in FO4, and - you guessed it - it sucks in Starfield. The only reason I know my way around it so well is that I've been using basically the same system since 2008.

Baldur's Gate 3 inventory management is also a bit of a pig, but I'm a lot more forgiving when it comes to game engines that are basically a digitised tabletop RPG ruleset.

wyx087 likes this.
  14. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

I watched a vid where the guy was complaining about the storage capacity of his ship being too restrictive, but nothing stopped him from boarding the ship and just dropping his inventory onto the deck. He was quite literally walking around his ship, kicking lumps of ore out of the way.

15. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

It sucked in Oblivion too. It might have been a different kind of suck, granted, but it still sucked.

16. wyx087

Until the ship was modified and EVERYTHING gets moved into the limited hold.

I had everything all set up in a weapons show-room type hab, pirates needed me to add some equipment to the ship. EVERYTHING goes to the cargo hold. I then had to spend some time finding those stuff and placing them back.

I've found bottomless storage spaces in the Lodge, I THINK the mod stations can use it. But unfortunately it cannot transfer from ship.

But I've given up and using a trainer to remove build resource restrictions. Just need to keep 1 of every type of resource in my ship.

Byron C likes this.
  17. veato

veato I should be working

I've played far too many hours (save says 7 days and something hours) completing all sorts of faction and side quests and completely neglected the main quests. Doing those now. Feel like I should have done at least some of them 20 levels ago!

I have finally replaced the Mantis armour I've basically been wearing the whole time with the one from the Lodge basement and have also dropped the Razorleaf in favour of the Star Eagle ship.

goldstar0011 likes this.
  18. oscy

oscy Modder

I didn't buy at launch as I could wait, I don't know if there were any real issues though.

Is it fine performance-wise or should I wait a little bit? (Using 3070 and Ryzen 3600 for 4K)

19. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Was around 80fps on my setup, fairly solidly too.

20. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

I have a 5900X & 3070Ti, and it sat around 45-70FPS at 1440P, depending on the area. I had a real mix of settings, some stuff cranked all the way, some on medium, and some right down on low.