1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motherboards Bummed by an E-Tailer :(

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Thermal5, 10 Sep 2009.

1. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

Thermal, Spec has a point.

From my vast Retail background I can tell you that losing one customer or a few will not harm any large business in the long term. Yes they lose some reputation in our communities but not everyone is part of forums or have access to someone who knows about computers.

These businesses cater to the masses and they are quite willing to part with their cash anyway they see fit.

Maybe the points that you have described can have an affect on the much smaller businesses but overall the big companies don't really care too much, as there will be others who will give them more business.

2. Thermal5

Thermal5 R.I.P

Ok,

But the point i'm trying to make is a loss is a loss whether it be a big loss or a small loss, I mean let's say we go 2 years into the future and ebuyer are looking at going under (doubful but I'm just using it as an example) and all the business they will lose from quite a lot of members from this forum and potentially other forums who get wind of what's been going on could have saved the company but that won't actually happen now, it might sound far fetched but I think it's a valid point.

I mean no company wants to lose custom and if what you say is true then clearly ebuyer don't give a sh*t about the customers either way as like you said there will be others who will give them more business.

I have a question for you though, does it really mean they can do what they want and treat customers like sh*t because they f*cked up? I would have hoped not but now I know they really don't give a sh*t and I know for certain (and you may also know if you've read much of this thread?) that several members are willing to take legal action against ebuyer because of how shockingly they have handled this situation.

3. LeMaltor

LeMaltor >^_^

Shame on ebuyer.

4. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

Tis true what you are saying but, as this is a E-tailer there are many other laws passed that they have to abide to. If it was like PC world they can get away with blue murder if they felt like doing so.

As with taking legal action, I would do the same if i were in your shoes as clearly laws are being broken.

5. MrJay

MrJay You are always where you want to be

I’ve been using Ebuyer for about 4/5 years now, probably spent something close to £600 over that time.
    They have been a bit funny with there Stock control with me too.
    On several occasions I’ve had items that magically go 'out of stock' and I get an email saying my order has been candled and I have been refunded or they ship the rest of the order and offer me alternatives. In most cases small items such as syringes of TIM or a few 12CM fans, but on each occasion I have not been directly asked and pretty much TOLD I would get such and such replacement item. Luckily for me the items I did get actually cost more than the items I had ordered, with no extra cost charged to me.
    I think it was some nice Nocula fans instead of some cheep £5 OEM ones that I originally ordered, and some Arctic silver instead of some cheep unbranded thermal paste.
    Can probably dig out the emails if you need them to strengthen your case?

6. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

I've just got off the phone to trading standards. So far everything is in my favour according to the nice lady on the other end of the phone, She asked for me to forward the Order Acknowledgement and Payment Processed emails i recieved just to clarify everything.

She should be ringing me back by the end of the week, to check on the progress of my letter.

Thats about it for now, ill keep you all posted.

7. unknowngamer

unknowngamer here

I gave up on ebuyer years ago.

they screwed up 4 orders in a row.
    One of them was a £50 upgrade (sent me a bigger HD), so I'm not that fused, kept my gob shut.
    But thats not the point, they got it wrong and took ages to fix, so now 90% of my own kit goes through Scan.

For work I use Misco and Dabs, both have been great, my dabs guy and can be a bit flakey, seems to have alot of time off, but just go through the switchboard and get another rep, his loss.

8. Combinho

Combinho Ten kinds of awesome

On Saturday, I sent them this e-note.

Today I received a reply,

Hopefully this means it might be sorted out for others too. The bad news is that I'd already got an Asus P7P55D Pro from Scan, so I will be selling the board (if they do actually send it) for about £110 on the For Sale forums to try to recoup some of what I've lost by ordering another board. Hope everyone else gets this sorted out too. A big :thumb: finally for eBuyer in my case.

9. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

My god you got a reply that doesnt look automated!! print it get it framed, i wish mine had gone so easy :sigh: nevermind im sure ill get the same result just maybe take a little longer.

10. flibblesan

flibblesan Destroyer

I personally would have knocked it on the head and had the money refunded, rather than ending up with two motherboards. Theres no guarantee you'll sell that MSI board for £110 considering people know you've got it for £63. Or are you selling the ASUS board?

11. Combinho

I guess it might be the abuse, always gets the job done. Anywhoo, if a motherboard is already installed, do you still have a right to return it within ten days as detailed in another thread?

12. somak

somak Pin compatible

I just sent them a quick update email to let them know about my progress with Consumer Direct, and they've given me a similar reply

Glad they're finally doing right by us.
    Thanks guys, for all the help and advice.

13. M7ck

M7ck Ⓜod Ⓜaster

Great news guys, looks like the threat of legal action is working. Lets hope others who have been wronged by ebuyer see this and follow suit.

14. flibblesan

flibblesan Destroyer

As long as it's not damaged. Package it up like new and return it :)

15. flibblesan

flibblesan Destroyer

I suspect they know about this thread as Bindi twittered them, and they've finally decided to limit damage to reputation and honor the original orders.

16. Combinho

What I'm planning. Already sent them an e-mail. Quite irritating how it was resolved on the day the new mobo arrived.... ho-hum.

17. Rkiver

Rkiver Cybernetic Spine

I know for a fact I will never order with them, and since I tend to build pcs for people here quite often (last year spent about €9000 in total ordering parts for people) then it means I'll advise them the lot of them to avoid also.

Sure they may have eventually given in, but the fact legal action had to be done rather then them just saying "oops" and admitting means I don't trust them, and many others may not.

18. Invictus.

Invictus. Minimodder

I havent had anything to your extent but ive had returns nightmares with them at the moment, my Graphics card got sent to South wales when i now live in north wales (which is on their system) now getting that sorted with UPS to be delivered Thursday when im in the house.. and now with my motherboard they are trying to send me a discontinued item, Ive tried phoning since 6 to 7 when they "shut" but I'd get to the front of the Que on their and the system would loop saying 4 magical calls are now infront of me so im now really pissed hoping my Pc would be back thursday but i now cant contact them till thursday as i dont finish college till 5 and get home at near 6 :( my mum cant do it cause no offense but she wouldnt know what to ask for or get it wrong etc :(

19. flibblesan

flibblesan Destroyer

I tend to use local PC shops and Scan whenever I'm up North. It's terrible to think that they've only sorting this out because it was posted on the bit-tech forum. If it was happening to Joe Bloggs who doesn't use forums, would he have been helped in the same way? Probably not.

20. Combinho

Even more good news, scan have accepted the return of the other motherboard. Result, and a bigh thumbs up for Scan, who have overtaken ebuyer as my store of choice in future.:thumb: