1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other General Battlefield 3 discussion thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Otis1337, 8 Feb 2011.

1. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Seriously, buddy, look at the link earlier showing weapon stats. With the exception of the G3, all of the assault rifles do the same amount of damage. With the exception of the SCAR all of the carbines do the same amount of damage. Light machine guns can be divided by "strong" and "weak", all of the "strong" do the same damage as each other and all of the "weak" do the same damage as each other. Snipers are a little bit of different business. The starting weapons are just fine.

It's also impossible for someone to live from 11 rounds, you're either exaggerating to make it sound worse, counting incorrectly (likely firing too fast for the hit marker to go away so you think your entire spray hit), or on such an ungodly bad server with such high ping that it's laughable for you to expect anything less.

The first time you came by complaining it was somewhat understandable beginner's rage. This time, make a video proving what you say or you're just bad and trying to blame the game.

EDIT: Because I'm such a nice guy.

2. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

I have been playing since beta, and from the day of release in the USA. I admit I was piss poor during beta, having never played fps online on pc. I was a console guy and even then I wasnt very good, lucky for the most part.

Getting spawn raped or being stuck in the spawn because the side you are on didn't cap any flags isn't your fault it's the team/group you where playing with. I was on last night and Wyx and others kicked the shizzle out of us. because the side I was on didn't use any team work or even try to cap.

It takes time to learn and become even half decent. The wins I have had are due to team work, and spotting and general communication.

Oh and a handy tip. Even when aiming down sights, tapping the fire button and not holding it costant is the way to go. I learnt it simply wastes ammo xD

3. Mongoose132

Mongoose132 Duckmad

4. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

If the profile linked in a post earlier he hasn't had that many deaths.

5. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

Fortunately all of your issues with the game can be solved with one word; practice.

Play the same map for a few rounds and then move onto the next one. You will soon get to know the layout, sniping spots, noob tube areas (Metro stairway and escalators FTL/Cheesecake) and spawn points.

6. Edwards

Edwards Minimodder

Could I get the TS connection info you guys use when on the server? I'm playing on the server now (UN NefariousNipple) but it's not the same without VoiP.

7. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

finally... after all those hours spent on the damn Viper.... somebody's good enough is actually piloting and i'm there as a gunner to get 2 (TWO!) air vehicle ribbons.

[​IMG]

8. Telltale Boy

Telltale Boy Designated CPC Jetwhore

Just had a great game of Rush on Tehran Highway on the Ziip server. Me and Naloac were making some intense flanking runs round the back. :D

9. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

awesome games on CPC server, where we won by 2 and 3 tickets in both games. so close :D

10. sp4nky

sp4nky BF3: Aardfrith WoT: McGubbins

Got my first EOD bot kill thanks to Lassar :)

11. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

Awesome flanking fella, and it was a good game to boot.

LilGoth, jump on the ZiiP server and our TS, we'll get you rolling :) :thumb:

12. thefriscokid

thefriscokid why s**t so crazy?

I might as well get some trigger this weekend on the ZiiP server and see what all the fuss is about.

13. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

As NaloaC has already said have a go on the ZiiP servers. No spawn raping, no raging at noobs and they are all very help full.

14. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

1 Kill 84 Deaths? OMG what are you DOING!?

I have 3 friends who just started playing the game this week:

Their stats are -

84Kills : 333Deaths
    150Kills : 270Deaths
    19Kills: 44Deaths

They are playing with the exact same weapons as you.

How many hours have you played. I reckon maybe 1 in 25 games one team gets forced back to their spawn. Also, if you'd hit someone 11 times then you would have killed them plain and simple. More likely your first shot hit, and maybe your 6th shot, and the rest went flying wide.

The first guns are very unforgiving, so I do feel sorry for you there, but as soon as you start unlocking red dot sights and better guns, you'll find it easier. You just have to suck to start with!

15. Sketchee

Sketchee Suddenly, looters! Hundreds of 'em!

Aye had some good games on the CPC server last night, the first full game I played was won by 1 ticket! Hopped on mumble as well to check it out, just waiting on a replacement mic. Was good, if a bit chummy. Heard 'Kick Sketchy from our squad' a few times to make room for others so didn't get a lot of chance for squad play. Was still good fun tho.

16. AceRimmer77

AceRimmer77 What's a Dremel?

I unlocked the Infra Red sights for the AK-74, M-16 and Scar-H, my god its like cheating, enemies light up like Christmas tree's. Hands down the best multiplayer game I have ever played. :)

17. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

It was probably nothing personal. If your all on Voice Comms you work so much better as a team and having one person not be is annoying if others who are can't get in your squad.

18. yassarikhan786

yassarikhan786 Ultramodder(Not)

I just have to say Well done to Redbeaver for getting all of the ribbons :).

19. Jester_612

Jester_612 "Jammy..."

Ignore some of the banter, I'd say you're as good as me from looking at what I presume is your PC profile. I've gotten a Most Valuable Player ribbon :D. Granted I was gifted it by someone not making the end of round - but it counts.

[​IMG]

Also I've seen Frisco post on the ownage thread something similar.

My favorite match I was 12 for 13 on 16 plr Metro - the first time. What made it great was the spontaneous team work that started to appear once we moved underground. Prior to that I was getting owned left, right and sunshine corner in desert camouflage. I found unlocking woodland has help being less noticeable.

If weapon unlocks bother you so muck play co-op to unlock some interesting weapons.

Nice segue, I love the M93R - it actually makes most PDW's and subs redundant if you've unlocked it. But I'd still like to try the hand cannon Ice Cream (.44 Magnum).

20. Dwarfer

Dwarfer What's a Dremel?

The game does NOT ship with poor starting weapons. I still use them & they're VERY effective!

You need to stop blaming the game and start to learn how to shoot!