1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi Crysis then...

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Hex, 13 Apr 2020.

1. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

I had the same setup when I first got the game, although I remember reading that SLI 8800 GTX rigs were barely sufficient and begrudgingly accepted that it was going to be a long time before I had a PC that could play it comfortably.

For years, Crysis was reinstalled every time I bought a new GPU.

Vault-Tec, damien c and The_Crapman like this.
  2. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

I didn't play crysis till a few years ago, think i had a 670 at the time so could turn the graphics up. Was as good looking as anything out at the time. Probably still is. Just gone back to playing Mafia 2, as soon as that first mission kicked off all the memories came flooding back, mostly of how it absolutely crippled my 2 7900GTOs and I had to crank the settings down and disable SLI. Can only imagine Crysis would have melted them :hehe:

3. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

It still looks good.

4. David

OK, I know I'm not the only one, but I have an urge to reinstall Crysis.

Problem is, I own a physical copy (on disc) and I don't want to trot out my portable bluray drive every time I fancy a quick blast. Can you download an ISO from somewhere and just apply your key? I'm fairly sure you can't just activate your retail key on Steam or Origin or whatever.

Let me be clear - I'm not looking for some shady virus-ridden ISO from somewhere - I'm wondering if there is an official option?

5. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Not that I know of, but Steam and Origin seem to have it on sale for £3 quite often.

6. David

Oh well, I'll just have to put up with the optical drive whirring away in the background.

7. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

If you do reinstall it just be aware it can be a pain to get running.

***Edit***

So to get Crysis working on Windows 10, I had to install Crysis Warhead as well and then do the following but I don't know what you will need to do if you don't have Warhead.

This is only if you click to play it and it start's to load and then kicks you back to desktop after a black screen.

If it loads not problem but won't load the first mission skip to step 8.

1: Delete/Move the "Bin32" folder out of the main Warhead install folder.
    2: Go in to the "Bin64" folder and delete the "Crysis" launcher
    3: Rename the "Crysis64" launcher to "Crysis"
    4: Rename the "Bin64" folder in the Warhead install folder to "Bin32"
    5: Copy the new "Bin32" folder in to the main Crysis folder and replace all files within the "Bin32" folder
    6: Launch game and set the settings to how you want them resolution etc, and I think it was mentioned in here or somewhere else but, if you cannot see your resolution since it will show over 1680x1050 or whatever it is, just click on the "Right Side" and pull your mouse down there is a scroll bar that is not easy to see.
    7: Click to "Single Player" and then "New Game"
    8: After either skipping the intro movie or watching it you need to open the console and type the following without the quotes, then once it loads just get to the first "Quick Save" point and you then won't need to type it anymore.
    "Con_Restricted 0"
    "Map Island"

Sit back play and look at the pretty trees :jawdrop:

If you buy it on Steam then you don't need any of the patches I believe, but if you do need them then I am not sure where to get them now to be honest, I did have them but I seem to have deleted them :wallbash:

Last edited: 25 May 2020
  8. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

If you can find an ISO that has not been messed with, then yes all you need to do is download the iso and then apply your key but you would still need to have the disc in the drive I believe unless you get the patches and a no-cd crack.

Also I in the past, got in touch with Origin and explained that my disc had been damaged and I wanted to play the game and they ask for my key and checked it was legit and then added it to my Origin account so I could download the game through there and then I just entered my key.

9. David

I've just installed it and played about 30 minutes. Installation was a bit slow, but it worked without issue.

10. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

The premier of the remastered trailer is on July 1st, 17:00

Sam

11. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Gameplay trailer apparently ! very exciting stuff !

12. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

Microsoft store has dropped the balls and accidentally leaked the release date as July 23rd

13. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

oh dear, looks like they ported the 360 version.

14. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

I'm guessing because that looks to be just some random guys attempt at a HDR update of the original?

Nothing listed on the official Crysis channel as yet.

15. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Release date pushed back by several weeks.

Apparently the dev machines couldn't run Crysis.

16. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

A bit more serious than that apparently. Tech sites report that people are finding the remaster a bit underwhelming. Indeed, from what I can see, all they've done is taken the original Crysis and turned the contrast and sharpness up. Which is a shame, because one of the reasons I liked the original Crysis is that the colours were more natural.

It'd be nice to see evidence of the new raytracing as well. So far, I'm not impressed and don't see any real need to chose it over the original. Other than FINALLY fixing the ****ing 24fps over HDMI issue.

17. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Not convinced this is anything other than an .ini tweak...

18. Spraduke

Spraduke Lurker

Definetly prefer the look of the original, I will take hi res textures over fancy lighting any day of the week.

19. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

So it looks like the rumours that they used the 360 version and not the original are true.

I'm sur eDigital Foundry will go over what has/hasn't changed in minute detail.

20. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Only skimmed the video but to me the remaster looks worse??

Tags: