1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics Erratic frame rate with a GTX570 [ UPDATE IN FIRST POST ]

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by knuck, 3 Apr 2011.

1. [PUNK] crompers

[PUNK] crompers Dremedial

All the marketing nvidia put into 3D, then they release a card with this issue? You have to wonder what sort of testing goes on. Do they have one 60hz monitor they test with or something? how else could they have missed that?

2. knuck

knuck Hate your face

I don't know but I reported the bug to nvidia and I expect them to release a fix or something because it doesn't make sense that we have to go through all this after we bought their freaking flagship card AND 3d technology (okay I never bought the glasses but I do have the monitor)

3. knuck

knuck Hate your face

I know nobody reads this thread but a google search could very well lead someone here so here is a workaround if you do have the problem. It's not a permanent fix, but it makes it bearable to deal with the problem until nvidia fixes the damn thing.

If you do have the problem, just set your monitor to 60hz and reboot. It should then be fine and still working correctly after you set your monitor back to 120hz.

It works for me anyway

N17 dizzi likes this.
  4. N17 dizzi

N17 dizzi Multimodder

+rep for thinking of others. Your experience must have been a major pita

5. knuck

knuck Hate your face

thanks. I found about 3 person who have the exact same problem as me. I reported the bug to nvidia along with links to these people's own thread and mine but since this problem has been known since the 5 series came out 6 months ago, I doubt nvidia will ever fix it

meh

6. Deders

Deders Modder

They should fix it, especially if they want any hope of pushing the 3D any further. It does take them ages to get drivers through WHQL at the minute, partly due to the sheer number of graphics cards they have to support. They still recommend the latest drivers for a 6600LE.

7. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

Glad you figured it out.

8. knuck

knuck Hate your face

Good news from nVidia themselves