1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors Bit-Tech F1 2017 thread - Season Complete

Discussion in 'General' started by RedFlames, 27 Nov 2016.

1. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Yep, Hamilton got on the radio after his last stop and questioned why they put him on the soft and the team told him that it was the better one.

2. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

That's what pisses me off about him - the tyres are on the car and he can't do anything about it, so why even bring it up on the radio?

3. legoman

legoman breaker of things

He likely felt he should have been on different tyres hence the radio message

4. David

Yeah, I know that, but why say anything? It's not like he's going to pull back into the pits and change them again - he knows he has to finish the race on that set. He should have the professionalism to keep it to himself until the team debrief, if he honestly feels his team aren't enough competent to make the right call.

I like him as a racer, but it's little petulant outbursts like that that really puts me off him.

Last edited: 17 Apr 2017
  5. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

Most of the drivers seem to act the same way in my opinion, especially raikonen and Alonso at the moment.

It comes with the highly charged environment they are in it seems.

6. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

As Sky pointed out, were it not for Alonso's radio outbursts, McHonda would probably get 0 media attention during the race.

7. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

They just need to make their engines go up in a big cloud of smoke rather than expiring silently and the cameras will be on them:D

8. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

Eh? No it's not.

It's definitely a middle eastern thing more than indian. We certainly don't drink the stuff straight. it barely gets used in cooking, is NEVER drunk, is sometimes used as a fragrant (my great-granda had a spray bottle she used to freshen up clothing, linens, and such). I can only think of one common use for rose water in India and that's to make gulab jamun (a dessert dish). Or Rooh Afza syrup, but I don't know if that's rose water or some sort of direct extract.

And I'm north indian -- we have a lot of cultural influence from the middle east. Pretty sure south india doesn't even know what rose water is.

9. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Because if there's a plan or strategy it's a wee bit important that he's aware of it and what he has to do to make it work.

10. David

It was his final pit stop - there is no strategy except floor it and climb the order.

Last edited: 18 Apr 2017
  11. julianmartin

julianmartin resident cyborg.

No-one realistically drinks the stuff straight...! My comment was a half troll at Bahrain being Bahrain (they only traditionally use it to disguise the fecal matter in their water so there's a lot of irony in its placement there), but for the sake of the point, you're majorly wrong about Indian food not really using it. It's utterly fundamental to a proper Biryani, sweet Lassi and a load of different milk based desserts too, kheer, boondi payas, jalebis, some of the more fruity pulaos like kashmiri style. And then you have THANDAI! Like about as north indian/rajasthani as you can get and it's all over that ****. I'm sure there will be other stuff I'm not aware of but I've named a lot of classics there already. In fact, there isn't another culture in the world that cooks as much as Indians do with it.

/thread drift over

12. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

Execute order VBNO2

I reckon Bottas has 1-2 races left to prove he can match Hamilton over a race stint, then they are going to enact a clause in his contract to put him in Rubens/Massa mode - It might be something along the lines of "do what you need to put yourself between Lewis and Seb this season, and we'll give you another shot next year".

13. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

Bottas drive with Merc is dependant on finishing ahead of Vettel and failing that finishing ahead of Raikkonen. As long as he's mopping up what points he can he will be retained.
    Yes he's clearly already number 2 tho he has shown he's a team player, Merc will favourily consider that. Trouble is, if Lewis blows up he isn't guaranteed to pick up more points than some other drivers. The top is tighter this year and Hamilton and Vettel look exceptional. Problem is Bottas and even Raikkonen don't look better than Red Bull never mind their team mates.
    If Grosjean, Perez, Alonso, Hulkenberg or Sainz became available I doubt Bottas or Raikkonen would remain. Bottas was a last minute get what we can after all.
    Speaking of driver rumours, I saw an article suggesting Alonso to Renault next season. With Renaults potential and Hulkenberg showing what can be done, I wouldn't mind seeing that.

14. RedFlames

Bottas is only there at all because he's managed by Toto [imo].

...and because Alonso has burned that many bridges the resulting conflagration can be seen from space.

15. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Right now Bottas is doing wonders for Rosberg's reputation, although he'll probably get faster and closer to Lewis as the season progresses. I expect him to last at least one more season with Merc, especially if Lewis gets the all time pole record this year and decides to do something else.

I hope Raikonnen retires and Grosjean takes his place, he keeps getting that Haas to perform beyond the team's budget and experience.

16. rollo

rollo Modder

Think Merc are finally realising how good Lewis is, His race pace and quali consistency is crazy. Bottas is also showing us Nico was a lot better than we thought.

If Bottas accepts been num2 driver he may have a future as long as Merc wins both titles if not he will be pushed to one side for a quicker team m8 and Merc will beg Lewis to extend.

Personally think Lewis will walk to Ferrari with Vettel going over direction strained relationships on both sides of the fence.

17. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

18. fix-the-spade

Bye Bye Eff Eye.

19. RedFlames

20. fix-the-spade

I thought we had seen the last of this kind of injury in motor racing. Sadly not.