1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other General Battlefield 3 discussion thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Otis1337, 8 Feb 2011.

1. Sketchee

Sketchee Suddenly, looters! Hundreds of 'em!

Cheers fella I'll try it later +rep :thumb:

2. niro

niro What's a Dremel?

Right been out of it for a while...will need to find and favourtie CPC server, and hopefully RPG some of you in the head =)

3. Phalanx

Phalanx Needs more dragons and stuff.

Ah, RPG to the face. I did that for the first time last night. Fired an RPG the length of Metro's tube, only for fellow ZiiPster, Hubart, to turn a corner, see the RPG coming at him and have a spare second to shout into Teamspeak with "Oh ffs..." before exploding messily. Very satisfying. :p

4. Olivier

Olivier What's a Dremel?

It's a shame to say it, but do you guys sometimes feel that the 64 player conquest maps are just not well designed for 64 players?

It's not that the maps are too small, but the flag placements themselves. All 64 players tend to be clustered in an area that maybe covers 33% (at best half) of the map - it leads to some pretty frustrating spawn kills and "deaths from nowhere". My KD is in the region of 0.8 when playing 64plyr, and >2 on 32plyr and more importantly I enjoy myself more. I can actually fly the jets/helis without being on constant lock-on and I can walk around quite happily in the knowledge that I'm not going to get shot in the back as soon as I spawn.

You almost get the impression that us PC folk were given 64 player game modes just to shut us up, with little consideration for the design/balancing of maps. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love the game, perhaps when Karkand/wake etc. come into play they'll restore my love for 64 player chaos.

5. Phalanx

Olivier, it's funny you say that. ZiiP have just split our 64 player server into a 48 player and a 16 player server. 64 is, in my opinion, too much to properly enjoy the game. The middle ground seems to be 48-50 for large conquest, and 16 is the sweet spot for infantry only, so we run those.

6. Olivier

Olivier What's a Dremel?

Yep, happens a lot on Caspian for me too - usually greens and blues, although I think I may have had a few orangey/red ones.

7. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

I can also vouch to getting green flashes occasionally.

Had some good games over on the CPC server last night; looking forward to jumping back on (and Mumble) tonight.

8. Olivier

Olivier What's a Dremel?

I've heard quite a few people saying 48 is the sweet spot, I shall most certainly stroll on down to the ZiiP servers and give it a try :)

9. kelvinb

kelvinb BF3 Username - D0rmarth

Must admit had fun on Metro last night with all sniping and managed to get me a ZiiP members dog tags to boot :)

(BF3 name D0rmarth)

10. MiT

MiT Don't feed me after midnight!! nom

:lol:i did that a few time too.

i get green flashes on right side of my screen

maybe more ram for me would be a good idea.

same same

had a bit of lag on cpc server.

also game crashed twice when joining a map or a new game (different servers). i gues still a few glitches.

i had trouble joining team speak for ziip and mumble by wyx last night, kept saying "remote host refused connection" on muble...? and the password didnt work for ziip.

Do i need to change firewall settings...? Am using Eset.

11. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

the more the merrier IMHO. but if 32 is your thing, CPC server is 32 player running Conquest Large.

12. MiT

if anybody want to play co op on weekend let me know!!!!

if anybody want to play co op on weekend let me know!!!!

i haven't started yet.

13. Phalanx

Were you on teamspeak fella? We were having a bloody riot on there last night. Funny as hell. :p TAHU was after my blood after he said his tags were rare, and I grabbed them and he literally went incandescant (sp?) with rage. Was hilarious :D

14. Phalanx

I'm up for that fella. You've got my on Battlelog, so drop me a line whenever :)

15. kelvinb

Yeah I was the new member that join and asked for an unban due to spawn killing :)

I must admit i did find it very funny with the raging due to the sniping at the B flag at metro and the "FFS do u have to use those RPG's in here, FFS omg "bang" " hahaha

:D

16. MiT

sweet. i will let you know, hope fully i dont have to do anything on the weekend. :)

lol.

stupid question, (am new to pc gaming) but when you talk on mumble or teamspeak am assuming everyone hears it? including the opposition team?... so how would you tell/communicate game plan instructions without the other team knowing you tact?

or is it more about just having a chat..?

also anybody notice if you repair as passenger, on a heli, you don't see the repair icon in the middle of screen and you don't get points? but it still repairs...

17. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

Ooookay.... little update.

my T-UGS now works flawlessly. it NEVER shows enemy in my minimap ever before. not in BETA. not last week.

but last night, i drop one (coz SOFLAM is still useless and dont feel like flying MAV) just because, and voila....... every enemy in the vicinity pops in my minimap, pulsates as it beeps. and my squads can see them too. its accurate and altho it has a horizontal circular range, seems like vertically its unlimited. drop 1 in middle of roof in any building in Firestorm, and NO ONE escapes you lol...

that **** is OP. :D

now what i wanna know if it shows on all of my teammates, even non-squads. if it is, wow, T-UGS alone is worth playing Recon.

now to equip my UMP with Infra Red so i can easily spot them in the dark too.........

18. Phalanx

Ah OK. Hehe, yeah was hilarious. And when TAHU lost his tags it was just constant, "right, where's Phal?" :p

Yeah everyone in the channel hears you. It's more about having a chat, but you'll get smack talk and the like (not seriously, just in terms of messing about!) as well as battle comms. Some people, myself included, split off sometimes into a seperate channel if the whole squad wants some coordination.

If it's something you want, just ask. People tend to switch their tone very quickly if someone wants to coordinate. Much like real-life. You enjoy yourselves, but when the squad leader asks for support, he bloody well gets it (at least, on our TS he does) :)

19. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

mumble usually is just banter. there are multiple channels, but most people prefer to stay together. many times when people were complaining about a player, then moments later the said player retaliates with taunt :p

T-UGS is NOTHING compared to BFBC2's motion sensor. i used to play recon exclusively for motion sensor, now THAT thing was a beast.

my problem is that its range isn't clearly shown. and prone enemy doesn't get picked up.

20. kelvinb