1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other General Battlefield 3 discussion thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Otis1337, 8 Feb 2011.

1. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Yeh, that, Extended Mags, Laser and a Kobra used to be noobtastic kit of choice :thumb:

2. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

I have found that BL2 Sniping has made my aim a little better I know they are completely different games. But going for Crit hits has improved my general sniping aim. I usually snipe in Op Metro though xD

3. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Does anyone fancy some co-op tonight?

I'd really love to get my hands on that G3A3...

4. Alekoy

Alekoy Ostekake!

I would if I had read it yesterday, played by myself on CQ maps... Man was I annoyed of all the "(insert nick)96"-aged kids with the Spas/slug combo..... Spamming slugs all over the place...

Last edited: 4 Oct 2012
  5. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

Just find a no shotgun/explosives server, OR just don't go rushing round corners where someone with a shotgun is waiting to take your face off.

6. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Telltale and I had an excellent sesh last night, including one point where he accidently bailed out of the chopper, was able to deploy the parachute and I managed to swing around under heavy fire and collect him midair.

*cue BF3 music*

Last edited: 4 Oct 2012
  7. Alekoy

Alekoy Ostekake!

But rushing is how I roll....

8. Valor958

Valor958 What's a Dremel?

This... is always fun to pull off :thumb:

It's even better with the frantic commentary that accompanies in voice chat (TS in my case). LOL

9. Shichibukai

Shichibukai Resident Nitpicker

10. MeddlE

MeddlE Norwegian Blue

11. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Agreed. Modded colours look absolutely gash.

12. Firejack

Firejack What's a Dremel?

My problem with those colour tweaking programs isn't the fact they change the colours. Its the fact one can also change recoil, rate of fire, bullet damage and a whole load of other stuff. Its opened hacking to anyone who downloads it.

By Monday I'm hoping to have a counter in place on the Scan.co.uk BF3 servers that auto-kicks anyone using it.

Thats quite an ambitious setup you have there.

What BF3 server admin tool and server provider you using? I could give you some pointers and basic setups to get the server filling more easily. :)

13. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

The server is hosted by GamingDeluxe/KillerCreation. And we are using Procon to admin the server.

The simple matter is as of right now most people from Bit Tech arent interested in Battlefield 3. AK on it's own isn't all that interesting to most people.

I asked a bunch of them in front of an EA Community type last weekend whether they liked AK and all said they didn't.

I was hoping that the server would see itself but to be honest even when we do get a handful of players on it. The numbers never increase.

It's because it's easy for someone to simply get a server setup. We are spoilt for choice.

14. MeddlE

MeddlE Norwegian Blue

I like the maps in AK but not the ridiculously overpowered and too numerous vehicles. Infantry only servers running AK maps are great.

15. Firejack

Firejack What's a Dremel?

I'm not familiar with that host. But I know about Procon. Offer is there. Message me on Battlelog "Irricas" if you want to try and get some interest back in the server :)

16. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

As a host they have been awesome. Procon/Mumble and the Game all on our own box. Though we haven't paid for a dedicated box its just the way things are.

Ultimately even with new maps its still the same game. And other games have sparked an interest for many of our usual suspects.

Epic typos edited.

Last edited: 6 Oct 2012
  17. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

LOL what? 'drive to flag a, kill two guys', drive to flag b, kill to guys, see some guys on a quad bike on the way to flag c'? No sir imho. The only maps that should be inf only should be city maps.

18. MeddlE

MeddlE Norwegian Blue

Each to their own Greg. Oh, and driving? Not sure you get what infantry only means.

19. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

love the tweaked colours!

instead of colour temperature all the way at 2000 (all blue), the tweaked is actually at the right temperature of 5500 (standard day time temperature) look here for a picture collection, and notice how much contrast Metro has, and how good it looks.

not sure how the BF3 game designer could make comments such as "too colourful", I got a feeling he's never done any photography.

20. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

Yeah....I've played 1080 odd hours and I DON'T KNOW WHAT INF ONLY MEANS. Sir, it's a simple case of INF only on AK maps being the MOST retarded idea ever. You win the prize for said idea. :thumb:

*Please excuse me if I come of as being a bit hostile here, I just really can't imagine running ALL THE WAY to F or G from EITHER of the bases.

Last edited: 7 Oct 2012