1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows 4K gaming (Philips BDM4065UC - 40")

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by phinix, 9 Oct 2015.

1. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

attaboy!:rock:

I finished 3am last night, Witcher 3 all the way. This is incredible, it's a whole different level of gaming.
    And this cannot be just me, lots of people loved it so it must be a good monitor:)

That's 3 nights in a row, playing till 3am, having few hours of sleep. I hope my 35 years old heart can take that amount of red bulls..;)

2. Pookie

Pookie Illegitimi non carborundum

Dying to see some pics of your setup :lol:

3. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

Oh, forgot, sorry - too busy playing:)

Thing is right now it's a bit messy, after swapping monitors I moved my desk 10cm from the wall, messed up on my desk, speakers aren't aligned, both Nano Tower and Chimera is sitting on it etc.
    Total mess.
    Tomorrow I'm going to Ikea to get that bigger table top. Then will swap it with existing one (PC desk modding!:)), will hang soundsticks speaker above the monitor and then will make some photos:)

So please bear with me:thumb:

4. Pookie

Pookie Illegitimi non carborundum

Sounds awesome, dead jels :(

5. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

box is HUGE.

[​IMG]

if its ok, ill try to do a few pictures, going to busy for a while getting this on.

6. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

OK. This is an example how this screen good is - I played witcher 3 till 6am this morning not even knowing or feeling what time it was! 8 hours of gaming! Last time I played that long was 15 years ago when I was a teenager!:eeek:

7. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

phinix when you first connected it up did you get the screen running at 30hz @
    3840 x 2160?

going to try to get it at 60hz

8. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

went into the screen menu via the cool little button on the rear right of the screen, its a button that can move up down left right and be pushed (would not be out of place on a hotas).

changed to 1.2 display port, rebooted, 60hz option is enabled.

its a good screen, has different video options, I have put it on to gaming and do notice a difference between the modes, office, gaming, movie etc.

firing up a few games now, 4k content is sharp and nice to view.

I am defiantly impressed with the size and resolution, its a good purchase and has added to my rig, ideally I could have another 2 tbh driven I guess at a lower res, un-necessary due to pending VR

9. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

Yep, then you need to change it in menu.

Awesome! See? I told you, this is freaking amazing screen!
    Last night I played till 6am. Forgot to check the time, it was so immersive.

I LOVE IT!!! Check lower res, I once tried and kept the screen on 4k and then run a game in 1440p - it was still sharp enough to play it.
    So you could have 3 of them:))

10. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Yeah, it seems that modern LCD monitors can be ran at lower resolutions without too much of a compromise. I was quite surprised how good mine looked at 1440p tbh. Might solve a few performance issues if I really need it.

11. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

Ok I have had enough hours on the screen now that I can form a little impression about it.

When I purchased the screen I was not sure if it was a good idea since I already had triple screen and visualizing putting a big 40" in the middle with out even knowing if I could keep the side screens was a leap of faith, but I was prepared to give the screen a try.

On delivery the box size struck me as huge which was nice, taking the screen out of the box was easy and all the correct cables and leads were in the box with the front face of the panel nicely protected with a separate card board sheet in there.

Mounting the screen to the obutto was a piece of cake since the rear of the Phillips screen had the correct vesa holes to fit two screws into the top position.

Setting the screen up I had to use the rear button on the screen to go into the options and set DP from 1.1 to 1.2 which opened up 60hz.

What strikes me is the impressive level of satisfaction I feel moving from a thinner or be it triple screen towards one larger and higher resolution, it feels more natural, more expensive, a richer experience, having a large window into a gaming world is better than having three screens at 1980x1080. Sitting in front of this screen feels like a million dollars.

Flight simulators appeared much better with the ability to see much more of the game like cockpit plus outside world at the same time, war thunder even at total max uber settings still kept over 100fps, another good example is a game going from not playable for me Planetary Annihilation / titans, to becoming an extremely delicious lush experience. Planetary Annihilation at 4k is gorgeous.

The screen is a big enough dollop of display that I can easily game off it with track IR, firing up assetto corsa keeping absolute max settings still kept above 60fps and is an absolute visual treat.

Philips BDM4065UC - 40" coupled with a 980TI is cinematic gaming and completely satisfies your gaming needs past 10 out of 10 into 11 and 12 out of ten territory.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

See, I told you, this is the best monitor you can get, IMHO.
    I know there are all those 144Hz, gsyns, etc - but I think this 40" size in 4K res is the best thing for games.
    Like you said - it looks million dollars - it looks amazing and works amazing.
    GTX980Ti + Philips 40" is perfect combo. Next gen cards will only make it stronger.

This monitor does same thing 50 gaming experience/immersion, what SSD does to OS and software experience/responsivness. Right?

I... LOVE... IT. :rock: