1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics CES - Intel misleads audience with their new graphic solution as always (video)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by GoodBytes, 10 Jan 2012.

1. Mac_Trekkie

Mac_Trekkie Source Engine's #1 fan!

Bah what a horrible showing, they didn't even try! If you're gonna fake stuff, they could at least TRY to fake it properly, not just google "f1 2011 gameplay video" and play that. I mean I love Intel's CPU's, but this is just sad.

2. Siwini

Siwini What is 4+no.5?

You really think they stole the idea? Do you have any proof on that?

3. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Legally Intel has a large number of x86 related patents (just as AMD has for x86-64) and the connectivity for its own platform. It's under no obligation to continue licensing, just as Apple has no obligation to let you install OSX wherever you please. They made the research investment to own it in the first place, cross-licensing does the rest. Just as VIA can still make x86 chips but it cannot sell the license due to restrictions in its agreements.

4. Rustypouch

Rustypouch What's a Dremel?

I believe Intel gave Nvidia a rather large some of money (1.5 Billion US$) to Nvidia as some sort of settlement fee, and as part of the agreement, Intel could use some of the Nvidia technology's in its chipsets. Wouldn't exactly call it stealing myself. Nvidia also got access to some of Intels technology's and a huge wad of cash, in instalments over the next 5 or 6 years. This all happened this time last year iirc.

5. Slizza

Slizza beautiful to demons

In contrast AMD had a nice solution on show.

6. Deders

Deders Modder

I do like how AMD's solutions keep multiple things going at once without them interfering with each other, but it does leave me wondering what exactly is 2nd generation DX11 graphics? Do they mean the few games that a few DX11 features weren't an afterthought?

7. Slizza

Slizza beautiful to demons

I was wondering the same thing.
    I am also impressed by this demo, it seems to be a "quad core" improved bulldozer chip with a HD 7*** series GPU slapped on.
    Sounds awesome for light gaming laptops.

8. Deders

Deders Modder

From what i can gather, everything that refers to 2nd generation DX11 graphics in AMD's camp is the 6xxx series instead of the 5xxx, so basically slightly more optimised, with better tessellation performance.

I expect the CPU is bulldozer as it was how they were demonstrating it quite a while ago so it could be expected to loosely be the equivalent of a quad core in terms of performance.

Either the demonstrator doesn't completely understand what he's showing us, or he's translating it to people who haven't been following the development like most of us.