1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Games Workshop

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by [ZiiP] NaloaC, 17 Jan 2011.

1. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

Well Wickes class it as a 'big and bulky item' so shipping will cost MORE than the board itself...

im planning to get in contact with a local timber merchant to see if they can help, they say they will cut the wood for free which is always a good bonus, i just have to contact them to see what prices they charge, then arrange a lift.

As for them Nids, let me know what you have and what your looking for, money isnt exactly flowing at the moment, so i might ask if you could pack them up and keep them till i can afford it

2. SpeedLegion

SpeedLegion Minimodder

3. lilgoth89

Did some work on the first of my Imperial Knight Detachment
    [​IMG]

and my gaming boards arrived today ( annoyingly not 2x2 but 2x4 so i might still have to chop them in half before i drill dowels and such )

so i used that as an excuse to get out all my Space Marines

[​IMG]

you really dont realise how much you have until its all on one table

as it stands my next army in building up will be my Tyranids ( inspired by a few 'modifications' i made to the codex ( like Pyrovores being torrent weapons and extended carapace being returned to the Carnifex )
    i now have 8 Carnifex's in my army and next on the shopping list will either be Saspros Nids or 2 Tyranid Swarm Box's ( adding 80 Termagants 80 homagants, 20 gargoyles and another 2 fex's )

4. lilgoth89

also... i REALLY wish Forgeworld would get off their arse and release some posters

they really do fantastic artwork, yet almost all of their wall posters have been 'event only'
    yet id bet they would make a small fortune if they released them to their website after 6 months

i know Black Library do some, but they should keep making them as opposed to short limited edition sets >_<

also after ( another ) sleepness night, i managed to get the baneblade (re)basecoated in black for my iron hands

and i got my first squads shoulder trim completed, before the shakes got to much and i couldnt hold the brush still enough even to paint the trim

Last edited: 6 Mar 2015
  5. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Getting decent artwork releases out of GW has always been one of the more difficult things for fans and collectors. GW has one of the largest portfolios of fantasy and sci fi artwork out there but very little of it has ever been put out there as anything other than book or box art.

I asked a couple of times while working at WHW and all I managed to get out of anyone was "it has been talked about" or words to that effect.

There's so much of the older stuff that I would love to see again, especially the old John Blanche stuff before he changed his style to 'splatter'. Some of the old book art for things like Rogue Trader and the old Ork books, 'Ere we go and Waaaaagh Da Orks, was great and full of of background fluff and ideas such as little Makari (before he became Ghazghull's banner bearer and subsequently got sat on) and his fungus vending business.

It's stuff like that that new people to the hobby will miss out on as the history of GW's releases is almost something that isn't talked about anymore. We now have a single track story of re-envisioned super-serious fluff and I think that the 40k world is poorer because of it.

6. philheckler

philheckler Used to be a pc enthusiast

[​IMG]

fresh out of the mek shop..

7. Almightyrastus

Oo, they look familiar, GW Army Painters group on fb?

8. philheckler

yeah same same... :rock:

9. Almightyrastus

Then you may recognise this fella too...

[​IMG]

10. lilgoth89

ordered the second of my 4 imperial Knights ( trying to get my marines up to 10k so i can join Lira for a few big games )

still want to get Bit-Tech together for a blowout battle sometime, i know me and lira can make 10k ( hell Lira can likely make 20k ) how much could everyone else muster points wise ?

11. philheckler

yeah nice job too !

12. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

13. lilgoth89

looks like someone at GW / FW has gotten a little bit to much into steampunk recently

14. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

I see where you're coming from but imo that looks about right for mechanicum...

15. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

All I see with the walker is this;

[​IMG]

16. crazyg1zm0

crazyg1zm0 Minimodder

I think i got about 6k in orcs when all is said and done got 2k in death company and about 2k in spacewolves too

17. lilgoth89

well if you can make it WHW, hopefully philheckler and Almightyrastus can also join that would make 4 players ( 5 if Lira is interested ) hopefully ccxo and / or Redflames can also join ( More players = More Banter )

but remember as an ork player you must yell WAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHH!!! every time you throw the dice ;)

since you can muster 6k, it might be worth asking people to bring 5k ( assuming we can get even numbers of players ) so everyone has room to bring what they want

Last edited: 24 Mar 2015
  18. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

I need to add up what i have between my eldar and tau armies- small bits of sm/tryanids/chaos marines though their only a few hundred points.

19. Almightyrastus

Not sure on points values but I can throw a fair few Black Templars infantry into the mix as well as a good handful or 5 of orky goodness.

20. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

Only got a measly 1.4k of Necrons atm. My GW stuff has taken a back step for a moment with all the other stuff I've been doing, and weathers been rubbish for priming.
    Still got 5 Immortals to build up and some Dark Vengeance stuff to assemble and paint and try and flog on for a profit on the bay.

Those Skitarii don't look big/bulky enough to me, from the books I imagined them more as big lumps of flesh with bio bits all over them (probably more bio than flesh I suppose). Most of those models also look like they've got hands/arms etc, whereas I thought they just had weapons instead of an arm.