1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

do the test

Discussion in 'General' started by finboz, 14 Mar 2008.

1. tacticus

tacticus What's a Dremel?

Speaking as someone who has been hit 3 times (and all 3 drove off) there are much worse things you could spend the few thousand that cost to make.

2. finboz

finboz What's a Dremel?

i think what it proves is if you are concentrating on other cars its easy to miss a cyclist or motorcyclist. as a car driver with a lot of years of experience i recently took up motorbiking and im now much more aware of all traffic, although im still not at the stage where i can spot moonwalking bears.

3. Oclocker

Oclocker What's a Dremel?

I was saying its wasted on that and funds should have been used effectively. its just an unrealstic scenario and therefore unhelpful.

Last edited: 15 Mar 2008
  4. Oclocker

Oclocker What's a Dremel?

As an ex cyclist/biker I have always been aware of 2 wheeler's. And anyhing that encourages vehicle drivers to be more observant is good, but that video won't help imho.

5. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

6. chrisb2e9

chrisb2e9 Dont do that...

thats a good point, I hate it when I see someone at night without any lights on their bike and wearing dark clothing. if you dont want to get het, make sure drivers can see you.

7. Tomm

Tomm I also ride trials :¬)

I ride my bike all the time and get a bit irate at drivers who don't pay attention. But sometimes I'll be driving and I won't have noticed a cyclist until he appears just alongside me. "Where did he come from?!" And I expect I'm more sympathetic to (and aware of) cyclists that the average car driver.

8. overdosedelusion

overdosedelusion I mostly come at night, mostly..

It's not going to help in the slightest. People are still going to drive like ******s. I have so many near misses when people think they can squeeze between me and the car in the opposite lane, or when they come hurtling round bends ignoring the speed limit. I think that everyone who takes their driving test, must first ride a bicycle around town and see just how many people just don't give a ****, perhaps then they'd take us cyclists into consideration. When driving, I give cyclists at least half of the lane, and if I can't over take leaving him/her half a lane, then the people behind me just have to wait.

P.S. I'm back, as though you care :p

9. Brett89

Brett89 Minimodder

Welcome back! As if you know who I am.
    But when I'm passing a bicyclist, or anyone on the street, half a lane is minimum for me, just doesn't seem safe otherwise.

10. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Yep, bit of a stupid advert really

69 Dude!

11. badders

badders Neuken in de Keuken

I look for all the cyclists I can. And then aim for them.

Crap advert, cyclists are all effing mental, and that bear Moonwalks about as well as I do.

12. specofdust

specofdust Banned

13. C-Sniper

C-Sniper Stop Trolling this space Ądmins!

saw it when i noticed another person enter the fray

14. loops

loops What's a Dremel?

13 and a bear
    Ive been knocked off my bike more times than enough, usually by people who have seen me but insist on driving 2cm from me anyway, last time it was a lorry, didnt actually knock me off but got that close I had to swerve, went straight off the road and into a bush.
    Stupid advert though.

15. keir

keir S p i t F i r e

Nope

16. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

Having been both a cyclist and a driver, I can say that sometimes cyclists are to blame, other times drivers are to blame.
    I've almost been knocked over several times while riding my bike; but on the other hand, I've had numerous occasions where cyclists have nipped in front of me to get through (moving) traffic.

Motorcyclists on the motorway are the worst of the lot, though.

17. outlawaol

outlawaol Geeked since 1982

That explains my car.... :D
    [​IMG]

My single attention span got the better of me for real though, I hit a deer that day. Cause? cellphone.... :(