1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Crysis 2 Xbox 360 Preview

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 19 Nov 2010.

1. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

Just let us know how much to spend on a new graphics card when it comes out ;)

2. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

I hope they haven't designed this purely around console so the PC version will be extremely dumbed down. Happened with CoD, I can see it happening here. Makes the PC versions like shooting birds in a cage. Auto aim pffft.

3. mjm25

mjm25 What's a Dremel?

4. lacuna

lacuna Minimodder

I see all the PC whingers are spouting the usual crap. I had the original on PC but this one will be on PS3 (If I bother)

5. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

why may i ask?

you get worse controls, for crappier graphics and tiny resolution. just look at screenshot highlighted by mjm.

6. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

7. p3n

p3n What's a Dremel?

(which is now five years old and still aging) (and black)

8. mastorofpuppetz

mastorofpuppetz What's a Dremel?

Im not a fan of CRYTEK's arrogant "Best looking game on all platforms". it looks not near as good as Uncharted 2, God of War 3, or even killzone, its looks poor on console, compared to other console games. it is obvious crytek is full of it and themselves. i have little in this game at this point.

9. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

I guess the crappy graphics goes to show that it is optimized for PC.

10. Zurechial

Zurechial Elitist

Thanks, I was worried for a while that I wouldn't get your blessing and acknowledgement.

11. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

As I mentioned earlier that last screenshot doesn't "sit" with the others used in this preview (it looks alot worse).

Whilst I do prefer to play FPS games on a pc the controls themselves will be subjective to what the user prefers.

12. mrbens

mrbens What's a Dremel?

The 2 screenshots on the first page look like press release touched up promo shots, while the last pic on page 2 (and maybe the one above it) are probably actual Xbox screenshots. Could bit-tech please confirm as you didn't caption the pics on this article?

I'm still looking forward to playing this despite it also being converted to the consoles.

13. Showerhead

Showerhead What's a Dremel?

I hope it looks better on pc i don't even think it's the best 360 game i've seen. Have they preserved the multiple approaches you could take to each "set piece" (until the aliens arrive) or is this now just an on rails shooter.

14. tristanperry

tristanperry Minimodder

If the PC version truly is console graphics, poor controls and pretty much only alien gameplay, I'm not sure that I'd buy Crysis 2. *Shrugs*

This. Would like confirmation too. The first 2 pics were nice. But that last pic looked very poor.

15. Yslen

Yslen Lord of the Twenty-Seventh Circle

Also the first two are 1080p whereas the last one is only 720p, which seems more likely to be the resolution the 360 will be running this game at.

16. lacuna

lacuna Minimodder

Im not fussed about graphics and the resolution would be that of my tv, since both my pc and ps3 are connected to it. I choose games for the gameplay and story (which is why its debateable as to whether I will buy Crysis 2 after the original game). The controls for an FPS are, of course, not as good with a controller but I have adapted to it. RTS games are the only ones that I would still avoid if a controller was the only input method. The convenience of console gaming has won me over; I can be in game within 1 minute of picking up the controller and switch off even faster. There are also no worries of incompatibility or poor performance.

I can't see me ever buying a PC with gaming in mind again, its just too much expense. I find it quite difficult to justify spending hundreds of pounds on a new PC when my current one (3.4ghz P4/7950GT) can do everything perfectly well except play current games, and my PS3 can play every current game.

17. Deadpool46

Deadpool46 What's a Dremel?

As far as I'm aware that last pic is taken from the Cryengine 3 trailer (and was really early on development wise).

Here's some Xbox beta footage which looks far more along than that last pic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=galgKO4tCog

18. Fabou

Fabou What's a Dremel?

On again console is reducing game control by forcing develloper to diminish game graphic abiilities and gameplay to addapt to crappy console graphic and gamepad.

19. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

This. Would like confirmation too. The first 2 pics were nice. But that last pic looked very poor.[/QUOTE]

The first three screenshots were taken from the official press site. The last one was left on my hard drive from my last preview, and I'm unable to trace it back beyond that.

I will say, however, that the PC version I've played looked closer to the first three shots. The console version was closer to the last.

20. B33 ENN

B33 ENN Lock'n'Load

I'm a PC gamer but even I'm surprised at the console bashing going on here. First everyone complained when the original games wouldn't run as expected on that generations PC's, laying into CryTek for designing games that couldn't be played until a future generation of hardware.

Now people are complaining because they have tried to design a game that will run across the most platforms and give people a chance to get the gaming experience intended? As for the preview, I'm not seeing any consistency here with the older Crysis articles. I'll wait for other sites to look this game over before casting judgement.

Tags: Add Tags