1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Contacting Middlesex clinic in London, UK

Discussion in 'General' started by Elledan, 28 Jan 2011.

1. Elledan

Elledan What's a Dremel?

Thanks! :)

First of all I guess is the question of how I should contact them, since their listed email addresses are apparently dead (one bounces at least). Secondly, maybe they have some kind of general and up to date information for me on how to proceed from here? I'm not sure, I'll be glad just to be in contact.

Finally it would be nice to know what kind of waiting queues they have, and I guess it might be comforting for them to know that my insurance company is backing me, though they do need to know some detailed information before they can give the go-ahead.

Anything I missed? :) I can give you my email address & phone number via PM if you think that'd help. Maybe mentioning my personal website might be useful too.

2. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Multimodder

Hey,

I just got through to someone who really couldn't help. on the following number (020 7380 9411) maybe I was asking the wrong questions. If the all knowing Nexxo is looking that number works.

They said the easiest way for you to be seen would be via a referal from a UK based doctor (which I'm guessing you don't have).

In my lunch break I'll try get something wrote down using your site and this thread and fire an email (ogechi.anodu@uclh.nhs.uk) across to the address on the link you provided.

See where that get's us.

3. Elledan

Elledan What's a Dremel?

I tried mailing that person already, but didn't receive a response... I also had email contact earlier with Kate Fernandes regarding my inability to contact Sarah Creighton:
    All this isn't doing much good for my emotional stability. It's hard to keep up hope and the desire to live if you keep getting kicked down like this at every point :(

I don't have a UK doctor who could refer me. At this point I really don't care what their regulations tell them I should do. I just want to get help! *cries*

4. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Its really horrible to read this so i can't understand what your going through and i wish there was someway i could help

I understand none of us can relate to the dissapointment and upset all this has put you through,But i have to stress! ultimately that Euthanasia should never be there as an option it should'nt be there as a last resort blot it out and never think that deep again.

Keep your head held high and fight on, These knock backs are only a minor problem in the whole scheme of things when you finally get the opening you have been searching for.

Never think negative because its getting you knowhere, Positives thats all you should be thinking its only going to be a matter of time if you keep at it don't give up, let the positives outway the negatives and try your best to be happy until the time comes you get the break you have been looking for.

Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.

If there is anyway i could help please pm me i'll be more than happy!

-DP

5. Cookie Monster

pm me the email address you sent the email from, I have a feeling I spoke to that person on the phone. I'll ring them back and try find out why you didnt get a reply.

6. Elledan

Elledan What's a Dremel?

Which is fine if the problem is temporary. The issue I'm dealing with started before I was even born and there's no expectation at this point that it'll ever be resolved. That's what I'm trying to change here, and that's why I'm getting so frustrated...

PM sent.

7. Cookie Monster

I emailed the address asking if this was the right point of contact and I got the following reply.

As you can see, it was a very long reply, I have now replied asking who I am best contacting.

8. Elledan

Elledan What's a Dremel?

Well, it's more than I got back at least :)

9. Elledan

Elledan What's a Dremel?

Alright, another fun task, getting the contact info on the lead author of the following article, or some useful contact info at all:

10. Cookie Monster

Woop, I've been looking for a list of UK based people you could get in contact with tonight with no luck.

I have a doctors appointment on Wed though to see the results of my blood test, I plan on asking who I could get in touch with.

11. Elledan

Elledan What's a Dremel?

Thank you, Cookie Monster :)

12. Elledan

Elledan What's a Dremel?

Woke up this morning with very strong suicidal thoughts and urges. I'm feeling absolutely disgusted with how uncaring doctors everywhere are, as well as the people at intersexuality organizations who are supposed to be the most understanding. Why do I even bother trying?

13. Tibby

Tibby Back Once Again

Because you are a fighter and have hope, and believe in yourself and what you are capable of.

It's hard to keep on fighting when things seem to not be getting any easier, but by keeping on fighting you are showing that you truly believe in yourself and love yourself (in a good way not an egotistical way!).

It's the trials we go through as people, and the successes attributed with them as well as the lessons learnt from failures, that help to define us and make us stronger.

Don't ever forget that, and don't give up! I know it's hard especially being out of country, but keep up with the e-mails as it's a cheaper method of contact, and people here are genuinely trying to help out and call these clinics on your behalf, so don't let them down either!

14. Elledan

Elledan What's a Dremel?

Yeah, I'm very grateful that people here are actually calling on my behalf. I wouldn't know what I would have done otherwise :)

The hardest part at the moment is trying to ignore this pain and sensation of near-panic I feel inside every waking moment. It's like having a bad tooth which just keeps hurting and hurting until it drives you absolutely crazy. I really need to discharge all this built-up tension, but there's no relief.

15. Tibby

Tibby Back Once Again

Take up an athletic hobby! I did Thai Boxing for 4 years and it was awesome at getting rid of stress. That and Computer Games seem to be a winner!

But other than that, just keep the faith. We all have to go through tough times, you just have to believe that the solution is out there and keep on fighting.

16. Elledan

Elledan What's a Dremel?

I'd first have to start earning money to be able to afford such a hobby :) Maybe I should start taking up drinking, should be pretty cheap :p

Hopefully someone on these forums or any of the other people I have been harassing can provide me with a solution. Would be nice...

17. Cookie Monster

I just checked my email and no reply from the usless manager I replied to yesterday.

I'll ask my doctor tomorrow when I go.

18. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

During a spare five minutes I managed to get contact details for Miss Sarah Creighton's private clinic:

Tel: 020 7390 8201
    email (private medical secretary): stephanieharris@btconnect.com

You can email a letter explaining your situation to her. The consultation would be private. Further treatment services often occur on the NHS but I have explained that you are a privately insured Dutch national and she could treat you on that basis.

Be realistic in your expectations. From what I have read of your previous posts, if you turn out to have a rudimentary vagina, they cannot simply fashion you some ***** because a rudimentary vagina is not capable of receiving penetration in a meaningful way. Conventional sex realignment surgery involves sacrificing the penis as the outer skin is inverted to become the inner ***** and vaginal tract. Even with a rudimentary vagina you would probably need this. Then again, I'm not the expert; see what they can offer you.

19. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

I find just find listening to music a good stress relief, make sure your not going to be disturbed find a cd or mp3 you really like maybe get a pair of headphones to really go into your own world... sounds weird but its what i do

If its bad (bad day alot of stress/frustration) and i feel i might hurt someone by just flipping out on them i'll shut myself in my room listen to post-hardcore/any other metal and go to town on a punchbag

Im not an aggressive person and its only been a few occasions i've needed to do that but when life just gets on top of you its sometimes good to let it out on something other than possibly a loved one or even yourself for that matter

20. Elledan

Elledan What's a Dremel?

@Cookie Monster - thank you, I'll be waiting then :)

@Nexxo - I just sent an email. Thank you for calling :)

In terms of possible surgery options I do not have any expectations. At this point it's purely about knowing what is going on with my body, getting an official diagnosis and the recognition which comes with it. Just to be recognized officially as being intersexual would help a lot already, since at this point I feel like nobody believes me, even though it has a gigantic impact on my life.