1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress __FUZION__

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by mnpctech, 4 May 2010.

1. mnpctech

mnpctech bit-tech sponsor

Rick Arter shares guide on replacing the Corsair H50 tubing here :thumb:

@ stonesurd, I do too! I got this one from PPCs, here

2. mnpctech

3. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Nice!

Hey Bill whats the name of the fan screws you used? i can't remeber for the life of me what they are called.

Im typing into google "socket screws" "machine screws" "hex bolts" all types of things and no joy, any particular name for them sorry if this sounds a bit retarded

4. mnpctech

in the last picture?

Try "Allen Button head" or "Hex Socket Button" screw :thumb:

5. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil What's a Dremel?

Im liking that alot, great work dude.

As for the screws, they are just button headed bolts- there is a great shop on ebay that carries every type and size you can dream of: Bolt me up :)

6. DeadP1xels

Ahhh fantastic! found what i wanted with both :thumb:

On the Money!! :thumb: good price and exactly what im after

cheers chaps :thumb:

7. mnpctech

8. brinkz0r

brinkz0r Minimodder

That SSD bracket is just amazing, good choice!

9. mnpctech

Check out the other products on UN Design's website ...very cool stuff :hip:

I'm going to abide to cheap's suggestion of polishing the raised logo on the side panels. I'm picking up Mother's brand "BILLET" polish from the Auto parts store tomorrow.

10. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

I win!:D
    I don't want to hear sh*t about it messing up the painted spots! I said polish it before you painted it.:hehe: -just covering my butt, here...

11. mnpctech

I've decided to re-paint the background of both panels after I polish the logo. I discovered a more realistic looking Aluminum colored paint in a can!, Plastikote Engine Enamel #207

12. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

Bill, fantastic work man. I love to watch all your updates. That SSD bracket/stand is brilliant! It's amazing how much viewers can learn from your work - I do! :D

13. mnpctech

Thanks for tuning in and commenting phinix! The SDD bracket is from UNDesigns :thumb:

Here is the new 120mm fan grill for the rear exhaust. The center portion of the grill rotates 360 degrees.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. mnpctech

I covered the Corsair H50 lines with this anodized colored split loom made from polyethylene (plastic)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]'

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I ordered it from CableTiesandMore

Just a heads up before you order. Their sites states "molecular bonded to the tubing and will not flake, peel or chip off like other brands" but I did have some portions flake off while manipulating it to fit over the 2, water lines. I bought the chrome color version as well, this coating appears more durable than the Blue. I will swap the colors if the Blue flakes any further. I also had to phone them after waiting 4 days with no updates as to why my order wasn't processed. The other item on my order, these chrome cable ties were "out of stock" with no indication of this on their product page.

Me: (email) "Can you please tell us why it's taken 4 days to process our order?"

CableTiesandMore: We are currently out of stock on the item you ordered. As soon as inventory becomes availble we will ship your order ASAP. Thank-you for your patience

Me: Can you Please tell which item I ordered is Out of Stock and When it will be available? Please send the "In stock" items now.

They never replied, which prompted a call. I talked to a "Jen" in shipping and she told me she would ship the in stock item. She also told me she would email the tracking number that day and didn't. I had to call back the next day and ask for it. It's been 2 weeks since I ordered the cable ties and haven't been updated with any ETA on them.

So just a warning about this outfit. I'm sure you can find these items elsewhere if you search Google.

15. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Wowzers, the grill looks right at home on the back :) & that anodised stuff looks awesome & a perfect match for the fan, shame to hear it's a little flakey but looks awesome in the pictures Bill :thumb:.

16. DeadP1xels

The Sex.

Nuff said

17. Archtronics

Archtronics Minimodder

Been watching this mod for a while, Its a real inspiration for my own especially the H50 mods which are simple yet effective.

Mark

18. bobisgod

bobisgod What's a Dremel?

Beautiful tubes! But how do people paint radiators without getting paint on the fins?

19. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

Absolute bloody freggin awesome and the metal work is brilliant. Cannot wait to see the finished product

20. BLUEHORSESTUDIOS

BLUEHORSESTUDIOS I haven't lost a finger yet!

I love your work Bill, this case is really amazing. I thinking about the same effect for my fan grills as well.
    Thanks for the inspiration.