1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Battlefield 4 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by sotu1, 15 Mar 2013.

1. droyden

droyden What's a Dremel?

Yeah the default spawn class has caught me out a couple of times when I have jumped out to repair or RPG a tank only to find I'm throwing medic kits at it :/

2. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

It seems to forget between rounds. Spawn to spawn it remembers the class for me, but each time a new round starts it's back to Assault. It's annoying, but since it wasn't in BF3 (or any BF game I can remember) I'm hoping it won't be in the retail.

3. keir

keir S p i t F i r e

In sure that'll be sorted no problem.

4. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

Funny Phenomenon, been watching my com centre and I see people play a few rounds of bf4 and then they go back to BF3.

I was excited by BF3 as I had played BF2 for 5 years so the release of BF3 was exciting, I have barely 2 years into BF3 so BF4 seems too early and not a big enough of a change.

I surprise myself as I really think I'm not going to buy it :(.

5. AiA

AiA Minimodder

takes ages to get on to BF4 and then theres a lot of lag
    so probably why people switch back to bf3 after a short while

i think bf4 is not coming soon enough, but i only have the premium version

6. Sarakon

Sarakon The German

All our servers broke today...massive lag for everyone, even though they are running 40-60fps...will see what tomorrow brings.
    Thoroughly enjoying the game though

7. fix-the-spade

Considering that the beta is one map and two modes I'd say that's thoroughly normal.

8. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Some fun kills tonight, tank pawnage, rpg ass kickery, and some sneaky C4 nonsense.

9. Neogumbercules

Neogumbercules What's a Dremel?

So far I'm liking it a lot. The urgency of infantry combat is definitely a lot higher. You die FAST in this game. I'm perfectly OK with that. The vehicles are a lot more fun to use so far. Maybe it's just the map, but I feel a lot less like a sitting duck in my tank or LAV than I ever did in BF3.

With mobility hits and the seemingly faster rocket reload the engi is definitely a force to be reckoned with now, and the LAV with Tow Missiles just rocks tanks. Had a good run sneaking up behind tanks, putting a Tow in their rear armor and unloading with the main cannon. Can kill in 1 volley if you hit it just right. If you disable their tracks you basically win the fight regardless with your vastly superior mobility!

10. Concrete-Coffin

Concrete-Coffin Minimodder

Last edited: 5 Oct 2013
  11. Stanley Tweedle

Stanley Tweedle NO VR NO PLAY

Spent an hour trying to get online on the game "Loading................."

Updated the punkbstr several times then installed new punkbst. Eventually managed to get in on a game and was presented with washed-out textures and what appeared to be xbox graphics. I played for about 2 mins then quite because it all seemed rather pointless.

I know the finished game will look amazing. I think I'm just irritated by game related stuff at the moment.

Last edited: 5 Oct 2013
  12. fuus

fuus Misses Rep Bombs

RE: Kit issues, can you not 'select the Kit as active'? In Battlelog

13. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Righto firstly.

Anyone with black loading screen of death issues.

http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=support-bf4.php install the update. Worked a charm.

I don't see washed out textures or colours. The lack of blue tint has made me happy.

Re Kit Issues. Even if you set it within Battlelog BF4 likes to pick Assault anyway. It does not seem to select your last known kit. Which is a pain, yet gain I went to rep a tank or rpg a tank with med kits and defibs.

14. Stanley Tweedle

You know what it is... I'm not ready yet for BF4 emotionally. I only bought the last BF3 expansion about 4 months ago and I like BF3 a lot. I'm just not ready for the change even though I know I don't have much choice.

15. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Ahh well there are somethings that need serious balance.

Firstly the RPG plus Personal Laser Designator is OP. On Helos it instagib. One kit kill and the lock doesn't sound the same at all.

16. Stanley Tweedle

People have been complaining that you shouldn't have to unlock the same weapon attachments again and again. Have they changed that for BF4?

If I unlock a particular scope, is it available on all weapons?

I will give the beta a proper try later.

17. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

I'm not sure I havent unlocked many attachments, I'm not sure how it all works at the moment. I believe it is the same way as BF3 tbh.

18. fix-the-spade

No, if anything they've made it worse. Just like BF3 an unlock only counts for one weapon, so get ready to unlock the holo or cobra for every gun, again.

But.

To get all the attachments now, not only do you have to get the unlocks as before, but a bunch of parts are only available via battle packs. These work like the unlock packs in Mass Effect 3, you get them at XP intervals (or when you get your wallet out) and the items within are random. So get ready for real money gambling in BF4. I am not impressed with Battlepacks.

Graphics stuff, I don't know what everyone's on about. When the sky scraper comes down, stand in the wreckage and look at the dust, look at how the buildings cast shadows and God rays in the dust that correspond with the sunlight and move with your perspective. Also look how other players affect those shadows in real time. It's amazing, the textures are quite lumpy in places but the effects are on a level I've never seen in a game outside of pre-rendered cutscenes.

19. Stanley Tweedle

So as always BF is visually stunning but they chop and change other aspects. I just got used to the premium versus regular map packs on BF3 and now it's all gonna be different again.

The battlepacks sound **** and I never pay for stuff like that. I didn't mind paying for the BF3 map packs but I won't pay for weapon unlocks.

20. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

I have to agree, I bought DLC, but never unlocks. I will earn my unlocks with blood sweat and C4!

I still haven't pre ordered the game yet........