1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Games Workshop

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by [ZiiP] NaloaC, 17 Jan 2011.

1. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

[​IMG]

PSSSSSST GW, your layer lines are showing ;)

Almightyrastus and liratheal like this.
  2. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

Had some time to work on the snowmobile, still needs more paint to finish and I forgot to drill the barrels. I don't think the front end works as well as I'd hoped, the angle is too steep but any shallower and the bike would be too long so I'll be removing the 'nose' for the rest of them and having a more open look I think.

[​IMG]

3. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Pfft.... amateurs..... :hehe:

4. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Haha! Good use of Lego!

5. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

I spent ages trying to work out something that looked correct, turns out Lego was the answer and after rummaging through the kids Lego box I appear to have enough for all the bikes!

Pete J likes this.
  6. lilgoth89

[​IMG]

RIP printer Screen

7. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Bad luck old chap.

Is it expensive to get a new one?

8. lilgoth89

£27 delivered by or lord and Saviour Amazon

i noticed the part before that one started to show holes, but is salvageable, the head.... MIGHT be ? but odds are im just going to turn it into a chunk of Scenery, maybe turn the holes into blast holes,

Pete J and liratheal like this.
  9. lilgoth89

[​IMG]

Size comparison, im hearing online that the warlord is about 10/15% to large scale wise, but im REALLY not going to print another one.... yet

the warhounds need painting in the Navy blue, at the moment they are black, also realised i need to do a little more filling work on the Warhounds especially around the knee's

Also Also, the £26 screen on Amazon isnt for the Mars, its for the Mars PRO, and has a layer of tempered glass installed, making it too thick to use, thus it has to go back, and the only screens in stock are £37 on Ebay >_< so i bought 2

[ZiiP] NaloaC and Pete J like this.
  10. lilgoth89

[​IMG]

I have a problem Please send Help

[ZiiP] NaloaC, Pete J and liratheal like this.
  11. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

No one sent help when I bought a second thunderhawk. Or when I bought the reaver. Or when I bought anything FW related, actually..

Edit: With any luck, I should be getting a Leman Russ and some resin to print the modifications I want to make to it tomorrow. Still have to decide on a camo scheme.. I'm torn between bluetac and soft patterns or tape and hard patterns.

Last edited: 2 Apr 2021
  12. lilgoth89

F

Apparently the Warhound ive been printing, is about 10% too small, and i found that out AFTER i printed out the legs AND the upper body and went to start gluing things together
    so nothing fits together correctly, and it isnt compatible with the warhounds i already have... so i basically have to re-print the upper body again

13. liratheal

Oof. That's no fun

14. lilgoth89

well i managed to ''fix'' the files, saving several hours of printing, all i did was re-design and move the weapon mounts on the existing ''wings'' of the titan, so its only really those parts ( and the bases for the Turbolasers ) that ended up needing replacing, the titan will still be abit smaller, but im running it next to my Wardogs anyway ( and lets face it, if i went within a mile of a GamesWorkshop with these i'd b burned alive ANYWAY so as it stands i dont mind the size difference ( also i added in small extentions to the mid and upper legs for a little bit of added height )
    so much like my next project, she will be one of a kid

[​IMG]

Also i cant help but look at the Plasma Cannons and be like... if i printed the coils in Translucent Resin, i could install a light in there easy...

15. MadGinga

MadGinga oooh whats this do?

I know its not GW, but has anyone tried printing any miniatures created using the Heroforge app?

16. Almightyrastus

I have been having a bit of a play around with the app, well the desktop browser version anyway and I think I may be giving it a go, just to see what things are like.

17. MadGinga

MadGinga oooh whats this do?

I may have entered the rabbit hole, and cant seem to stop creating characters... :(
    Not sure I can justify the print and delivery costs for what is effectively a whim; might have to see if i know anyone thats willing to print one or two for me for beer tokens as thats bound to be cheaper?

Almightyrastus likes this.
  18. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Cherno Alpharius?

19. Almightyrastus

Yeah, I have been playing around with making up a load of the sorts of characters that GW don't seem to be bothered about these days. The background people, the innkeepers, vendors, ordinary folk. The sort of people that wouldn't really have any rules. Everything that GW does seems to NEED rules for fighting now, the ordinary folk (40k and Warhammer) seem to have just disappeared.

For a fantasy setting, the Heroforge stuff is perfect as you can do things like make up a Dwarven barmaid or an old fox salesman, they even have dragon, and other lizard type folk (strangely with boobs, but we'll let them slide on that...).

20. liratheal

Slapped the Leman Russ together after it arrived at long last;

[​IMG]

The dozerblade angles down a bit too much, but.. Live and learn.

Edit:

Some paint (rough base coat, clear lacquer for weathering steps) happened. Some modification happened;

[​IMG]

The dozerblade is closer in now.

I wanted to give the impression that it'd been painted multiple times, so the plan (harhar, plan) is to weather the crap out of it when it's dried, salt it up, re-paint it in different colours, paint on markings etcetera, de-salt it, and matte varnish it before doing all the metals and whatnot.

The search light is removable, 'cause as far as I can remember that's configurable wargear..

Edit 2, return of the Edit:

[​IMG]

Threw some metalics on the wear areas, threw some hairspray, and threw a much more muted tone of browns and greens over the hairspray. Then pretty much just rolled around it with a medium drybrush and my thumb rubbing corners and raised pieces. I wasn't sure how I'd feel about the super bright first round of camo showing through, but I'm sure once I've weathered it and detailed it it'll blend in without looking too aggressive.

Edit 33 & 1/3:

Today on "How bloody rusty";

[​IMG]

Started going at it with what will be the first or second round of oils and powders, after this is all given ample time to cure I'll no doubt seal it and do some more oils to get that nice gooey grease look.

I also reprinted the dozer blade, I added some panelling on the blade itself, which has added to its rigidity nicely, I also redesigned the connection method because that was way too fragile for something I'm going to sell, and tucked it closer still to the body. I modified the model, though, because I remembered I had a 3D modelled aquilla kicking around, so I could still reprint it a third time.. But I most likely won't.

I'm calling this paintjob The Grinch because much the same way he asked his mothers 'are you two still living' I find myself asking 'how is this still supposed to be mobile'.

Last edited: 21 Apr 2021
    Pete J and Almightyrastus like this.