1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Battlefield 4 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by sotu1, 15 Mar 2013.

1. Lassar

Lassar Lean Mean Fighting Machine !

Battlefield 4 beta sucks ! Its not optimized at all for a vast number of system configurations ! Whilst I know its a BETA BF3 Alpha was better than this. Now I have a fairly good machine and yet I can only get about 20-15 FPS and that jumps all over the place..... Does not bode well :(

2. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

BF4 beta is brilliant! well optimized for newer multicore systems - anyone on an old machine needs to take a long hard look at upgrading - especially AMD kit.

as an example - BF3 beta had near identical p[performance at retail than the stress test....

3. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

[​IMG]

4. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

so just because AMD machines are doing well in an AMD paid for title - its suddenly not well optimized?

don't make me ****ing laugh in your face.

5. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

uwatm8?

did i say that? did i say anything at all other than nope.jpg?

If it was well optimized it wouldnt matter that hardware you was using so long as it was relatively in date and decent power it would run smooth.

BF4 in its current alpha state is horrible, its not playable its so awfully optimized.
    dont get me wrong, im sure it will run a lot smoother when its released.
    But right now, it feels rushed and half cooked, its fuking terrabad.

But what small amount i have played, its surprising changed my option on the game from been very hyped for it, to not caring less about it as its far to simular to BF3 to justify spending 60 odd quid on it.

Last edited: 5 Oct 2013
  6. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

you actually think this is ALPHA? orly?

its FINAL - with retail release in 21 days time , this is the version you will get - why?

because for a game to `go gold` and get approval by the console makers - it takes up to 3 MONTHS in advance.

and just like BF3 , there will be day 0 patch for all the glaring issues now - but what you see is what you`ll get day 1.

and as AMD paid dice $8 million - it runs well on AMD hardware - you need cores for this not HT.

7. Stanley Tweedle

Stanley Tweedle NO VR NO PLAY

Same for me. Paying for unlocks feels like cheating and I never saw the point in cheating to progress in games.

I remember working very hard to get every Jet and Chopper unlock in BF3.

And how excited I was after I got my exploding crossbow bolts and how devastating it proved to be against vehicles.

I also haven't pre-ordered. I need to look into what I'm getting exactly for the money.

8. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

haha yeah, "FINAL" to EA standards lololol
    It looks and feels alpha to me, runs like ****, missing textures, texture popping, lag spikes, inconsistent FPS....

if 4 cores aint enough, then this game is dogsh!t.
    BF3 ran well on just 2 cores, the visuals have hardly changed...

This beta is more than likely running on a old build of the game anyway. This isn't unusual for devs to do this as it take time to prep beta's. So you are not beta testing on a final "gold" level development stage game. Betas are more for balancing than anything else.

9. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

I think all this optimizing for one manufacturer needs to stop.

I've never bought a game just because it says optimized for Nvidia.

I'm already in massive doubt as to whether I will buy BF4 or not but if it's not going to run properly on nvidia/intel hardware then I definitely won't be wasting my money.

10. Concrete-Coffin

Concrete-Coffin Minimodder

anybody getting esn plugin error after game just freezes

11. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

remember BF3 was made with PC as priority... BF4 isnt, its for next and current gen consoles.
    BF3 had a already relatively poshed level game at beta for PC.

BF4 this time round is unfortunately a port. PC is considered last this time :(

Also they is everything brown/gray? theres no colour in this at all

12. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

They did a pretty crap job with their eight million. It's better optimised for AMD cards, but still pretty awful compared to BF3.

If what we're getting now really is representative of the final game's quality then BF4 is about to die on it's feet. This is an old build, it does look a lot like the Alpha build from E3, I'm expecting stability at least to be much better come release like it was with BF3.

Please don't think me rude, but what planet are you on?

BF3's PC sales (and active users) are more than both consoles combined, PC players spent more money than both console's user bases combined and doubled. This stuff is available in EA's financials.

If you think the game is made for console you clearly haven't tried the console beta, take every issue with the PC version, multiply exponentially. PC is the lead platform.

13. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

+1

I've got two 670's and an i5-4670k and I've had to turn everything to low, just to a playable game. The lag I get is pretty epic.

Also, as someone else has mentioned, the color is a bit dull, but hey.

Had some awesome runs today with a few mates from levelbf. I was in the heli with a friend in gunner seat. Damn it's frustrating with the ammo cap on the heli but at least it gives the infantry some breathing space and they don't feel like the enemy heli is on them ALL THE TIME, which is what it felt like often on bf3 against a decent heli crew.

I'm getting the hang of the tanks more so, and am just learning that after two hits, I better get out, and get the rep tool out :naughty: Went 66-3 and 33-1 this afternoon. I still think the health meter is ridiculous that theres nothing more than a little icon in the hud, but hey.

A funny thought, they should rename this 'siege of roof campers'. There are SO many people who just take the transport heli and camp on the roofs all across the map. Of course, it's the recon class doing this. The PLD locks from all the way across the map, but at least there's a LOT of cover to run behind to either dodge the lock or make the missiles hit a building.

14. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

stick the new beta drivers in - I play fine on my single GTX 670 on auto (mix of ultra and high) with no lag.... 6 core X6 @ 80% all 6 cores and good solid fps. RAm laod is about 2GB and climbs a bit as well.

15. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

Will give that a try.

16. keir

keir S p i t F i r e

I got battle screen working just now.

17. droyden

droyden What's a Dremel?

Is that via the battlelog app?
    I also would never buy unlocks, half of the fun is doing the achievements and getting the rewards imo

18. Krazeh

Krazeh Minimodder

Why does everyone keep talking about buying unlocks? Have EA/Dice said anything about making people pay for battlepacks or unlocks?

19. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

Battlefield 4 Battlepacks can also be purchased on Origin and Battlelog, and be made available immediately without having to rank up. The Battlepacks include Battlefield 4 unlocks for both soldiers and vehicles.

Three so far Bronze-Silver-Gold, its extension to the kit/vehicle upgrade kits you could buy in BF3.

20. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Every unlock has been available to buy since Bad Company 2, it stands to reason they'll be purchasable in BF4.

Also, this EA we're dealing with, the company that has put parts of a UI behind a pay wall without so much as a hint of irony.

Also (again), the score total for the one Gold Battle pack in the beta is 620'000 points, if that's a hint at the points structure come release than the average player is clearly not meant to get a hold of these without paying. I've got 440hours in BF3 and at that points cost it's enough for 26 Battlepacks, which wouldn't seem to be enough to unlock everything right now.

We'll see come release day.