1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other General Battlefield 3 discussion thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Otis1337, 8 Feb 2011.

1. Ficky Pucker

Ficky Pucker I

i've not played BF3 in 6 months :D (145 Hours played)

2. nchhabs

nchhabs www.twitch.tv/dracaXL

Yeah I feel the same way tbh - Elton hit the nail on the head re: progressive patching. DICE needs to learn from Valve, who'll patch a game every second day if they need to. Since CS:GO came out I've been enjoying its higher skill ceiling and the more competitive aspects of it. BF3 feels a little too clunky and random these days. Tbh, I haven't even played AK yet as I'm enjoying other games (particularly Dota 2 along with GO) so much. Hopefully the next title builds on the strengths of BF3 and addresses its weaknesses (which are based more around management issues than anything else)

3. Sarakon

Sarakon The German

So it isn't just me. At the moment I am only playing if the majority of my clan is online...Other that that I have gotten back into WoT :D

4. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Last night I got frustrated by hit reg issues and the fact that even firing first and being dead on.

I was unable to kill people several times and ended up swatted like a fly.

The game has some serious flaws and my ping was at its usual under 30 and its nothing to do with that.

5. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

the randomness and frustration comes from the client side hit detection. it will never work in an online game that require split second reaction.

you see yourself firing first, but in actual fact you fired late because the enemy firing animation doesn't play until you have less than 20% health. totally unacceptable in a FPS game.

6. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

I've just passed 200 hours and its every bit, if not better than it was on day 1.

Some of you saying you are bored have clocked up five or six hundred hours in game. Not many other games anyone can say they've played more.

My point is, I would argue the game remains utterly brilliant, but you've probably had your fill.

7. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

Have you got the network slider all the way to the left? I found that when it was in it's default setting I'd be using a lot more bullets trying to get kills than with it set to off. I seldom find that I have to use more bullets than the norm. The LSAT on the other hand, my god.. I was using it for the assignment and I'd put 5-6 bullets into someone and they'd just be soaking them up, at range that is though, so who knows.

8. wyx087

wonder what's DICE's stance on this:

I'm inclined to try it out, the glare is simply unacceptable, there should have been a switch to turn it off in the beginning.

9. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

I have shifted the network slider. Last night was a fresh install of Windows/BF3 as my repair SSD had arrived.

I will change it later and see how it goes. The M16A3 is usually a powerhouse. But seemed to be off last night at times.

@Wyx such mods might be seen as an attempt to use hacks so watch out.

10. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

If you want your stats wiped out and/or your serial key banned, just go on.

11. wyx087

can't see how it can count as a hack if it doesn't give the player an advantage, it just changes the game visuals back to Alpha stage of the game.

hopefully DICE will wise up and add an option to turn sun glare off...... in a years time.

12. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Depends on what you do with that modding tool. I looked at the link and someone posted an image where by they changed the zoom on iron sights. This would be changing the way a weapon sights work. Iron Sights have limited soon and accuracy hence the different sight unlocks.

I guess changing some files might not effect the way cheat detection works but to mod something so it was so drastically different to all players could be classed as cheating.

There was a video of a modded Bazzar gameplay where it was set at night or at least really dark and the only way to play was use IRNV Sights.

13. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

I just shot through the Thread; Looks like, so far, it's not PB Bannable, unless the server has a full MD5 Check tool running alongside to detect the changes. Even then; it'll only offer up a kick, as there's no way to differentiate between people whom have only edited, and those with corrupted files.

TL;DR version; It's not bannable as yet, so long as you're not an idiot with it.

It might be possible to change all of the following within the files; Weapon Damage, Spread, Zoom, Recoil, Ammo count, Reload speed, Sight in speed, Weapon switch speed, suppression effects and various other things, but that's just being a cn*t and abusing the tool, simply editing the blue tint and removing some of that crappy colour correction they're using is okay by my standards.

14. wyx087

exactly what I want to do, back to Alpha looks.

the whole client side hit detect allows this game to be so easily hacked and screwed up. to be frank it's a lost cause, there is no way to fix this randomness completely.

15. Digi

Digi The not-so-funny Cockney

I haven't played since GW2, BL2, CS:GO release. I'm in Draca's boat RE CS, I've played it for 13 years now and the higher skill ceiling and the more precise system mean you can never stop improving and you are your own destiny. It's the king of shooters still.

Having said that, I don't compare it to BF3 because I get something fun from that as well, just currently, I'm playing other things.. 350 hours (or whatever it was) was well spent though!

16. Sarakon

Sarakon The German

They need to create a proper dark map like that....

17. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

I think I'll hop back on occasionally, but I mean even Tribes: Ascend at this point is more satisfying. But hey, 300 hours well spent.

18. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

I've finally had a round I'm actually pleased with.. Only took me 40 hours of game play. Utterly addicted to the UMP45, RDS, Laser and flash suppressor , it rips people apart but is controllable over mid range as well... and has noobtastic hipfire.

[​IMG]

19. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Have you given the MP7 a blast I used to run that with Support all the time xD

20. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

I get where you guys are coming from re boredom - but let's face it, 500-600 hours gameplay is pretty frickin good. Definitely in need of some fresh air at the moment so playing CS GO which is actually improving my BF3 game, and also Borderlands 2 which is conversely destroying my BF3 game. Looking forward to the next exp. pack as Armoured Kill is just not for me.