1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi Destiny 2

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Hex, 23 Mar 2017.

1. rollo

rollo Modder

First one required about 3 hours a week to do the raids, not exactly a big time commitment.

When I played wow back in the day I spent more than that pre farming pot materials.

The main story is enough for a lot of people. And from what I have heard gear is given out a lot more freely similar to Diablo 3 these days

2. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

GreenManGaming have it for £38.79 (14% off) at the moment. I managed to grab it when they had it at 18% off :) Still pricey I know, but it's a bit less than Overwatch was for a while and that's mp only.

I was trying to pace myself on XB1 so I'm not burnt out when it gets to PC, but... I now have a Hunter and a Warlock at 20 so that didn't work :hehe: Will get my Titan done next week, wanted to hold off to get that sweet clan XP as we keep hitting the 100,000 XP clan cap under 48hrs :duh: So if my characters are at personal weekly cap and we've hit clan cap, it feels like a waste doing too many things.

I highly recommend being in a clan, especially if you're not really into every aspect of the game. I generally solo everything so miss out on Nightfalls, Raids and Trials most weeks. So, as long as someone in our clan does those, I still get the rewards :happy:

Couldn't tell you what it's like as an MMO as I avoid MMOs like the plague, I generally hate them. As with the first one, getting through the story to the end-game content is pretty quick. Then it's just a case of Adventures, Public Events, Quests, Crucible, random killing-sprees, etc. to get you levelled up for Nightfalls and Raids.

As long as you understand how the levelling works it's not too bad of a grind. It's a lot simpler to get your head around now. I had a friend who could not understand it in the original & so just bitched levelling took too long... You want to avoid doing any of the milestones that award 'Powerful Gear' for as long as possible (remember some of these are weekly though, Tuesday 10:00 BST) as they are great for taking you over soft-caps. Blue (rare) gear will get you to about 265 easily. After this you'll be wanting to get Purples (legendaries). I'd avoid doing any Exotic quests until you're around 270 because they'll drop way too low to be useful for long. You can infuse into them so all is not lost, it's just you may as well wait a bit. After you hit 275 blue and purple engrams start dropping at 7 levels below your power, so it really starts to slow down. As soon as you hit 280 though you can exchange blue mods for purple ones with the gunsmith. Mods are absolutely necessary! The legendary mods will add +5 to your gear/weapon defense/attack. Once you hit 300 you'll want to pay attention to what level engrams decrypt at with the NPCs on each planet as well as the vanguards (and maybe the faction leaders once they're around, although apparently not the Gunsmith). The level resets every 30mins on the hour & half hour mark. They can go down as well as up! It seems they're all linked, so if one suddenly switches from 296 to 300, go fly around to everyone and grab the 300 engrams before the 30mins is up!

Looking forward to the Faction Rally starting on Tuesday. Hunter will be repping Dead Orbit again :rock:

3. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

I've got my Hunter to lvl 20 (story complete) power level 278, and my Titan to lvl 20 (story not complete) power level 250. Need to make a start on my Warlock though.

Also made a good start to rebuilding my exotic collection:
    Primary: MIDA Multi-tool, Vigilance Wing
    Energy: Hard Light, Cold Heart, Sunshot, Fighting Lion, Graviton Lance
    Power: Merciless, The Wardcliff Coil
    Hunter: Knucklehead, Nighthawk, FoeTracer, Raiden Flux, Dragons Shadow, Lucky Rasberry
    Titan: Feedback Fence, Doom Fang Pauldren
    Warlock: Sunbracers, Wings of Sacred Dawn
    Ship: Symmetry Flight

Last edited: 25 Sep 2017
  4. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

I'm struggling at the moment to play this, not because I don't enjoy it and I have not burned myself out but I am struggling because of the controller after playing it the pc beta.

I'm not even interested in completing the raid etc on the Xbox because I know once it releases on PC I am probably not going to bother with the Xbox for quite a while.

Got my Warlock, Titan and Hunter to over 290 power with most things complete but I want Keyboard and Mouse.

5. Hex

Hehe I'm the exact opposite. I tried to play it on PC with keyboard & mouse but my brain just can't do it. Destiny is a controller thing for me and I don't think I can change that :hehe: It works the other way too: I played LawBreakers on PC with mkb so much that when I played the PS4 beta I was completely stumped. I don't know how streamers switch around so much playing the same game on so many systems with different inputs! My old brain is too addled for that.

6. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

I can play it easily using the controller but I really want to play it on the pc with the keyboard and mouse, especially when it comes to the crucible but I also want those smooth frame rates unlike what happens on the xbox when you have alot of players around a public event.

7. Hex

I haven't had a problem with lots of players, but there are a couple of areas that tank frames on Xbox and PS4 whether anyone else is there or not. To be honest I did worse in PvP with mkb, so I won't be dropping the controller. I've played crucible with a controller for 3yrs, switching to mkb now would not make me more accurate, it would just mean I have to keep looking at the keys wondering wtf I need to press! Especially because the PC default keybindings were really bizarre in the beta and I'd have to go through and change almost all of them and then screenshot it or something for when an update resets everything (had that in Overwatch too many times). But then, unlike you, I am planning on continuing to play on Xbox after I get it on PC. My clan are all Xbox only and it means I don't have to close browsers and fiddle about with fan settings. So I can play on Xbox while watching Netflix, but my PC would have a fit if I tried to do that while gaming! Switching back and forth between mkb & controller, but in the same game would throw me waaaaay too much.

