1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rant Chelsea fans boo'ed/sang through the minute's silence!?

Discussion in 'General' started by numanoid, 16 Apr 2012.

1. Pieface

Pieface Modder

You don't like listening really, do you? I said I just hope you're not. I know respect quite well. I know how to show respect during a debate by typing properly for one thing.

2. thefriscokid

thefriscokid why s**t so crazy?

Those CFC 'fans' singing murders etc are idiots and don't deserve to be called fans tbh.

3. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Seems a simple topic has turned into an argument.

I think it would be better if everyone left it as it is and stop trying to provoke it more.

4. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

These mawkish minutes of silence need to be done away with, along with national anthems before internationals. They're more trouble than they're worth.

5. numanoid

numanoid Modder

I apologise matey..im just so wound up, i think im reading bits and sort of throwing words together...im sorry if i have offended anyone, i know everyone has an opinion...im typing without thinking..
    truly sorry everyone

Tribble likes this.
  6. lysaer

lysaer Suck my unit! Kirk lazarus (2008)

I'm a Chelsea fan and I think what the supported did was unacceptable.

But with regards to the hillsborough incident, blaming on police is a total cop out. Are people so unable to control themselves that we need police to treat us like cattle ?

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

7. Landy_Ed

Landy_Ed Combat Novice

I have to quote the Daily Mash for that...different set of teams but the assertion applies..."You've seen the football. No-one is coming here for the football."

8. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

If I was at a football match then I would observe the minutes silence, I would observe it elsewhere for Hillsborough.

I feel the same way about poppies, I wear them for the veterans of the two world wars. Once there are no more survivors I will stop.

9. Porkins' Wingman

Porkins' Wingman Can't touch this

What I find amazing is this: I have followed football ardently since the age of 6 (so just a year or two too young to have actually learnt about the Heysel Disaster when it happened) and never until I wikipedia'd it today had I ever heard what it was about. I knew it involved the collapse of something with people dying, but that was all. So to learn that it was actually caused by rampaging Liverpool fans and that 14 fans actually served time for manslaughter is quite an eye-opener. It's pretty shocking how something like that has almost been swept under the carpet by the British media to the extent where those facts had escaped me.

I wouldn't tarnish a set of supporters with that reputation, but the fact it was Liverpool fans again involved in a crush at Hillsborough is quite an unsavoury coincidence. Next time I hear a Liverpool fan bleating about Hillsborough I will silently think of Heysel and walk away.