PROJECT : GHETTO ART by AnG3L ------------------------------------------- Hello there my friends again, its time for a quick new project for the Campus Party 2011 which is going to take place in Granada in October 12 -16. As the name says this is going to be a mod made by "cheap" materials that I already have at home, no cnc or laser machines only dremel and drill ! This is a scratch HTPC build which is going to be made out of wood mostly and it will be a big candle stand so it will fit nicely next to the TV furniture. This mod is going to have influences from the modern-classic art with colors like gold, silver and (maybe) royal oak. Dont expect anything high tech and fancy this is going to be a simple, functional and nice mod, made out of simple materials and methods. So lets move to the real deal now! First I chopped a case I had laying around here to take the mobo tray along with the i/o port, some power and restart cables etc. I also found some Lian Li bays and I decided to use them too! I left those pieces as they were (no filing) and I moved on with the main chassis work which as I told before if going to be made out of wood. I had a big piece of already varnished wood which was a part of a desk I made back in the days! I calculated the exact dimensions, marked the wood and start cutting. Sander in use to soften the sides. And a trick to make my life ....a lot easier lolz Time to open the holes for the front fan and the PSU ventilation! Paint remover to remove most of the varnish . I also did the two remaining circles as I am planning to use them as feet but will see later on the process! Marking and drilling the holes for the screws which is going to attach the pieces together. Assembling the pieces together. The screws are NOT going to be visible later on. Then by using a grinding wheel I carved the edges to give a different look on the mod. This is a technique I use on the pieces of wood which I use for the Byzantine paintings. Later I removed most of the paint from the old case side panels in order to use the steel for the back plate and also for some custom fan grills. Drawing, cutting, filing process. The fan grills are not going to have an industrial look but instead an old classic modern feeling on them. I marked and drilled some holes on the backplate. This part will be the only removable part along with the top. Most of the parts will be attached on it so when you remove it you are going to have access to the components. I filled the holes with isopon prior to adding some layers of wood with various designs on top of the chassis. And here I am drawing on a thin layer of marine plywood to cut it and attach it later on the front part of the candle stand. Thats all for now guys, I will be updating as soon as I have some progress. Thanks for reading my worklog!! Peace!