I only got on for a couple of hours today, but my Hunter is already almost at weekly clan XP cap. All I really did was the Flashpoint! The cap is sooooo loooooow. Got her repped to Dead Orbit though, so that's sorted. When I get home from work I'll get the Warlock set up with FWC. Will work on the Titan at some point this week.

8. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Yeah I understand what you mean going to a controller for me was a pain and even after 3 years I still struggle to play PVP with it, albeit I am getting better but it just is not the same for me.

I will play it on the Xbox once it's out on the pc but it won't be nearly as much, and I intend to join the same clan on the pc if they will allow that and that will mean I can contribute 30K each week to the clan, or I will start a new one just for the pc.

Currently trying to record a review of Destiny 2 but need some footage from Destiny 1 and it's installing an update which is taking ages, been running for nearly 10 minutes and it's done 13%.

9. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

PC version can be pre loaded now.

10. DLDeadbolt

DLDeadbolt Space Cadet

Apparently my order cancelation didnt go through, now GMG are refusing to refund me because they've already sent a code to me.
    So now I'm sitting with a code for the Deluxe Edition.
    If anyone wants to get it I am trying to sell my code.

GravitySmacked likes this.
  11. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

Not long now until the PC release, really looking forward to it. I've been playing on PS4 to whet my appetite but PC will be the go to version for me :)

BTW, does bit-tech in general seem a lot quieter since the downtime and subsequent upgrade?

Hex likes this.
  12. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Game is running really well, 1080p maxed out it's running at over 120fps whilst recording and streaming.

Will carry on playing tomorrow morning.

13. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

Played 6 hours and got to level 10 (almost 11) and loving it. It's a beautiful port and one of the best looking games on PC in my opinion. It's so good to be using a mouse and keyboard rather than a controller; I can actually enjoy the SMG's on PC (I hated them on PS4) and the platforming sections are a breeze.

Well worth the wait and time to sell my PS4 copy methinks!

Hex likes this.
  14. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Word of warning the crucible is full of people lagging all over the place, not been able to find a decent game all day guessing alot of the "Try Hard" console players who have switched are using the same scum tactics of destroying there connection for an advantage.

15. Yaka

Yaka Multimodder

been soloing on ps4 if im honest im clueless about all things destiny but enjoying this game, was looking to get the pc version but lack of being abale to use the same char killed it for :/
    looking for a clan to join for ps4 version of the game any pointers as to which one to join?

16. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Well I got fed up with my hunter so deleted it and made a 2nd Titan, now sat at 296 Power as of this morning on the first Titan with only the nightfall left to do on it, then will swap gear to the other one and do the milestones again.

Tempted to delete my Warlock and just go with 3 Titans, as I am really enjoying the Titans in this game compared to Destiny 1.

17. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Now have 3 Titans, and managed to finally hit Power Level 300 and also managed to snag a 299 Vigilence Wing which I am going to try in the Crucible later.

18. Yaka

Yaka Multimodder

wow, putting me and my lonely 1 titan to shame. really cant find the time to do the whole thing again

19. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Only takes just over 4 hours to level from 1 to 20 with a one of the medallion things on, and leaves about 3 or 4 campaign missions to complete at lvl 20 that is with skipping the cut scenes, and taking a couple of toilet breaks, fastest I have done it up to now is around 3.4 Hours.

The way I did it was to complete the initial story missions to open the planets up and then did 2 adventures on each and as many heroic public events as you can as they give a nice chunk of XP.

With a Medallion an adventure will give around 1K to 2K dependent on which one and a Heroic Public event will give 3.2K but if it's not heroic then it's around 1.2K to 1.6K.

Once I reach 305 Power with one of my Titans I might delete them all and go for 3 Warlocks to get to 305 with them, but I am going to ignore the Hunters as they seem really squishy in this game compared to Destiny 1.

Also it helps that I am not working at the moment, but start my new job on Monday so game time drops quite abit.

20. Hex

Deleting Hunters? Disgusting :p: Only thing with having the same classes is you only get the Well Rested buff once. I like having one of each, not only because I get more Bright Engrams, but I just like being able to switch it up. I have one each of the races too. On Xbox I have my Warlock and Titan at 305, but my Hunter (main) is stuck on 304 because she keeps getting the same damn gear from Powerful Engrams :wallbash: On PC I've only finished the story on my Hunter. Hopefully I'll get the other 2 done now I have some days off work. Had ridiculously bad luck with Bright Engrams on PC too. Not only have I received no exotic emotes at all (I got them all on Xbox in about my first 10 BEs) but I still haven't had a ship in one yet, so I'm still using the stupid plain ship from Holliday and can't use any of my transmat effects.

Unfortunately since the patch my game has started to run like total crap and the frame drops are so bad after a while I have to restart. Which is not great, but at least it's happening to a lot of people so they're already investigating. It ran so great before, it's made me sad :(

GravitySmacked likes this.