1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV Shows Anyone else excited about this? (Game of Thrones)

Discussion in 'General' started by Pookeyhead, 18 Jun 2010.

1. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

I don't quite know what's going on here, but keep it legal gents.

2. Constructacon

Constructacon Constructing since 1978

Came here to say this. The Demote Thread remembers.

3. TheBlackSwordsMan

TheBlackSwordsMan Over the Hills and Far Away

I just want to say that as much as I wanted Cersei to die, I believe that she paid for what she did. My new death wish goes to Ellaria Sand that B.................................

4. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Don't bring that years old **** back. I'd forgotten. :miffed:

Ep2:

OMG Boltons. OMG John. OMG the Watch OMG everything.

Predictions:
    Jamie goes on a bird killing rampage.
    Dorne marches north :yawn:
    Sansa turns up and John says he was dead, so no longer NW commander, sends Ravens to unite the North around him, serves up some Bolton on a stick.
    Danny goes to croneville, dragons turn up to cook everyone, she becomes supreme leader of the horse people and says **** this I'm going back to Westeros.
    John meets Danny as they approach Kings Landing next season. Is next season last one?
    God knows where the old stone Bear ends up.

5. TheBlackSwordsMan

I danced a jig, that's all I have to say.
    **** Yeah! **** Yeah! **** Yeah! Note: Davos is the man, when he picked up Jon's sword, it gave me goosebumps

6. hyperion

hyperion Minimodder

I liked this episode. Every time I start to feel good about GoT I end up getting mindscrewed :/

7. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Ramsay Bolton makes Joffrey Baratheon look like an altar boy

8. glaeken

glaeken Freeeeeeeze! I'm a cawp!

9. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

Now that was the best GoT episode in a long time IMO. Can't really say much without spoiling, so I'll leave it at that. Also, totally agree with Spreadie lol! :thumb:

10. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Yea he does. Although I was disappointed at that scene and their attention to detail:
    I feel his father would have attempted to fight back a stab to the stomach/liver, forcing Ramsay to rage several stabs. Ramsay is about total domination, not minimum action.

I hope
    Theon tries to take the black, Sansa speaks up for him and John says no they are still family blahblah to Winterfell they ride south together. Then after they take Winterfell, Theon gets his revenge.

Also can't wait for Episode 3.
    Ollie
    you little ****, you're gonna get what's coming to you.

Also question: Didn't Stannis have a special Valerian steel sword? I wonder if they'll find it.

Last edited by a moderator: 3 May 2016
  11. TheBlackSwordsMan

Stanni's sword, also known as Lightbrighter, was a fake Valerian sword. The real Lightbrighter will be pulled out of the fire by the one chosen by the God of Light... I've someone in mind.

12. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

:eeek::eeek::eeek::eeek::eeek:

Also
    Willis! I'm super curious about Bran now. That storyline has been totally reinvigorated for me. Hope they don't let it down like the books.

Will Messandre be the one to find out John's actual birth mother, hence fulfilling her prophecy?

13. VipersGratitude

VipersGratitude Multimodder

Did anyone notice...
    that when Littlefinger convinces the young lord of the vale to join the fight against the Boltons his words were "Time to join the fray"? House Frey? They have reason to fight the Boltons, since Ramsay destroyed Frey's political ambitions in destroying another arranged marriage. I have a feeling Littlefinger will rise to be the ultimate Big Bad in the North, and win, only to be overwhelmed late this season, or early next, when winter finally comes.

14. Hamfunk

Hamfunk I AM KROGAN!

So just caught up on Episodes 2,3,4. In general they were very entertaining and a welcomed return to form following the lows of Episode 1.

Although that last 5 mins of Ep4 was toilet
    Oh just to chill there guys while I nonchalantly knock over these baskets of fire.... Queue the cheap dramatic music..... you cannot run from these baskets of fire! ...... No one thought to dropkick Dany in the jaw?

15. rollo

rollo Modder

Game of thrones for the last season and half is a bit off the boil. One good episode every 3-4 or a bit of a episode is good with the rest just garbage.

In a way its like the books in that, You could litterally skim a 100 pages and not skip a important bit in the later ones.

If the rumours of a 6 episode season turn out to be true that would be for the best I feel.

HBO are in danger of milking this one dry with some of these episodes

Rumours are the shows leaders and writers want to end it after 8 seasons. HBO want at least another 6 seasons.

Not certain even Game of thrones can survive till a 12th season.

16. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

I haven't cried in years but today's episode just got me right in the feels.....

17. TheBlackSwordsMan

Hold the door! Hold the door!! HOLD THE DOOR!!!

18. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

19. hyperion

hyperion Minimodder

Make Westeros great again.
    ~Tommen, 2016

20. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

Any other comments on the most recent episode (6)? I feel that it's gone of the boil a bit, but there's plenty of potential for the proverbial to hit the fan - which we have been promised it will.

I'm not sure what is going on with the Arya story...it feels very disconnected from the rest of the narrative and seems to linger a lot. I'm not sure how faithful it is to the books as I haven't read them, but I hope that Arya kills that annoying girl.