1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

100+ days sober

Discussion in 'Serious' started by maestro0428, 14 Jun 2012.

1. maestro0428

maestro0428 Master Modder

43 days sober...

Well its hard....but I am on day 43. I just went on vacation for a week and everyone else drank.
    If you do something for twenty years, yeah its hard to stop. I can't have just one, I must get drunk every time. I had a bout with amphetamines too recently and then there's the pot. I haven't quit smoking, although its been a week, but one battle at a time. I am always chasing some sort of high and I need to get past that. Thanks for listening. Now if I can just make it when I go back to work in the fall.:worried:

Guest-23315 and Elton like this.
  2. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Dude, congratulations. Seriously. Epic ****ing win.

3. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

If you haven't done so yet, it's time for you to take the next step and go see a clinical psychologist. They can help you stop chasing the high and learn to regulate your feelings with your own internal resources.

G0UDG likes this.
  4. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

If I could show even half of the willpower that you are(I really need to quit smoking), I'd be very proud of myself :thumb:

5. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Very well done dude. Keep us updated as you progress :thumb:

6. maestro0428

Thanks guys. Yeah, I have a therapist and a psychologist. I have depression and anxiety problems. My therapist was very excited for me, shes so nice. I have been seeing both for years. Day 44.:rock:

7. lp1988

lp1988 Minimodder

Keep it up and focus on tomorrow, things seem much more manageable when taking it one day at the time.

8. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

In terms of an end game, do you intend to never touch a drop again, or when you are confident in your convictions try to start drinking responsibly?

9. DK63

DK63 Resident magpie

You have to want to quit smoking to have a chance.

OP. Well done. I've never really drank alcohol, or smoked, so it's difficult for me to imagine what you are going through. My main vice is chocolate. In the grand scheme of things, pretty minor, but as a diabetic, it's something I need to manage. Keep going, it can be done, and follow the really good advice from those that know more than me. :thumb:

10. maestro0428

As I cannot have just one, I plan to quit indefinitely. I just treated a friend to a night out for his new baby and drank N/A beer all night. No problemo. He was quite drunk on our way home and it didn't bother me one bit.:thumb:

G0UDG likes this.
  11. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

Sounds great. The atmosphere is far more important than a few beers in my experience.

12. specofdust

specofdust Banned

You have a good friend there, and I do mean that seriously despite the possible sarcastic sound of it. Any friend who doesn't bore the crap out of you when they're drunk and you're sober is a damn good friend indeed.

Throbbi likes this.
  13. G0UDG

G0UDG helping others costs nothing

Well done matey have some rep for your persistence and determination stay on the path matey you will get there:clap::)

14. maestro0428

Thanks for the replies guys, and the rep. Day 50!:rock: I still need a sleeping pill to wind down at night cuz I have so much energy now I don't know what to do with myself, lol. Its getting easier every day.

Shirty, Landy_Ed and Margo Baggins like this.
  15. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Assuming you don't mind talking about it, if you were talking them, have you stopped the benzos? I honestly have no idea how long the DT period is, but it always seemed like it'd be quite scary to come of the booze and take benzos only to end up taking them long term.

Hope the sleeping goes well, I've talked with people who say that it took them a fair while to learn to fall asleep after spending years just essentially passing out every night, but it did get better for them and it will for you too.

Good luck buddy, you're succeeding!

16. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

50 days now man that's epic. A lot of support from me and this thread in general, which is heart-warming to see.

17. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Indeed. Self-regulation (without external means) is a skill, but one that can be learned with persistence and patience.

18. suragh

suragh Derp

That's a huge achievement, very life changing. I am happy that its worked for you! :thumb:

19. maestro0428

No benzos. I take Citalipram, Abilify and Klonopin as well as Zolpidem Titrate. I have been on some sort of depression meds for years. Withdrawal wasn't so bad coming off of the alcohol, I am sure the meds help some. I was anxious as hell but I didn't really get sick. The worst I have ever had was hydrocodone. Lots of sweating and itchiness for a couple of weeks. I don't mind talking about this stuff. It helps me and hopefully someone else along the way. Day 50 baby!

20. hughwi

hughwi Minimodder

Epic. Love the fact that you are excited about life. Also love the support from team bit-tech :)

Tags: