1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Favorite BFBC2 weapon

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by The_Beast, 22 Aug 2010.

1. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

2. lp1988

lp1988 Minimodder

If I end up in a map like that I might decide to... piss off some of the snipers, assault class and then constantly putting up smoke in front of them. I know it is mean but it sometimes makes them move (now imagine that)

3. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

Did some serious damage with USAS-12 last night. I barely ever use shotguns in games, but in some confined spots in Rush the USAS seemed like the optimal tool for the task.

Also M14. I don't know why but I seem to score and awful lot of headshots with that thing :D It's funny cause the crosshair is so ginormous it's hard to really go for the head.

4. Pieface

Pieface Modder

I just got the G3 which is quite nice, but I really wish you could use a red dot sight on it.

5. lp1988

lp1988 Minimodder

I have used the G3 a lot and I kinda like the iron sights, at least it dosen't take the entire screen like the M14

6. Pieface

Pieface Modder

Just had the weirdest glitch ever... I kept dying randomly yet it never counted under my deaths. Bloody French server.

7. lp1988

lp1988 Minimodder

You were properly trying to play as a recon on a server restricting the number of recon classes on each team.

8. Pieface

Pieface Modder

I don't play Recon at all really. I was an Assault player.

9. pimonserry

pimonserry sounds like a party.

By the way, for anyone lurking this thread who hasn't bought BFBC2, it's now at Amazon UK for £12.99

10. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

I've just discovered the M1 Garand!

OMG!!! Its awesome, 2 hit kills as standard.

11. TheBlackSwordsMan

TheBlackSwordsMan Over the Hills and Far Away

As Assault:
    M416 iron sights
    NEOSTEAD 2000
    M1A1 Thompson

As Engineer:
    PP-2000
    NEOSTAD 2000
    G3
    or M1A1 Thompson
    with the RPG-7 AT

As Medic:
    XM8 LMG

As Recon:
    Gol
    Type 88
    SVU

Handgun:
    MP-443 Grach aka the Gun with 1 million bullet

12. wafflesomd

wafflesomd What's a Dremel?

The pistols are still the best weapons in the game.

Go ahead, try them out and laugh at how accurate they are at long distance.

13. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

I can never switch weapons fast enough to kill with the pistol when my main gun runs it's clip out

I think I've killed 5 people with pistol out of the 1700 with the main weapon

14. October

October Mariachi Style

I finished unlocking assault :grr:

15. m0ngy

m0ngy What's a Dremel?

First off, LOVE this game. It's by far THE BEST online FPS to date, bar none. I hope Dice incorporate and expand upon ALL the innovative features in BC2 for the long awaited BF3. Only thing I don't like is noobcore mode, it's sucky. I appreciate they're trying to bring new players into the genre, but please... I mean, it takes a whole clip to drop anyone, that's just lame. Anyway, thank God for hardcore mode.

Assault: Already plat'd the Akbhan and M416, mostly using the AUG at the moment, love it. XM8 is also good. Plat'd the 40mm nade launcher a long time ago, essential in noobcore mode. I only ever play hardcore mode now. Always use the M1911 45 automatic as sidearm, 4x optical scope, explosives enhancement, and long range vehicle optics.

Medic: Plat'd the M60, using the XM8LMG and SAW now (almost plat'd). SAW is better than you think, high rate of fire gets plenty of headshots (4x scope), try it. M1911 45 automatic as sidearm, 4x optical scope, mix it up between LMG enhancement and something else (can't remember), and long range vehicle optics.

Engineer: UMP-45, the best smg in the game, except the sites tend to obscure your vision quite a bit. I can't believe people like the G3, it's a pos. Plat'd the M2 ages ago, mostly on infantry, it's just too much fun to refuse. Got a 6 hit multikill with it once (hardcore mode, of course), as the enemy were bunched around the mcom, trying to diffuse. Use the RPG-7 now, apparently it's better at killing vehicles but I can't tell the difference. Have used the Uzi extensively and experimented with shotguns, best of which is the Neostead 2000. Tracer dart as sidearm (absolutely essential), extra rockets, explosives enhancement, and long range vehicle optics. With long range vehicle optics I can easily take out the mcoms by shooting at it, getting 50 points a pop in the process. You also get the drop on other tanks and infantry who think they're being sneaky.

Recon: I have 68+ hours and 4,602 kills with the VSS even though I haven't used it for about 2 months because I'm trying to get to level 50 and need the gold/plat stars. VSS with magnum + extra ammo simply pwns, there's no other weapon in the game nearly as effective. Stealth adds a whole new and very welcome dimension to this game; infinitely more fun and challenging (Silence Is Sexy - Einstürzende Neubauten). I can hide in the back of the enemy spawn with the VSS and get 10 or 20 kills in a few minutes without them having a clue where I am. Sends a wave of panic throughout the enemy team. In HC mode I can bust into the enemy mcoms and take out 3 or 4 noobs with a single, well executed spray of the VSS. Trying the SVU now, not bad, but NOTHING touches the VSS at long, medium, or short range. M1911 45 as sidearm (old faithful), explosives or mortar (depends how close the tank is), magnum ammo, extra ammo, vehicle optics (always).

Last edited: 28 Aug 2010
  16. Andy Mc

Andy Mc Modder

Finally managed to get my veteran status sorted by an EA rep today. Can't wait to try out he M1 when I get in, does anyone know what it is like?

17. Pieface

Pieface Modder

My veteran status is messed up. Won't take BF2, BF2 SO (Or whatever it is), Battlefield Heroes, BF2142 and BF Vietnam.

18. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

Support sorted me out nicely when i couldn't add my **** for veteran.

19. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

I managed to get BF Heroes and some other game, but it won't take my BF2.

I got everything from my 2 points though, so I wasn't that bothered.

20. Andy Mc

Andy Mc Modder

Yeah, support sorted me out but I noticed as a side effect I have tthe defib unlocked....I'm 800 points off unlocking it at the mo though. So not sure what will happen then. It's fun though.