1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project :- Titanium 4 U | update 22-03-05 CARRYING HANDLE & HDD Mounted !!!!

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by j.rhy@n, 10 Feb 2005.

1. TurboFlush

TurboFlush What's a Dremel?

The case is awesome, I was suprised at what you have done with it. However the handle needs to be changed (in my opinion). If to utilize the same arangment. maybe using three of those cables instead of one. this would make the handle widder (more comfrtable), and look better. The anchors are a good idea but look kinda funny.

hmm, another idea, do you have anymore of that diamond metal? place a plate of it just under the handle. :dremel:

later,
    TF

2. j.rhy@n

j.rhy@n What's a Dremel?

Hi..

Thx for comments...

Handle seems to be top subject at the moment, the wire was the thickest there was. Im unsure if 3 strands of wire would look good but I shall see if I can find some thicker.

I do have some Alloy sheeting left what did you mean by placing under handle ?

3. j.rhy@n

j.rhy@n What's a Dremel?

tonight I had a Brain Storm...

The other day I flashed the bios after installing new operating system becuase the current bios doesnt show the new sempron info.. So tonight out of curiosity I decided to revert back to the original bios version and guess what ...Yep you guessed it the buzzing stopped. So it would seem that it is infact a codec problem with in the updated bios that was causing the buzzing noise and not my amp..The updated bios was a giant leep from the original so now I've upgraded 2 steps up missing out the latest, now all is fine and my speakers are working fine.. :rock:

4. TurboFlush

Just cut yah a rectangle to sit under the handle. you will have to remove the handle temporarily to do this and drill holes in the new plate where the handle goes thru (mounts to the case).

hope that somewhow helps the visualization. lol I am not to good at puuting my thoughts to words.

TF :clap:

5. j.rhy@n

j.rhy@n What's a Dremel?

Oh... I see .... Kind of a diamond shape on the top... Handle mounts showing through.. I will give it some thought..

***PC back on the testing station..

[​IMG]

Last edited: 27 Mar 2005
  6. TurboFlush

I think I still confused you. whenever I get home I will upload an image and post it. I guess you cant upload images to this forum.

later,
    TF

7. CaseyBlackburn

CaseyBlackburn Network Techie

no but you can always upload a pic through Photobucket

8. TurboFlush

mehh, I will just do it when I get home.
    that would just be another account to maintain. :waah:

9. J_Webmaster

J_Webmaster What's a Dremel?

Handle

The mod is SUPER!! The case looks great and you've done a wonderful job with the box!!!
    I just can't get over the eyesore :waah: of that handle on top.... I mean, use some metal and get creative :dremel: ......
    Using those cable fasteners just looks completely off.....

Need to change that thing...... :wallbash:

I think what TurboFlush was getting at was:
    [​IMG]

10. TurboFlush

Well umm, yah that is exactly what I was talking about. I was getting to that, just kinda busy. see I got this roomate, and I have to run to the grocery store all the time and get milk and other stuff, because we go thru it that fast. but he is afraid to go over there (to many people or something).

But yah, thanks J. good to find such help in these forums. :thumb:

Later, yall I gota get back to work :waah:

TF

11. j.rhy@n

j.rhy@n What's a Dremel?

Just to keep u in the news...

Im waiting on a custom made amp (Sealed) and I think it will be done in about 2 weeks.

Ive ordered a new UV Lamp and I shall replace it with the blue one so as to give more light to my cabling..

Im not done with the out side of the case so any ideas let me know, Im trying to find thicker cable so as to make the handle look better....

Once all the above is done I shall post final pictures...

12. BBurger

BBurger What's a Dremel?

For the handle - maybe go w/ two cables, and run them both thru a piece of the same clear tubing you're using inside the case?

Should both look more substantial & be more comfortable to actually use.

Awesome case - those server cases are huge, it looks like you could nearly put a complete second MoBo & stuff in there! :D

13. ginx

ginx What's a Dremel?

Pretty nice work here. Not at all my style, so I can't say I like it personally, but I do have to admit that your work is good. It does look pretty clean though. :D

14. j.rhy@n

j.rhy@n What's a Dremel?

n1 , I didint think to put plastic tubing over 2 x cables... I shall do it later...

thx

15. J_Webmaster

J_Webmaster What's a Dremel?

Handle.....

So your not even going to think about changing the handle..... Maybe making one out of the diamond plated chrome or something....... :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

16. bootupbuddha

bootupbuddha grunge modder

great looking case..... sorry, but I dont like the handle....

17. j.rhy@n

j.rhy@n What's a Dremel?

If you read my post above , the answer to the handle is yes I will improve it.

Im going to use 2 strands of cable and then place plastic tubing over to give it a better feel..

I will do it later and post results...

18. j.rhy@n

j.rhy@n What's a Dremel?

Thx, its not complete yet but not far off...

I know , a lot of people say the same thing :sigh: I really like it but tonight I will improve it and I hope It will look much better....