1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware AMD to Ditch the ATI Brand

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Lizard, 30 Aug 2010.

1. frontline

frontline Punish Your Machine

It's worth the change just to see whether the 'nothing but Intel' die-hards will stick a GPU in their PC with an even bigger AMD logo on it.

2. Lockon Stratos

Lockon Stratos I Will Snipe You!

well like someone said on another forum (dont know if its been mentioned here but i cant be arsed to read through the walls of text) since there is no more ATi - you will see the AMD sticker on any PC or laptop with AMD hardware - be it graphics or CPUs, and it will piss Intel off that the AMD sticker that now represents ATi graphics will now sit next to the Intel sticker on a Intel powerd pc/laptop.

it was a long time coming but it is truely sad to see the ATi brand dissolved as that was the name of the creator of one of the most legendary graphic cards known to man - the ATi Radeon 9800. its not as it the company itself has been disbanded but its still a sad end for one of the greastest brands that people of all experiences - wheather its total novices or LN2 extremists have come to know and trust the brand since its first appearance on the market.

P.S.

I would also like to point out i am not an ATi/AMD fan boy - I go with whoever offers the best bang for buck card.- the wiser approach to the best gaming experience for your money

3. kingjohn

kingjohn mod this sucker

i think its fair to state we are all fan boys of the GPU ,direct comp is good for all so i am happy with that ,AMD and NVIDIA and iNTEL are all part of the capitalst system they are in this for money ,they are driven on only to make more money. what they sell we will consume ,,,,eventualy .

4. frontline

frontline Punish Your Machine

Typical crazyceo comments in AMD topics:-

- AMD PR bollocks marketing division

- Yawn!

- Why are we still getting BS from the AMD Pr machine?

- This whole article should have been headed "according to AMD" which means "we'll believe it when we see it"

- Let's just hope they've changed their crappy practices and will be launching an alternative.

- This is the problem with AMD "Leak's". You all start leg humping and then realise you're doing it to a dead horse!

- Yawn (again)

I'd see if i could add anymore later, but it's a tad repetitive.

Strange how this cynicism doesn't crop up in ANY Intel related thread....

5. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

My personal favorite was "Stick a fork in them, they're done!". I hope we get to see that more often. It's just like those people who thought Nvidia would wither and die because Fermi was so late and initially terrible.

Quite simply, you don't become one of the two largest x86 designers (I refrain from saying manufacturers due to the production done by GF and TSMC) by having products which have no value. It's easy to stand back and cite how small their market share is compared to Intel, but when you look at what a massive market the two compete in you see that AMD is still a massively powerful company. You don't reach that level without having something good to sell, PR or not. You're called a troll in almost every thread because you are seemingly incapable of seeing that. Even a die hard fan boy has to admit that their competitor must have some advantages in order to continue existing. Believe it or not, AMD is not run by Satan, and they do not trick customers with black magic.

6. RichCreedy

RichCreedy Hey What Who

Thats cos Intel Rocks :)

lol, sorry someone had to

7. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

Seems a shame really, to loose the ATI brand name. I always associated that with decent GPU's and I've always associated AMD with naff CPU's (I know there not naff really..but next to Intel they suck).

I suppose it does make things easier for all the people who know nothing about what is inside their computers. But then what's the point when they won't really know anything more now anyway?

8. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

No, just stop being a nob crazyceo and stop throwing the troll word around, it's uninventive.

I'm throwing out people who cannot have a sensible conversation without getting blinded by their purchase justification syndrome.

9. Anakha

Anakha Minimodder

But but but! Now we have Team Green and Team Green! It was bad enough for colourblind people like me with Team Red and Team Green, but now they're just taking the p!ss!

10. Etebaer

Etebaer What's a Dremel?

It is a move that at times had to come while the explanation that AMD is a stronger brand in the graphic business than ATI is more than surprising and i am curious how they had to read the surveys to come to this conclusion^^

There is no need to back up a rightfulll and logical decision with obvious ******** !

11. Lockon Stratos

Lockon Stratos I Will Snipe You!

I still have a handfull of ATi Keychains & lanyards from a gaming exhibition at earls court many many many years ago back when they were field testing the first stalker. - I musta spent the whole day glued to that game n nothing else.

anyhoo - I guess all this ATi stuff will be worth a fair few quid now that ATi branding has been officially dissolved.

Id give it about a year then i'l throw a few of them on Ebay and see if i can sell the lanyards for £30 a peice

12. TheBlackSwordsMan

TheBlackSwordsMan Over the Hills and Far Away

This rebranding is a wonderfull Idea ! I've another Idea.... Lets change the Jaguar Line !!!

Tata XK
    Tata XJ
    Tata XF

13. crazyceo

crazyceo What's a Dremel?

Since my post was removed could ADMIN please remove this one as well or is it double standards on this forum?

14. tristanperry

tristanperry Minimodder

Was to be expected I guess. As others have said, it's a long time coming.

It is a little surprising considering that the ATI brand is (IMO) stronger than the AMD one, although I guess that's something that AMD are wanting to change.

Last edited: 4 Sep 2010
Tags: Add Tags