1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Gaming Mouse Roundup

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Sifter3000, 28 Feb 2009.

1. logonui

logonui Minimodder

I wouldn't mind knowing this myself, I have used this mouse extensively at work. It looks and feels really comfortable but I have only used it for general office tasks.

2. Nicb

Nicb Let's discuss among ourselves

I'm glad I decided to come back and review previous post. One of my best friends has the G5 and G7 on his computers at his house so when I go over there to play TF2, CS, or Deathmatch I use his mice. I like them, they work well, but they feel cheap to my MX Revolution at home. With my MX I can't tell the difference in performance but it has a luxury feel to it. I feel like I have the same advantage with both in gaming. But........ I'm sure some other gamer will post and swear up and down there is an incredible difference.
    But that kind of guy will probably fit in the catagory of the "10 Golden Rules to Online Gaming" :)

http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=164976

3. PhenomRed

PhenomRed What's a Dremel?

Would be nice to be able to turn your mouse into a wireless one. I have a G5 but it would be nice to be able to use it across the room when i'm sitting on the couch using the TV as a monitor

4. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

I've already commented on that in background article (such as it is) on the BlueTrack technology, but here goes...

The Sidewinder X8 is not a hybrid wired/wireless mouse!

It is a purely wireless mouse. The cord you can attach will merely charge the mouse while using it and remove the need for the battery.

If you'll ever notice that it's a purely wireless mouse is another question altogether.

5. ghostyjack

ghostyjack What's a Dremel?

This roundup of gaming mice is all well and good, but there is a segment of gamers that appear to be missed.

Left-handers.

Everyone seems to forget about us. How about doing a review on left-handed or ambidextrous gaming mice. I find it very hard to find gaming mice I can use, let alone reviews on any.

My trusty Razor Diamondback is starting to fall apart and am needing to get a new mouse and so far my only options are coming from Razor. I'm sure there must be other manufacturers out there that produce left-handed or ambidextrous gaming mice but due to the lack of coverage from sites like this one, you never find out about them or how good they are.

6. iggy

iggy Minimodder

the association used to be called 'bit-tech'

sad days. very sad.

edit - where the hell are logitech and razor in this roundup? the quality of reviews and writing on this site are sadly just going downhill.

7. Claave

Claave You Rebel scum

Unfortunately the lack of left-handed mouse reviews is a consequence of a lack of left-handed mice - Razer is probably your best bet as most of its mice are ambidextrous. If anyone knows any other mice for lefties, please let us know.

8. Gunblade

Gunblade The Frugal Chef

The non toy look is a great thing to have with your mouse. I always felt like I was settling with previous mice in terms of aesthetics. The Steel Series Ikari is a great product for my needs and the best mouse I've ever owned. I bought it lightly used off of Amazon.com for a total of $40. At this point I would pay full-retail for a replacement...however that Sidewinder X8 looks mighty intriguing (don't like the G7 and would enjoy a wireless). If only Steel Series would develop a wireless mouse!

I found weight systems to be useless, only wanted the two back and forward thumb buttons, and a mouse wheel. While playing PC games I noticed having a higher DPI setting I was a better player. If the mouse is not wireless braided cables are always a plus. Now that I own a large desk and the excellent Steel Series SX mousepad - I don't need a drastically large DPI setting. I am able to move the mouse around very freely.

I totally make the same suggestions Mr. Joe. The only thing I ad is the Steel Series Ikari.

I agree with another poster that stated that so many of these mice are so specialized it is hard to find any of them useful! If the product is in excellent working order it is hard to rank mice beyond what your getting for the price. Quit worrying which mouse has the best score. Find the best fit for you, given whatever criteria you have.

9. Aterius Gmork

Aterius Gmork smell the ashes

Thank you! I'd only do some minor gaming: Quake 3, UT, Morrowind (and several RTS, but those do not matter). So if you cannot feel a difference in sensibility there is only a small one, if at all. Which will be sacrificed gladly. Now, where's my wallet hiding again... :naughty:

10. Taracta

Taracta What's a Dremel?

The fact that the WOW mouse cost nearly the same as the X8 is what really threw me in your ratings. Maybe it would be a good idea to put what the score means in the actual review rather than just having it elsewhere.

11. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

I agree too, I thought overall score was the average of the other ratings so that confused me sometimes when it didnt add up lol ~_~

12. BenMster

BenMster What's a Dremel?

I just received my SS Wo.W mouse and i am having some issues with it.

I had one on order for 6 months up here in Canada, but found it on a shelf in the states over the weekend.

I'd read the poor reviews, but wanted to satisfy my curiosity after all this time, so I disposed of some disposable income and picked one up.

For starters my buttons feel like they're made out of cheap ass plastic, as in really cheap ass for the $ i paid..WTF?!?

It gives me the tingles in my fingers and i thought i had a major issue with RSI after playing for 5 hours straight but no, apparantly it's some issue where there's electricity being leaked out onto the chasis. I want to return mine but their tech support hasn't gotten back to me. So much for money well spent.

I think im going to hit up a G5 or the mamba, which is kinda too expensive. there's even a bunch of guys suing blizzard for it.. lol http://petitiononline.com/wowmouse

seems like there's so much complaints about the mouse in every forum i searched for. wtf

Tags: Add Tags