1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress Epic PC Kyubu: Help me donate to the Tsunami! | 21.3.2011

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Djayness, 21 Sep 2010.

1. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

Some seriously nice looking cuts there mate.

2. Djayness

Djayness phwupupupup

[​IMG]

Three updates in three days :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Here be the HDD tray which is suppose to house 2 Samsung spinpoint F3's in raid 0. Budget depending I might just throw in another two SSD's.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    The legs in their unpolished glory (althought they will eventually get polished). You can see that I will be taking advantage of the clear bit to shine light through and I might just drill in a few LED's into each leg.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The motherboard tray, this is a test cut to see if it fits, the final cut will have a custom IO plate to ensure there are no unsightly gaps.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The front panel almost completed. See the black squares? twin cold cathodes will be housed in there and shine light across that panel lighting up the entire engraved bit.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks Aaron from OCAU for your dedication to my sleeving. Awesome bit of work and my photos dont really do it justice, this sleeving is crazy good art.

Will be releasing a video soon and I am working on polishing the parts.

Chairboy likes this.
  3. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

:D Wow, I had no idea using a CNC machine could generate so much mess, plastic dust & chunks everywhere lol, appreciate the pictures mate, I honestly thought it would be a fairly clean process :duh:. The pieces are turning out really nice though & a nice ready made sleeve job by Aaron :thumb:.

4. Nutman

Nutman Never stuck with stock

Awesomeness in play here!

5. chocolateeminem

chocolateeminem What's a Dremel?

Where did you buy the cnc machine from and for how much?

6. Djayness

Djayness phwupupupup

Yeah its heaps messy :p Ever drilled into a wall to install shelving? See how messy that is to do a single hole? Multiply by 1000=CNC.

Thanks Nutman!
    China, PM me if you want more details.

bulldogjeff likes this.
  7. bulldogjeff

bulldogjeff The modding head is firmly back on.

All stating to look very nice indeed. What made me laugh though is when you compared the length of time it took to make the panels. Imagine doing it by hand to that standard and the hours that would be involved. it took me about 45 minutes to do the front panel on my rig with a router and thats very basic. I'd love a full blown CNC machine but some how I can't see Santa leaving one under the tree for me this year , even though I've been a good boy.

Top modding mate..+ rep

8. Djayness

Djayness phwupupupup

Thanks Bulldog,

The CNC saves a heap of time on my end and I wouldnt mind santa bringing me in another one end of year (not going to happen though, too old for fat men + chimneys).

[​IMG]

Going to work soon so here are some pics of the backpanel (you know, the one with water going through it).

6 hours and still going -_-

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BTW I am trying to change the lighting in my cutter room so not everything is...orange.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Its still going, more when im back from work!

9. Djayness

Djayness phwupupupup

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    So the front panel is now cut and yeah, that took forever to finish. Its finally done though so thats all that matters :)

Anyhow, this gives you guys a better picture on how the water will move throughout the entire case.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Did a test fit for the motherboard tray, it fits. Nothing else to report here, moving along.

[​IMG]
    My hands are in a whole new world of pain. That sandpaper spounge is good for a few walls but didnt last long polishing the back panel.

[​IMG]
    As I always say, if youre gonna tap it, make sure the hole is wet and well lubricated or you wont have a good screw :p

[​IMG]
    Thats a good tap :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    This is the fill port and I had to squish two 4.5mm piece together so I could screw from both sides (like so I can put another fitting on the pass through). I feel so dirty!

Last edited: 17 Nov 2010
  10. Nutman

Nutman Never stuck with stock

Well, when you get going, you put up a new definition of the phrase "Get going"!!!!
    That CNC was really needed, I can see.

11. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

Definitely some nice cuts your getting there mate. It is all looking great so far.

12. riekmaharg2

riekmaharg2 has completed the PowerCore scratch build

Awsome CNC Djayness :) Your designs you've made so far look great :thumb:, can't wait for the next update.

13. Djayness

Djayness phwupupupup

Oh the CNC was a long time coming but now that it is here, its just pure awesome sauce!

Thanks guys, heres a sneak peak :)

[​IMG]
    It's still drying which is why some of the letters are black but damn, Im gonna call this piece finished.

Last edited: 18 Nov 2010
    Waynio likes this.
  14. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Seriously awesome top piece :thumb:. +rep

15. Djayness

Djayness phwupupupup

Cheers. You can see how I made it because I just uploaded Kyubu Part 2!

16. DeltaFX

DeltaFX What's a Dremel?

Argh, I want a cnc.... Amazing mod.

"nom nom nom"... weird, I know what it means, but in french it means "name name name".

17. Djayness

Djayness phwupupupup

Ah its just an internet meme, nom nom nom :p

18. Raiden

Raiden Portuguese reviewer

Amazing , simply love it

19. masterchief9615

masterchief9615 PC builder / Modder

Your work is amazing. I love to watch your PC builds come together. I wish you the best of luck with your new YouTube channel and website!

20. Djayness

Djayness phwupupupup

Thanks guys!

[​IMG]
    I'm going to start where I left off, I dont know how I let this photo slip my attention.

I've managed to update every day this week :) I guess you're wondering if today will be any different and it just so happens that I have an update this post and another update in a few hours.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Above: Super sneak peak, sealed and all.

[​IMG]
    With the mid plate and bottom panels in a cut right now and with the front panel and back panels done, we might actually see the main part of the case assembled. This is of course dependent on how things go and whether I want to leak test each part individually instead of in a group.

[​IMG]
    I might do them all together as I am quietly confident that I wont have any panel leaks and it gives me a good opportunity to test the drain port.

[​IMG]
    Tip: If you are going to paint the acrylic cement on, Revlon brushes are great! The fine bristles allow you to spread any overflow thinly over the panel causing the mistake to evaporate rather than eating at your material.

Just dont let your ball and chain know :)

I also noticed some of my photos have been coming out orange and thats due to my post processing batch in photoshop. I developed a post processing batch that can deal with fluro and yellow light so the photos from here in will not look absolutely retarded.

Another update coming in a few hours!