1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Corsair Graphite 490T bullet - update: 150811 - Final Pics before Gamescom

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by thechoozen, 1 Mar 2011.

1. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

wow this looks awesome, suprised corsiar havent contacted you to put this mini case into production :naughty:

2. Jack_Pepsi

Jack_Pepsi Clan BeeR Founder

It's Bullet Bill!

:clap:

3. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

Can't believe I missed this (thank the MOTM page for bringing it up). Looks fantastic.

4. thechoozen

thechoozen Minimodder

Thanks a lot m8´s!!!

And also a big thank you to Bit-tech.net for the nominee for the motm!!! :clap::clap::clap:

hehehe, we really like bullet bill for decades now and we always wanted to airbrush it on something...but always waited for the right time and right case...:D

In the last days we made a lot of other things (like working on our Weighted Companion Cube)
    so we didn´t made that much progress on this mod.....

But what we could handle was to assemble the hardware and change the mainboard for another one which matches our color scheme much more (another reason was that we already assembled the Gigabyte Mainboard in our Wall-E Project :D)
    Beside the Mainboard we also changed the RAM for another pair with color matching heatspreaders.....

We also finished the work on the Reservoir and mounted it together with all other components for a first test so that we could see where we´re going to make the next changes....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. geebles

geebles Own's a Dremel

I love the original case, but what you're doing to is really good :) That orange (Sunburst Orange??) is such a striking colour, where did you get it from?

6. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

Awesome, this continues to get better!

7. thechoozen

thechoozen Minimodder

thanks a lot my friends :thumb:

Oh yeah, we also love the orange colour! Originally its an laquer from the automotive industries its called "electric orange" and is used on the Ford Focus RS for example :D

Today we changed a few details....

first we changed the color of the Graphic Card Cooler from grey to orange....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

then we changed those orange watercooling tubes for black hoses which we will finally use...
    [​IMG]

We also added one of the new Coolermaster Fans to the Backside of the Case, the dome of it is already painted in orange as a small detail....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. KidMod-Southpaw

The cooler and the fan look fantastic! Please, don't paint bullet bill on the side of the case, it'll ruin the entire look :(

9. Tna

Tna Moda'a'foca modding power!

ooh great, you cutted that case in 2 pieces xD and it looks amazing, keep going

10. thechoozen

thechoozen Minimodder

thx!!

In the last days we finished the painting process of the midplate and putted everything together for the next tests....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

then we made a first test how bright the LEDs are, which we already integrated (just to see if we need more)
    [​IMG]

and we decided that we´re going to change the color of the Fan frame which we use on the Backside of the Case
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Waynio likes this.
  11. bulldogjeff

bulldogjeff The modding head is firmly back on.

Wow, I seem to have missed this build some how. This is looking seriously sweet, there's a lot of work gone in to it. top modding dude.

12. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Love the mini bullet on the psu cover :D:rock: the case shrinking & all the fabrication & paint work is gorgeous, those fans are looking excellent +rep :D.

13. KidMod-Southpaw

I agree, the fan looks great! Again, PLEASE don't paint bullet bill on the side, it looks so sophisticated and I think that would ruin it.

14. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Character is always many many many many leagues above sophistication in my eyes :thumb: the Mario bullet rocks & adds a nice fond memorys of fun challenging gaming touch to an awesome mod & it looks so in place & very nicely painted on as a nice extra detail :D:rock:.

I think any modder would like this & anyone who ever enjoyed playing the games would like it too :) something about some games that just scream fun times :D which is part of why nintendo done so well, maybe if he was going a bit overkill with the bullet I'd agree but it's just right, these guys are mod masters, I'm blown away by how many quality mods they have done & always working on who knows how many per year lol so yeah they have it down to a fine art & I salute :clap:.

I like what your doing mates, seems very near complete :) keep it up :thumb:.

15. thechoozen

thechoozen Minimodder

Today we have an update :D

But before i start i want to send a big Thank You to Corsair for their Support!!! :rock:
    Because yesterday a nice packet arrives with our PSU inside :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and off course we put it inside the case directly...

[​IMG]

and we put in the most of the cables which we will later use....(to see where we have to route them)
    and we also changed the color of the Watercooling Block mounting bracket to a matching orange color tone...
    [​IMG]

16. KidMod-Southpaw

Looks much much better with more orange now, the balance is right, great work!

17. Watchtown

Watchtown What's a Dremel?

love the lambo-colors?.. and the shape looks as kid paw mentioned sophisticated +1

Voting this month will be hard :p

18. TeenGeek

TeenGeek Worst touch typing ever.

hehe... shiny... i love shiney!!!

19. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

So corsair was as impressed with this mod as we all are :D:clap:.

20. Stem83

Stem83 Addicted to modding.

Also unsure of the bullet bill look but will see when its finished, All round though looks stunning