1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Geekbench scores

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Bloody_Pete, 14 Dec 2011.

1. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Sorry, but I just don't see the point in wasting my time increasing my FSB, rebooting my machine twice to lock all cores to their separate turbo speeds and etc for a benchmark that may as well be a joke.

2. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Exactly what I was going to say Adidan, this was only ever a bit of fun. :)

3. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Mate, don't then.

I only did it to check a rough gauge as to where my 3770 roughly sits in this day and age I ain't doing more than that.

I ain't going to get the FSB to force you to mess with your FSB. :)

Guest-44432 likes this.
  4. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Why would you need to do all that? Just make sure you have power management set to high performance, and make sure your processor state is set to 100%

Also don't motherboards these days have the option to save overclocked profiles?. :)

5. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

No, because it is an engineering sample. In order to overclock it you need to first up the FSB but it doesn't do anything until you reboot. Then you need to press the OC genie button which also needs a reboot. Then it sets all of the cores it has to their max turbo boost speeds, irrelevant of how many are in use.

Example - CPU clocks to 3.4ghz on one core. Then the next three clock to 3.2 when only they are being used. Anything more than that the CPU drops to 2.9ghz on all 14/28. However, due to an exploit in the chip if you do the OC genie thing it runs those cores at their max speed regardless of how many are in use. So the CPU clocks to 3.4ghz on the first core, 3.3 on the next three etc but at the same time. So they are running at different speeds. And it works, you get 10% extra performance and scores improve accordingly. However, as soon as you reboot the Xeon realises what is going on and disables OC genie.

So as I said, it's a faff. Start a CB 15 thread (if there isn't one already). I assure you that program will grade CPUs perfectly and put them where they ought to be.

6. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Well that's the joys of owning a ES.

I'm sure we will get some different benchmark threads started again like the good old days, this thread like all other benchmark threads is a bit of fun. :)

7. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Dam that 670 rig you had was the bomb-diggity. Didn't you end up with 3 Cheesecake and a SC, with fans duck taped over the side of the case for additional cooling? I was so jealous of that rig, it was one of the things that pushed me into finally getting my watercooling installed and spending a heady weekend overclocking the nuts off my 970 with some bios modding fun. Great times.

Guest-44432 likes this.
  8. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

9. lancer778544

lancer778544 Multimodder

Ahh, those were the days. I still have the Crosshair II here somewhere. I'll have you know it was the leader* for a while too!

* - fastest DDR2 based system

Guest-44432 likes this.
  10. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Haha, great stuff! :D

11. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

At least half a day.
    We were actually talking about this system today at the bit-tech office and we couldn't find the thread. I'll show this to them in the morning.

adidan and Guest-44432 like this.
  12. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Ha, there's plenty of pic's in that thread pg 8 has the quad sli setup. :) -I'm wondering whether to bite the bullet and get a 7820X setup and ramp the clocks up on that. :D

13. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

There's a distinct lack of pci lanes on 2066, gotta go decade core for 44. Takes the piss that TR has 64 on every single chip.

14. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

I ran GB4 for the first time a little while ago, just single core but not terrible ;)
    https://hwbot.org/submission/3766591_

Also my best GB3 multi:
    https://hwbot.org/submission/3780112_

Also GB isn't an all out cpu benchmark, it does both single and multi threaded benching, and is fairly heavily mem dependent.

And nobody is forcing anyone to run it, if you don't like it don't take part, moaning about how it isn't good for your system doesn't help anyone.

Last edited: 15 Feb 2018
    Guest-44432 likes this.
  15. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Guest-44432 likes this.
  16. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Yeah, I noticed that, but PCI-E lanes only really come into it when using multiple GPU's. Ideally 48 is the no. Of lanes which would be ideal for Tri SLI/CFX to get the full X16 lanes per card.
    But TR has enough lanes to run Quad SLI at it's full potential of X16 lanes per GPU. :)

Nice results there mate! Take it you was using LN2 for that 6.6Ghz OC?

That's very true, as I mentioned before, Memory speeds play an important role in this benchmark too.

Exactly, it's all just a bit of fun to throw some no's around and see what how your computer relates to other results. :)

17. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

18. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Yeah LN2, I get the feeling the cpu is fairly maxxed but DDR4 is basically witchcraft to me so probably a little more to be done there.

19. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Nice! - How I'd love to spend my days OCing with some LN2.
    I've not had the pleasure of jumping into the realms of DDR4, as keep telling myself not to pay the high price, but I may break... Lol

20. MLyons

They good scores then? I've got no idea tbh