1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Assassin's Creed II

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Ravenheart, 19 Nov 2009.

1. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

Yeah done all the training now, just need to find an opportunity after collecting the feathers.

Finished the game tonight. Got everything to set up the homestead to 100% (at 98%) apart from all the feathers. Just got 5 in Florence and about 12 in Venice left to find :)

I'll be keeping hold of this game to play again. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

2. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

Finally got the game.. starts out with a nice bang.. looking forward to completing this :D

3. Hex

One thing no-one's mentioned yet is the music. I love the music on this game! Especially the really off-kilter stuff when you're chasing someone. It's like the old Industrial atmospheric stuff I used to listen to at college :)

4. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

It's Jesper Kyd, who did the music for Hitman too. Love his work.

5. Hex

Indeed, it's great.

Can anyone who owns the AC2 soundtrack tell me if the music for the chase scenes in the Assassin's Tombs (where a guard runs off closing doors shouting "I haff to get awaii. beefaw he keels me" in a hilarious Italian accent) is on it, and if so what track. I'm not paying £10 for the whole album especially if that isn't on it and I spent ages going through previews of all the tracks on iTunes and none sounded like it :(

6. DarkLord7854

That was a hilarious level

7. Ola.l

Ola.l What's a Dremel?

Well Iam checking through Spotify right now but the only song with 'chase' in it is #12 "Chariot Chase" the song could be in one of the songs titled "-escape", all of them are really good aswell! :)

8. Hex

Aha yes! I was going to look on Spotify earlier and forgot, thanks for reminding me :)

It turns out it's about halfway through Venice Fight <3

9. Hex

Yay! Got all the feathers today, gave them to Ma and she gave me the Auditore cape which I promptly wore everywhere to get the 'Show Your Colours' achievement :) Got kleptomanic and man of the people as well.

Having trouble with the sand one though as there are either never enough guards in one direction or he refuses to pick up sand until they're close enough to hit him. Gah!

10. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

Use a smoke bomb thing, they're much easier to throw sand at then!!

11. bloodcar

bloodcar Minimodder

It took me three hours but I finally got all the feathers. Last achievement left is Sweeper. I wish Ezio would sweep them instead of stabbing them, grrrr.

12. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

Yeah I'm waiting on the PC one I've heard that it dont work well on keyboard + mouse does anyone know if thats true

13. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

Completed last night, only achievement left is for killing 10 enemies without getting hit.
    Only things left is to get the uplay tomb and a few paintings to buy which I can't seem to find.

I enjoyed this. The ending was a bit of a twist - I really can't wait to play the next one.

14. Hex

The U-Play Auditore Crypt almost cost me my sanity - Arghhh! I've had constant headaches and mini pre-migraines for the last week because of the weather :sigh: but I'm going to give it a go getting all the achievements (maybe barring FlySwatter which I missed) later this week.

15. DarkLord7854

I'm becoming increasingly frustrated with the free-run system, it's incredibly hard to get it to do what you want it to as it has a tendency to like making you leap off roofs in the wrong direction, or plunging you in the water.

I was doing the final crypt in Venice last night and was getting incredibly aggravated by Ezio's inability to do a bloody wall jump without deciding to do a full reverse dive.

16. Hex

I have to say I've only had issues with it in the Assassin's Tombs. For some reason the camera zooms out and goes at weird angles changing what direction is forward. Gah! I really hate that. Doesn't happen to me anywhere else though and at least in this one jumping in puddles doesn't mean insta-death.

17. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

That always mystified me. Did his ancestor just never go in water? Ever ever? What a strange existence. Even I've been swimming a few times, and I abhor physical exertion.

18. DarkLord7854

Yea, the tombs are really really really bad at it, specially with the timers and then you get so close, only to fall flat just before the end because the camera reset.. Yea..

What really pissed me off though was climbing the tower in Venice next to the palace where the Duge is, and I go to do a Jump&Grab upwards, so I hold down RT, push & hold LS up, and hit A.. and Ezio does a reverse jump and falls to his death. WTF.

Then there's all the times where I'm holding LS straight, and he has a tendency of veering off-course when jumping between stuff and sometimes gets stuck, or falls and turns into a ragdoll and lolls around, sometimes rolling off rooftops. Bah.

I must say though, the hidden blades are by far my favorite weapon in a fight.

19. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

pretty much used the hidden blades all the way through the game except for the last 2-3 boss fights where I just couldn't seem to counter-hit at all.

20. DarkLord7854

Finally finished it, loved the ending, best credits of a game I've seen in a loooong time.

Really looking forward to #3