1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Anno 2070

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Gunsmith, 19 Nov 2011.

1. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

Any screen shots of the new underwater parts of the expansion?

I need to pick up the expansion and sort my main game out, has been a while since i last played.

2. Draksis

Draksis What's a Dremel?

Just realised that with the power transfer system, the Nuclear power plants are now very viable for the tycoon's housing islands.

Also means that if you make a dedicated power island, saves you a few issues if one of the reactors were to go critical :D

3. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

indeed, downside is the need for all that uranium, using solar collectors with solar enhancements and a dish stirling system in your ark can give better results (ie they wont blow up)

4. Draksis

Draksis What's a Dremel?

Ya, very true - but what you save in sustainable, you lose in space. Also remember that if we talking Ark mods, then we can ensure that the plants don't do critical.

What I had more in mind actually was the utilisation of those much smaller islands that normally have uranium resources, but not useful for anything else really. not big enough for solar towers, or even food of any kind (in any decent quantities any way).

5. loftie

loftie Multimodder

Is Deep Ocean on an different exe? Or does it work like the DLC, you run Anno and have access to the content? Also how does it work with other people online who don't have the expansion?

I know Dom posted it in the bargains thread, but in case you missed it, Dom found Deep Ocean for £13 on ZiiP Link

6. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

its an extension of the existing game so no separate install.

7. loftie

loftie Multimodder

Yea I just saw in the patch notes now that it's all update :D

Weird I have the geniuses achievement up to 2000/5000 having not played it yet.....

8. Draksis

Draksis What's a Dremel?

If anyone is still on the fence about buying Deep Oceans, Gunsmith made a hour long vid on youtube discussing the expansion.

Much lolz were had by me when I watched it last night. I particularly enjoyed your rant about people getting sick so much! :hehe:

9. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Oooh, might give that a watch later, seeing it at £12.95 for a physical copy is very tempting.....
    http://www.zavvi.com/games/platforms/pc/anno-2070-deep-ocean/10606422.html

10. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Linky?

I won't buy it but I like watching vids for the pretty graphics. :thumb:

11. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

12. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

Just click on the link in Gunsmith's sig.

13. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

As dictator I will not tolerate my subjects avoiding state work by dying.

14. Boardoombob

Boardoombob What's a Dremel?

So far I've been running the 2 and 3 star Warehouse plugins, Optimized inventory turnover and Automated Transport facilities, as I thought that the + 1 and + 2 transport units would be beneficial to having a large manufacturing area, but they don't appear to make much of a difference (or not one that I've seen).

What Ark modules would you recommend using? Are there any 'must have' ones which really come in handy?

15. Draksis

Draksis What's a Dremel?

My 3 star plug-ins are for the Hydro dam (each dam then gives 700 power), The Guardian power/AOI reduction, and the 0% accident with labs.
    2 Star is all three Emergency services, and 1 star is maintenance reduction on both sides and a general (+2%) to production.

Only my 3 stars I would consider 'must haves', but the lab plug-in is more about me being lazy with Tech layout designs. As for the other 2: an extra 200 power is nothing is sneer at, and the 3 star guardian plug-in mean that they only only need 150 power now instead of 250.

So those two together means I can have 2 guardians running on a food island and still have tons of power left. I mean whats not to like about 400 power AND a 1000 Eco boost :thumb:

16. Aterius Gmork

Aterius Gmork smell the ashes

Tier 1
    Guardian 1.0 high-perform. fibers: -20% energy for the Guardian
    Low wages regulations: -8% maintaince for all buildings
    Turbulence reduction: -15% influence area for offshore wind parks

Tier 2
    Optimized inventury turnover: -30% maintaince for all warehouses, good depots and port authorities, 1 additional transporter
    Increased macroeconomic subsidies: +4% production for all buildings
    Darrieus rotor: -20% maintaince, -25% influence area

Tier 3
    Automated Transport facilities: -40% maintaince costs, 2 additional transporters for all warehouses, good depots and port authorities, 1 additional transporter
    Cargo liner cargo service upgrade: +50% capacity, +20% speed
    Multifractal positioning system: -30% maintaince costs, -35% influence radius for offshore wind parks

Actually I find most tier 3 upgrades give very little bonuses, I wish you could socket tier 2 upgrades in tier 3 slots.

Out of all the upgrades above I find the low wage regulations is the only must have as it will help in all situations, period. Otherwise it really depends on 1) what you have if you don't cheat 2) what you actually want to achieve.

I chose to socket all offshore wind parks as they were the best power supply: They were cheap, not prone to accidents and most importantly don't cost precious building space on your islands. However things have changed with the last update:

[​IMG]

Before the update with all three influence upgrades you could build the offshore turbines right next to each other. Now they take 2.5 times as much space. :(

What power source do you guys use?

17. Boardoombob

Boardoombob What's a Dremel?

Mainly hydro at the moment as I stocked up a while back, but I've not had much of a play with the Tycoons yet (next objective - thanks Gunsmith for the vids :) ), so no idea what Nuclear is like.

As for ark upgrades, I'm currently running -
    Level 1 -
    • Automated Fire Detection systems (+10% influence area)
    • Lightweight mobilization (+10% speed to all Eco ships to be replaced)
    • Macroeconomic subsidies (+2% production worth keeping?)

Level 2 -
    • Optimised Inventory Turnover (as above)
    • Exosphere Ionization (-30% Influence area and Maintenance for Weather Control stations -want to replace this with something else
    • Global Gun upgrade (+12% Attack Power to most offensive ships this could also go

Level 3 -
    • Centralised Biometric database (+30% influence area, +40% investigation speed for Police)
    • Automated Transport Facilities (as above)
    • Keeper 1.0 Converter Upgrade (-40% energy cost and influence area for Keepers)

I might swap one of the level 2's out with a Hospitals 'Vehicle Fleet Renewal' (+20% influence and +30% heal speed), but not sure what to do with the other 3. Maybe a 'Container Ship Logistics Revision' (+25% speed and cargo size).

Does anyone use the Public Building ark plugins at all?

18. Draksis

Draksis What's a Dremel?

So I decided to stick these questions about Anno 1404 in here cause it's a bit pointless make a whole new thread for 2 questions.

So, ya - as you can guess, I found 1404 is the ass end of the world (aka Southern Africa) on a shelf no less (shock and horror, i know :p ). I'm SOOO in love with this game - so epic, so relaxing. It's like having the hots for 2070's little sister! :naughty: :hehe:

Anyway, on to my 2 questions:
    1.) How do you "delete" ships? In 2070 you could just use the destroy tool - not in 1404

2.) What the hell do you do with beggars? And why would I want them in my city in any case?

19. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Glad to hear of another 1404 fan :D

Not sure on ships, I'll have a looksie later.
    I personally accept the beggars, since I don't tend to need the money the patricians etc would give me. Once you have a certain number of beggars in alms houses (I believe) you can get extra citizen rights, so you don't need as many houses to get more people upgraded :D
    Also, if you refuse them, they can come back as bandits and cause trouble (attack your city etc)

20. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

its not 100% complete yet but its deffo my most aesthetically pleasing city ye

[​IMG]