1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware G.Skill Phoenix Pro Review: 120GB

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Sifter3000, 10 Aug 2010.

1. Sifter3000

Sifter3000 I used to be somebody

2. DeX

DeX Mube Codder

Great review as always, however, the prices you list don't seem to add up. Crucial are offering the 256GB and 64GB C300 drives for £1.95/GB and £1.80/GB respectively (not £2.05) if you go direct to their website and the 128GB C300 for just £230 (£1.80/GB).

It would be really nice to see the 128GB C300 drive on the charts to see how its write performance compares with its little and big brother. However, given the price difference with the G.Skill Phoenix, the Crucial drives seem to be a no-brainer.

3. Gradius

Gradius IT Consultant

I also want to see Crucial C300 128GB begin reviewed.

4. zebby2k

zebby2k What's a Dremel?

I want to see an OCZ revo reviewed.
    Looks like it will blow the Sata based SSD's clear out of the water.

5. Lizard

Lizard @ Scan R&D

Our Revo sample arrived recently, so I reckon we'll get a review up in the next couple of weeks.

6. Deeptoke

Deeptoke Sidious

I'll apologise now probably not where this (rant) should be posted...because its not about this SSD, it's about Bit-Tech's (inc Custom PC integrated staff since merger) reviews on SSD's globably...but hey

I love SSD reviews, seeing speed graphs hearing "W7 loaded in.... and Mass Effect 2 loaded in that...etc etc...(sure you all get my drift) what I hate is the constant reference to "yea use this SSD for your OS (I AGREE!) and Games and slow loading apps etc" um excuse me!

I'm not a dedicated gamer I dip in and out of probably 7+ games at anyone time, depending on the time I have..I like my games on-hand and installed...be it HL2 (inc eps), bioshock 2, MW2, COD, Farcry, Cricket (bloody) revolution, Grid2, NFS (variants) AVP list goes on.

Now SSD's will work for hardcore gamers who will install this game sit there playing till eyes bleed finish it, uninstall, move on to the next... I understand that, makes perfect sense to use an SSD, for limited number of games, LAN party domination, CS, LFD, etc..I get that.

But please you sell the review of an SSD that to some readers "oh that will be bling for my Steam account..." yes sometimes it will be....but I bet most times the investment might just come back to bit you on the.........

7. TWeaK

TWeaK Minimodder

Bit-Tech make their £/GB calculations using formatted capacity, not manufacturer's. As such at £230 the 128GB C300 is about £2/GB, provided the formatted capacity is 115GB (I have no idea exactly what it is tbh - I think it might be close to 120GB in which case it dips under £2/GB).

Tags: Add Tags