1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV Shows BBC Top Gear

Discussion in 'General' started by samkiller42, 13 Dec 2010.

1. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

just wish they where not all middle aged and old men (apart from one)... looking like topgear for grandads and denim sponsership

2. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

1) You won't know. The Stig is like that.
    2) For years, a lot of the high performance driving in Top Gear has been handled by Collins Autosport (i think that's what it's called). Even after Ben Collins got fired from his role as The Stig - at least according to Collins' book "How to Drive". My sense says that this will continue being the case.

Last edited: 15 Feb 2016
  3. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

Is it just me that thinks the latest controversy is a little ironic?

Unless I've misunderstood the Cenotaph is to commemorate those who gave their lives fighting for the freedoms we enjoy today, the sort of freedoms that allow people to do doughnuts, maybe I'm just being insensitive though and if so i apologise.

4. Yaka

Yaka Multimodder

Dunno wtf the fuss about, its good pr for the tourist industry.

5. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Looks like the papers have preemptively written off mew Top Gear as the enemy now. Does Jezza still write for the Sun?

6. Yaka

Yaka Multimodder

Yep he has the saturday colum, and does car reviews for the sunday times. Both part of news international

7. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

An excellent way to grab some headlines and telegraph new Top Gear's willingness to be (slightly) controversial. ;)

8. Porkins' Wingman

Porkins' Wingman Can't touch this

9. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

What I do not like is the hollow apology after the event when I suspect they and the BBC knew full well that it would not go down well.
    What I am waiting for now is the ubiquitous 'lessons will be learn' so beloved by bureaucracy in all it's forms these days.

10. meandmymouth

meandmymouth Multimodder

I agree and also have no idea what the big fuss is about.

11. fuus

fuus Misses Rep Bombs

Also clueless what the fuss is about, they drove a car down a street and did a donut in an empty space :confused:

Chris Evans' apology is anything but controversial

12. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

It wasn't like they were pulling doughnuts around the Cenotaph either. They were basically doing stuff on the street that has the Cenotaph on it, which meant it was in the background when shot from certain angles. Especially longs shots with lots of foreshortening, that happened to be the ones everyone saw... (see also in the tabloids recently: giant rat 4ft rat)

While I find that sort of Top Gear-y thing a bit tiresome in general, this "outrage" is clearly utter utter BS of the highest order and feels a lot like a fairly transparent coordinated attack purposefully cooked up by certain sections of the media and at least piggy backed on by some politicians with similar vested interests.

Hopefully the "no such thing as bad publicity" thing will play out and it will backfire on them.

Last edited: 14 Mar 2016
  13. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

What I find most amusing is that this will have been done on a closed road (I hope) which will have had to be organised through the local council and no one there has come under fire for issuing the permit. Someone had some fun in a public place. Oh the horror,
    [​IMG]

14. oasked

oasked Stuck in (better) mud

I agree with you all - a lot of hot air over nothing. Just some newspapers trying to sell copies...

Still, Clarkson must be chuckling to himself :)

15. Maki role

Maki role Dale you're on a roll... Lover of bit-tech

Speaking of which, turns out him and Hammond are in Morocco currently, likely filming a desert scene of sorts for their new show. My brother flew out there on Saturday after nabbing the deal of a lifetime. Since the hotel was almost entirely empty, they upgraded his room, low and behold his next door neighbour is Jezza.

16. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

Not only that but, Ken Block is an exceptionally skilled driver, not a clueless teenager showing-off in-front of his mates then crashing.

17. lancer778544

lancer778544 Multimodder

18. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

In order to compete with an upcoming Amazon Prime show about 3 middle-aged men messing about in cars, Netflix today announced that they have purchased an all-new BBC show about 7 assorted people messing about in cars.

Last edited: 13 Apr 2016
  19. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

It's now confirmed that Top Gear will return to our screens, May 29th on BBC 2 and BBC 2HD. After the show, will be an extra show on BBC3 or BBC iPlayer called 'Extra Gear'

BBC Top Gear.

Sam

20. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Already relegated to BBC2? Oh dear.

(Iirc old-gear used to get BBC1 action?)