1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi Destiny 2

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Hex, 23 Mar 2017.

1. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

I am so jealous! :)

Also, I really want to say thanks to you guys. It's really nice to see a thread about Destiny 2 that isn't full of hate. The Destiny-hate bandwagon has always frustrated me. If you don't like a game, don't Google it to jump into all threads/streams/discussions to tell everyone you hate it! So this thread makes me really happy that we're being allowed to be excited <3

I have probably really jinxed it now...

2. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

My Twitter timeline is a mixture of people genuinely excited and other people raging on it so hard it almost hurts to read it.

Sadly it's become the norm to jump on the 'lets hate a game, probably for little or no reason' bandwagon these days.

3. Lankius Maximus

Lankius Maximus Minimodder

Can't wait for it myself. Interested to see if my progress on the ps4 (what limited they area bringing forward to 2) will transfer over to the PC (if even possible).

4. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Nothing is transferring over other than I think you might get a emblem to signify you played during Years 1-3 on the PS4 or Xbox One but I believe that only happens for those who buy Destiny 2 on the consoles and not the pc.

I am pretty sure I heard something about that on one of the Age Of Triumphs livestreams.

5. Hex

They said characters and some cosmetics (Emblems were mentioned) will carry over, but nobody knows if that will just stay on one platform. I think it would be great if we could have cross-saves. Cross-play isn't going to happen, but cross-saves would be bloody marvellous!

If you watch the trailer it shows our Vaults are gone. Cayde-6 even says "all my stuff is gone, all your stuff is gone".

Last edited: 3 Apr 2017
  6. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

"But mainly my stuff....!"

:D

Hex likes this.
  7. Hex

8. mrMonkeyChunks

mrMonkeyChunks EVGA Cheesecake

That's such an annoying time for it to go live, I'll be travelling back from work.

Hopefully it will all be achieved on twitch though.

Wonder if they will be showing off new power sets, or it running on PC?

9. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

I was tempted to go and watch this at the Odeon in Manchester but decided I would rather watch it at home to avoid, all the people screaming.

Apparently they are going to be showing the game on both the pc and ps4 with talks of what pc specific features are being implemented.

I am looking forward to it but I am also worried but hopefully they have kept alot of what made me like Destiny in the first place.

10. Hex

Bungie typically archive all their streams as VoDs on Twitch so they should be there for a few months. They also edit them or just plain export them to YouTube too.

They invited so many people to the event which was really nice to see. A lot of people couldn't make it to California though :(

11. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Gameplay reveal starts in around 20 mins and there is currently over 175K people watching a countdown timer and random little interviews.

12. Hex

Just seen an article stating that the PC version will not launch at the same time as on consoles. Unsure how long the delay will be. This makes me sad :( I've just spent about 3 months convincing my friend to get it on PC and not PS4 so we can play together and now this...

13. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

That is annoying. They made no mention at all of that in the reveal. The only date even mentioned was the massive Sept 8th appearing below the 2 sign.

I really enjoyed the reveal though. It looks like there will be a lot more content this time around (compared to D1 vanilla).

14. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

It makes me sad too; I was really looking forward to it coming out on PC AT THE SAME TIME.

15. mrMonkeyChunks

mrMonkeyChunks EVGA Cheesecake

Slightly concerning that all the retailers would still be listing it for release on 08/09 if that turns out to be the case. I understand that it was playable on PC at the event though, so hopefully it is in a somewhat comparable state of development.

Still no bews on cross platform transfers though?

16. daveypro

daveypro Minimodder

watched destiny 2 gameplay and was a bit meh

read about the changes and i was "shut up and take my money"

NO MORE FCUKING ORBIT!!!!!

17. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

My biggest issue with Destiny 2 PC is it's an exclusive to Blizzards Battle.net platform, So No Steam, and very unlikely to see cross play or Xbox Play Anywhere.

Sam

18. Hex

If it isn't on Steam, I guess Bnet, sorry, Blizzard (cos it's not confusing like that at all) is one of the least worst options. Although, I have to set it to close after launching games because it tanks my FPS in Overwatch so hard having the launcher open.

Play Anywhere was always very unlikely as Blizzard-Activision are heavily in bed with Sony. Remember the first Destiny wasn't even able to be advertised as being on Xbox at all! Most people assumed it was a platform exclusive.

I've seen rumours that there will be cross-saves between PS4 and PC apparently, that hasn't been enabled on Xbox "yet". So hopefully it will be on all platforms. Which is great actually. If you look at all the content creators playing Destiny, they play on multiple platforms. One of the most annoying things is having to level up on each every time you switch.

As for the delay on PC, it seems like there might be a delay, there might not. They're being very cagey about it. I'm hoping there won't be. But it does seem like maybe the plan to go with Blizzard was a late one, hence why there was no indication of it at the original website launch or on preorder posters, etc. It puts doubt on when PC will get the beta too, as that's really not that far away now...

Last edited: 19 May 2017
  19. daveypro

daveypro Minimodder

and i noticed the small print saying PS4 exclusives until Fall 2018 i mean autumn of course.

20. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Well if you have played the first Destiny game, then forget about the PS4 exclusives because most of them will not see the light of day on Xbox or PC before Destiny 3 comes out.

There was exclusive items that went to the PS4 with the original launch of Destiny, then The Dark Below and House Of Wolves DLC, which finally made it to the Xbox when The Taken King or Rise Of Iron DLC came out, but everything that was added as an exclusive with The Taken King won't make to the Xbox till somewhere in between Januaury to September 2018.

The exclusive content though for Destiny 1 was rather poor and not really worth missing as it was a single strike, crucible map and an exotic if I remember correctly.

I'm not to thrilled about the Battlenet exclusivity thing but according to OC3D it is likely due to Valve wanting a minimum of 30% of the sale price for each game sold on Steam, so I can understand the decision if that is what caused it, because why should Valve get 30% of the sale price for a game that they had no involvement in developing.