1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Honestly, that was the icing on the turd cake that was my morning.

I had to wait for the rain to ease off since my bike jacket was dripping wet and I didn't have any other jacket with me. By the time the rain eased off... no more bacon or sausage baps :waah:

2. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

So the painful sinuses are less painful but are exploding instead.

Sore throat, hot head and temperature locked in for the duration.

I'm bored of bugs.

3. MadGinga

MadGinga oooh whats this do?

everything.
    • Wife wants me to lose weight/get fit (tbh, i'd like that too) - this requires time to go to the gym = less time at home
    • Wife wants me to be home more to look after the kids/transport kids to clubs = no time for gym
    • Wife wants to me to wfh more, so that "we can spend time together" = no time for gym/dont have enough work i can do from home to warrant more than half a day every week
    • Wife also wants to work less to have more "her time" = i need to work more to cover the dip in our finances
    • If i'm delayed at work (even 5-10mins, and I call to let he know), Wife gets shirty/acts like its a personal insult to her/i've done it deliberately.
    • Wife insists that when we're both at home of an evening we spend time together (read: i rub her feet whilst we watch TV; well, she death scrolls her phone)
    • Wife complains that we watch TV too much and shoudl do other things (i.e. play boardgames), but thats the last thing i want to do having got up at 5:30 to commute 1hr to work, work my ass off in complex systems engineering, commute home 1hr at 4, to get home for 5, then look after kids/corral them through dinner and off to bed
    • Only time i get to myself is when she goes out to her rehearsals (if she goes/lets me know when they're happening), but have to spend it doing housework as otherwise it doesnt get done
    • I get to go out one night a week (if others arent busy) for a boardgames night; Wife never remembers, always acts upset/dissapointed
    • Wife complains she doenst have enough time for her "hobbies", insists we make time. I have boxes of lego that I havent finished sorting after 2.5yrs. Where's my time?
    Cant say anything as Wife is suffering from anxiety.... can only vent into the internet void.

arghhhhhhhhhhhhh

4. adidan

The void hears you @MadGinga

No solutions I'm afraid but there's a virtual shoulder and knowing nod in understanding.

Hang in there bud :thumb:

MadGinga likes this.
  5. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Anxiety or not, I don't see that getting any better unless you sit down and talk it out; else it'll burn you down and bring things to a head.

Until then, I wish you the strength to endure mate.

MadGinga, Byron C and Pete J like this.
  6. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

Yeah, there's familiarity there, and most of it's driven by a common "being knackered and not having it in you" that there is no easy way out of. Still, your problems are nothing a huge dose of cash couldn't solve, so there's nothing fundamentally wrong, just the way the world works?

MadGinga likes this.
  7. Andersen

Andersen I'm fine. I'M FINE! *banshee howl*

Somehow tweaked my arm into a sorry state lifting a breadbox UPS to pack it for RMA. Hooray and ow

Wife aka She who must be obeyed

Funnily. Been there in my guy life era, now I'm THAT wife so my two pagan wives have to suffer :lol: (and possibly vice versa)

MadGinga likes this.
  8. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

It's the kids that do you in, it's like getting home to a second full time job. There's just nothing left in the tank by the time you're meant to be having a nice evening together.

MadGinga likes this.
  9. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

3 wives together? Bloody hell, I can imagine the nagging, do you have ear plugs?

Vault-Tec likes this.
  10. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

I also tell you from experience that cutting sleep time to fit in more stuff doesn't end well!

On a more serious note, why are you the only one doing the housework? That's something I'd straighten out.

MadGinga and adidan like this.
  11. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

I too do most of the house chores, though it's a very different situation.

She does most of the cooking, I do vacuuming, laundry, dusting, dishes, etc. No kids so in reality laundry is once a week and vacuuming is once or twice. Cooking is almost every day and I hate cooking so I feel I got the better end of the deal.

MadGinga, adidan and Pete J like this.
  12. adidan

We cook together pretty much every night and share chores.

Well, she primarily vacuums (when it happens) but I'm the cat shut shoveller so she's got the better deal.

In other news my head is now completely full of shizzle and is evacuating through my nose.

Awesome.

13. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

To add to what @David said…

When you do talk it out, try to make it as non-judgemental as possible. The point isn’t to criticise, nag, tell her what she’s doing wrong, etc, the point is to try and make things work for both of you.

MadGinga, adidan and David like this.
  14. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

It's funny because my first wife was like that. Like, wanted everything (all the time, all the money from me working) but did not realise it is one or the other. Either you spend all of your spare time together and have less, or you work more and have more money but less time.

If she can't understand that basic principle you either need to try and make her understand or maybe it just isn't going to work.

MadGinga likes this.
  15. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Yeah, it’s usually me that ends up doing that as well… Sometimes even clumping litter can’t spare me the horrors that lurk…

Actually no, that’s not the worst thing… The worst thing is when the cat has ingested my other half’s hair and attempts to… “pass” it… Sometimes he’s not entirely successful in the attempt, which leads to chasing a freaked-out cat who’s leaving poo streaks around the house because he’s got a turd dangling from his butt.

yuusou, Mr_Mistoffelees and adidan like this.
  16. adidan

Yeah there are the occasional duties away from the litter box that I also have to attend to.

Still, better than dealing with a doggy.

MadGinga and Byron C like this.
  17. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

Seems we are lucky, all our cat does is take a piss in the dog's bed, once every few months...

Byron C likes this.
  18. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

MadGinga, IanW and Mr_Mistoffelees like this.
  19. SuperHans123

SuperHans123 Multimodder

[​IMG]

20. d_stilgar

d_stilgar Old School Modder

I'm getting divorced and the process sucks. It's incredibly draining.