1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bit-Tech Brexit Poll

Discussion in 'Serious' started by Pookie, 8 Jun 2016.

?

Should we be EU members?

1. In

74 vote(s)
    45.1%
  2. Out

75 vote(s)
    45.7%
  3. Shake it all about

15 vote(s)
    9.1%
  1. MadGinga

MadGinga oooh whats this do?

Can we add a fourth option? "Das Hokey Kokey"?

2. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

It's got shirts or tad written all over it.

3. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Man streckt die linke Arm ein, die linke Arm aus
    Ein, aus, ein, aus
    Man schütteln alles rund
    Man macht das Hokey-Kokey und man dreht sich herum
    Das ist die ganze Sache.

:D

4. jinq-sea

Ja. Das Hokey Cokey.

5. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

:D

I'd love to hear Pegida singing Das Hokey Cokey.

6. jinq-sea

Who's taking the p155 out of Kraftwerk? Certainly not me, and nor was Bill Bailey when he wrote that with Kevin Eldon, I can tell you for certain. Why so tetchy?

7. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

It's about par for the course - being offended on behalf of someone else, who probably wouldn't be offended in the first place. It's all the rage, don'tchaknow.

boiled_elephant likes this.
  8. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

I now have that song/video stuck in my head...

9. jinq-sea

You know what? This post has really made me angry. Why on earth would you think that this is MOCKING Kraftwerk? Everyone knows they are brilliant - Hütter and Schneider were pioneers - basically building the electronic music scene we know and love today (and of which I am an active part). Imitation is the greatest form of flattery, no? That Bill Bailey segment is an absolute marvel - I saw it live (and in fact spoke to him about it when I saw him in London one evening).

If anything, it was a tribute - so don't expect the worst of people. The default position on the internet isn't talking the piss out of things, certainly not in my case.

A little light-hearted musical banter? That's fine.

I'll go back to cleaning my Kraftwerk orignal pressings now, while you ignore this thread some more because you know you spoke out of turn.

Tell you what. Listen to this - it'll calm you down. Think of all the amazing analog synths that they developed and used whilst producing it:

10. Pookie

Pookie Illegitimi non carborundum

Dear All, can we try and keep the thread ontrack please? It's been derailed enough as it is :sigh: On a side note I have never heard of kraftwerk but I'll give them a listen :thumb:

Last edited: 15 Jun 2016
  11. jinq-sea

Who's the moderator here? :worried: ;)

Back OT - yes. BUT. NEVER HEARD OF KRAFTWERK? GO AND DO SOME HOMEWORK. You'd have no Daft Punk without them...

12. Pookie

Pookie Illegitimi non carborundum

Daft Punk? Never heard of them!

It would be good to hear some comments from the leave the EU camp, so far only the stay team has done any real commenting.

13. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

I don't know what to vote now! :D

I was firmly on leave, mainly just because David Cameron says remain. To be honest, I've probably not got any real facts about either side, just my opinion on what might happen/seems likely.

I don't think the EU works, some of the laws that I've seen proposed (mainly car based stuff) by the EU I really wouldn't want over here, yes we haven't got them yet, but how long till we're forced to have them?
    I know the EU has done some good, I know alot of the work on the Scilly isles was EU funded, and wildlife/conservation stuff that my sister is into is EU funded.

Part of my view is that the current government / political system here is so messed up and broken that leaving the EU is a kind of rebellion against the government.

I need a totally 100% unbiased list of the pros / cons of staying/leaving the EU to really decide I supposed, but I don't think I'd trust anything to be 100% unbiased.

Just solely based on what the consesus is on here my sway my vote to remain though, :D

14. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

We're British! We mock because we care!

15. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

Oh good lord. The sketch takes a band that has an austere and very intense performance style and applies a happy go lucky dance/song that children do/sing.A song that is also performed by drunk adults that are "having a laugh" at weddings and the like.

The application of juxtaposed themes within the same scenario is comedy 101. The fact that kraftwerk was used is incidental, they are just a medium for delivering juxtaposed themes. Such a comedic format could work in numerous scenarios such as playing the hokey cokey at a funeral. But Baileys shows are musically themed so Kraftwerk was a suitable choice.

Of course when a joke has to be painstakingly explained like that it loses all sense of humour. A bit like yourself really.

This is not how comedians take the piss out of people. When they are making fun of someone they are much more direct.

16. Nexxo

There is the reasoning error. A messed-up government causes problems which it subsequently attributes to the EU. The electorate then rebels against this messed-up government by voting to leave the EU that the government blamed its mistakes on, and effectively centralise more power with the same messed-up government it so disapproves of. :confused:

"We think you're a bunch of incompetents, so we're giving you more power. That'll show you!"

EDIT: and Bill Bailey's send-up of Kraftwerk (big fan, BTW) is an affectionate spoof.

Last edited: 15 Jun 2016
  17. David

The pro-Leave papers are claiming a collapse in support for Remain, yet everyone I've spoken to on the matters seems to have the impression that more people will vote to remain as time progresses.

Last gasp desperate move from the Leave campaign, or a grain of truth?

Whatchathink, peeps?

18. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

Part of me wonders if the pig fancier is secretly after us leaving the EU after all and knowing Joe public in the street hate him so much he has aligned himself with remain as a act of sabotage.

19. David

It may well be a reasoning error, but I believe you're overthinking it, Nexxo. It's simple emotion and not a rational decision - Pure dislike of Cameron and Osbourne, might be compelling people to vote against something those two are pushing so forcefully.

I will be voting to remain in Europe but, even so, a part of me actually feels dirty for agreeing with those two ******s on something.

Head vs heart, I suppose.

20. Nexxo

Anyone who watches Game of Thrones should know that politics makes strange bedfellows. :p