1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Games you have never been able to complete without cheating

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Pete J, 4 Sep 2015.

1. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

Silver - loved that game back in the day but it was just too unforgiving. I Don't regret cheating my way to completion though as I wanted to finish the story and would have missed out otherwise.

2. Chris_Waddle

Chris_Waddle Loving my new digital pinball machine

Football Manager is probably the only game I have 'cheated' on.

Many years ago I had a habit, that if I couldn't get a team to sell me a player that I wanted, I would create a new manager, take that team over, sell the player to my team for next to nothing and then have the new manager retire.

I still play the game but I hardly ever manage a team now - done it so many times that I've lost interest in doing it again.
    I get my kicks from the game now using an editor to give low league teams (a random choice on any given day) mega amounts of money and watching what happens to them

I also like to create 'myself' as a world class striker but in a low league team and see where I end up. Should I ever find myself transferring to Man Ure, then I have to go back to a previous monthly save and make sure it doesn't happen again.

3. OmightyOne

OmightyOne Minimodder

GTA Hands Down or is that more because of FUN with all the weapons.

4. OmightyOne

OmightyOne Minimodder

Or good old sonic the hedgehog on Sega Mega Drive UP DOWN LEFT RIGHT START+A (If my memory serves me well) - That last level with Dr Robotnic, Still haven't completed to this day :(

5. Fishlock

Fishlock .o0o.

I use cheats on a lot of games. I can't think of any where I had to turn them on to complete it though.

I often use them to make my life a bit easier. Think teleportation on Witcher 3. I very rarely use things like God mode or infinite ammo. I use the trainers on GTA V as it's awesome wicked rofl fun.

6. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

I can't recall ever needing cheats in order to complete a game.

I do use cheats from time to time for messing about and causing mayhem in single-player action games like Just Cause... using things like the unbreakable grappling hook and infinity hooks cheats.

7. rollo

rollo Modder

GTA is the most fun to cheat in, All Weapons infinite ammo please. Charge rambo mode.

8. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

I regularly cheat in games, always have done. I am not someone who enjoys the challenge of repeating a bit over and over again until I get it right that one time. If I have to repeat something, then chances are I'll get fed up, put the game down and quite possibly not come back to it.

I play games to relax and I want to see everything that the developers spent so long putting in there, if I'm getting stuck somewhere without being able to see the whole story or all the pickups and 'secret' bits then I'm not bothered about playing it any further.

As a rule I don't play anything online or multi player so I'm never getting an advantage over anyone else.

9. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Ah, good call. I could complete the first 'level' of GTA 1 and 2 but: one mistake in GTA 1 and you lose your multiplier, making it impossible to reach the score required to move on; and in GTA 2 the missions just became laughably insanely hard. Very sadistic game, the second one - I remember there was a mission where you collected people using a bus and then turned them into hot dogs :eeek: .

10. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Today I had to cheat in Max Max. There is a race where you need to kill another competitor and for me it was just to hard. You had to drive round a very circuitous race course aim and drive at the same time whilst avoiding a bunch of other cars. I tried a trainer which meant my car did not get damaged but the controls are so woeful it was not enough. Eventually I got a save from a guy on Steam who I sent a save file to, he did the race and sent the file back. Sorted although there were others on the forum who slagged me off, I really did not care as i had tried 20 times to do this race and it was a game breaker for me. So thanks to the Arrogant Bandit on Steam for his kind help.

11. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Idiots. It's your game, do with it as you please.

12. Porkins' Wingman

Porkins' Wingman Can't touch this

That's beautiful. I've not heard of people just observing and not managing before.

The game that most comes to mind for me is Speedball 2. The first division teams were too much for me, and the game only gave you one season to win the Championship. With infinite money though, used to upgrade all my players to 220 on everything, then buy in the few transfers who were better than my players, I could beat Super Nashwan, but only if I did that.

More recently, Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker has pushed me to consult a walkthrough more than once.

13. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

I have never seen using a walkthrough as cheating, especially when it comes to finding a well hidden collectable.

14. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

Borderlands & Borderlands 2. Didn't have to cheat as I completed both without any mods, but I found that the game was much more enjoyable if you could make your own weapons and shields etc., especially in Playthrough 2. :)

15. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

I'm still playing this and it's gotten to a point where it's just too difficult, gated areas will regularly spawn a handful of each of the hardest enemy types simultaneously, and I don't know if I'm just a bit retarded or what but I cannot keep myself out of their various firing lines. Kinda given up on it now. Great game, though.

I bought the official strategy guide for the first Ninja Gaiden, not because I absolutely couldn't do it but because it's a much more fun game (and much less tedious) when you know how to play it well, and I didn't have the patience to learn everything by trial and error. Also, all them hidden items and areas.

Also, who doesn't activate cheats in every iteration of Unreal Tournament? As a kid I used to have fun in UT99 stopping time on a game, flying around with no clip, firing headshots at every bot and resuming time to watch the kill log go nuts. No idea why, but it was so satisfying.

Oh, speaking of UT99, I never won the last singleplayer fight with Xan or whatever its name was. Didn't bother using cheats to do it, because the challenge is the raison d'etre of the level and cheating wouldn't really prove or achieve anything, but never managed to get past it.

edit -
    Sigworthy, this is my philosophy on gaming generally.

Last edited: 20 Sep 2015
  16. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

I thought GTA2 was tough but perfectly doable, but I confess that I had to resort to cheating to beat one mission in Vice City - the one where you have to race the getaway driver in order to recruit him. I'm convinced that you can only win legitimately if you can complete the entire race without a single error or crash, and the lack of being able to look around corners when driving made that effectively impossible!

17. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

I haven't used a cheat code in ages.... wow.
    that said, two games I am quite convinced are impossible to beat without being Korean (which is like a cheat in itself) or hurting someone physically:

Project Sylpheed - It's doable, until it suddenly isn't anymore.
    Bayonetta - I have rage quit that game more often than I care to remember. My little (and therefore more perseverant and much more games-fit) brother got a bit further than me, but not much.

18. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

i love platinum games but such fast gameplay just isn't suited to archaic joypads.

19. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

More than that, the gameplay just got ridiculously hard. When the going involves bosses with 10x your health that can only be hit with one attack once, etc...

20. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

I had a cheat cartridge for my n64 which I used to get all the in game cheats, but in uni I managed to do all but facility without any cheats.