1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Music Another free or pay album, like from Radiohead, from Saul Williams (Trent Reznor)?

Discussion in 'General' started by DXR_13KE, 4 Jan 2008.

1. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

2. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

Cheers, I'll give the free one a download and if its any good I'll buy it.

::edit:: What a load of pants, there is maybe 1 good track on the whole album.
    Though I wholly support what they are trying to do there is no way I will pay for an album that I don't enjoy all that much yet they are "disappointed" with the sales figures.
    Release better material = more sales.
    Sure its only $5 which is what.. 1-2p these days :)p) but like I say, its a matter of principal, why support stuff that you don't like, if you don't buy it they produce different stuff and maybe you'll like some of it.
    Buy the junk and they keep churning out junk and that's the trouble.

Also afaik its not Trent though he backed the project it's meant to be his protégé (is that the correct spelling/word? I forget).

Last edited: 4 Jan 2008
  3. speedfreek

speedfreek What's a Dremel?

Im wondering if its worth downloading or not but free to try (and have) and $5 to buy cant be bad.

4. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

I got it (paid the $5) for it back when it came out. I love it, but then like Saul Williams and Trent Reznor anyway.

5. specofdust

specofdust Banned

I thought that was an absolutely awful album personally. IMO trent has been going steadily downhill since day 1. He's doing ok still because he started out making some absolutey mind-bendingly good music, but it does still seem to be steadily decending into mediocrity and rubbish :(

6. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

Just renamed the title as downloading this thinking you're downloading NIN is not really wise. This is a SAUL WILLIAMS album, Trent produced, but it is not a Nine Inch Nails album.

7. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

thanks Hex :D

8. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Indeed, that's true. But the Reznor is extremely visible (well, audible) in it. Meh, still think it's crap.

9. padrejones2001

padrejones2001 Puppy Love

In terms of sound, it's really not all that different from Saul's first album, which came out long before Trent and Saul knew each other. I think the case here is that Saul tried to rush the album and created lyrics that were sub-par. In my opinion, his first album is much better.

Tags: