1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peripherals Cheap flash drives from China for installing Windows?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by David164v8, 1 Jan 2013.

1. Edwards

Edwards Minimodder

+1 for the transcend drive, I've got that and the Corsair flash voyager (won it at the bit-tech pub quiz), and the Transcend seems to be better as the Corsiar has failed and won't work any more.

2. David164v8

David164v8 Minimodder

The Transcend 350 apparently has a read speed of 15 MB/s and a write speed of 7 MB/s. Not sure if that's decent, but I really wouldn't mind waiting even if it took a few hours.

3. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

These speed are horrible. Get something with at least ~25MB/s read and ~25MB/s write.
    For example, the Patriot Rage XT. It's only a few bucks. Yes it's more than what you are looking for in term of price... but it's only a few bucks more (at least in Canada).

4. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Based on a post further up I've grabbed a Transcend 700 16GB for £9, I've needed a new flash drive for a while and a Crystalmark shot of it pulling 65+MB/s was enough to convince me. :D

5. David164v8

David164v8 Minimodder

Oh well, too late now :) As long as it can install Windows, I'm not too worried.

6. Xir

Xir Modder

That may work for new ones, but somewhere, all the old, unloved ones must go :D