1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

E.U: Leave or Stay? Your thoughts.

Discussion in 'Serious' started by TheBlackSwordsMan, 22 Feb 2016.

1. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

I thought plan B was to listen to other MPs, because repeating something that's failed after two and a half years is suddenly going to work, or they've not been listening to anyone until now.

2. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

If there's a general election, I want someone to run on the premise of cancelling brexit and then calling another GE since that's all they wanted to do.

MLyons and adidan like this.
  3. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

DevDoge to the rescue. At this point I'm deliberately trying to stay ignorant. Makes these talks much easier. "what are your thoughts?" "don't know m8"

4. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

See:

:grin:

In the debate yesterday I heard so many MPs stand up and say that it was absurd/insulting/ridiculous/etc to suggest that their constituents didn't know what they were voting for in the referendum, when in fact nothing could be further from the truth. They were sold a unicorn and instead got a deranged three-legged donkey with a carrot taped to its forehead whose bowel control leaves an awful lot to be desired.

5. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

@Byron C: Yea, sorry for repeating what you said, it just really winds me up as it's no the will of the people, it's the will of criminals and not a single MP seems to care.

On another note I'm surprised so many Conservative MPs bothered to turn up for the VonC debate, i was expecting the government benches to be completely empty other than just before the vote.

6. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

No it's fine, I wasn't have a go :)

Corky42 likes this.
  7. Risky

Risky Modder

Or it could be that a lot of them had made their minds up about the EU for a long time and no-one (save poor old Nick Clegg) seriously tried to make the case for it for years.

8. Risky

Risky Modder

More politicians getting themselves into a pickle

9. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

You know what? That's exactly right, some people had made up their mind a long time ago - in fact ever since we joined the EU. Those people have not shut up about Europe for over 4 decades and they've constantly been feeding half-truths and misinformation about the EU bogeyman ever since. Well they're finally getting their way, and in 10-20 years time when we really understand the impact this will have it will be my generation and those younger than me who have to deal with the consequences of something we never wanted. Those who have been griping for decades won't have a care either way because either: they are already rich enough to not have to worry, or they will be dead.

10. VipersGratitude

VipersGratitude Multimodder

11. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

So 170 Conservatives think May is doing a terrible job, but not terrible enough to put their own on the line. How depressingly predictable.

12. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Yup. I stand by my very early post of JRM et al being naive challenging her when they did.

Do it now she'd probably go and they could have some PR irrespective of how vacuous it would be.

13. RedFlames

However, unlike JRM, Corbyn is free to try again.

14. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Why get rid of a useful idiot?

15. Risky

Risky Modder

It's a very big jump from thinking that May is the worst PM we've ever had to thinking that Corbyn wouldn't be far, far worse.

There are differing views within the parliamentary party about how close to the EU the country should be but none of them have ever thought we should get closer to Venezuela.

16. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Speaking on BBC News, Tory peer Lord Finkelstein said: “We can’t have no deal unless we have a deal, or some sort of arrangement. Theresa May can’t even declare there is not going to be a deal. She doesn’t want no deal, because she has advanced a deal, she wants a deal. But, she can’t announce there is going to be no, no deal, how does she know? I want no deal not to happen. But, she can’t take it off the table because if we don’t have a deal there will be no deal.”

So let's be perfectly clear: Theresa wants a deal and not a no deal but she can't say there won't be no deal because she doesn't know whether there will be a deal and if there won't be a deal then there will be no deal.

It's no big deal, really.

Last edited: 16 Jan 2019
  17. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Well she is the Queen of gobshitery.

To prove the point, from the BBC
    Thought parties offering that 2 years ago and the public voting a hung Parliament in may have given a slight, hammer to the face, hint.

18. RedFlames

Maybot declaring that brexit is over and she's going to live on the moon with reese-mogg and the clangers would be closer to reality than anything in her speech.

19. wolf5ster

wolf5ster Minimodder

20. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder