1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HDR in Far Cry

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Blackfish23, 18 Apr 2005.

?

Are you using HDR in Far Cry, and is it worth it?

1. No

56.7%
  2. No + Its not worth it

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes + Its worth it

43.3%
  1. mattyboy

mattyboy What's a Dremel?

Dude, you are sooo full of ****. You obviously changed the "render" mode that anyone who has applied the first or second patch can do. The first is the "cold" mode and the second is normal or "paradise" which is the same anyway.
    Youre just trying to cover your ass because you got nailed being an idiot earlier.
    I just surprised that no one here noticed before.
    Why couldnt you just admit you made a mistake and left it at that. Now you are for sure a liar because you have to change the render mode manually so its obvious you did it to cover your sorry ass!!!

2. RTT

RTT #parp

I dunno what forums you are used to but we don't look kindly upon flaming each other here ;) Please tone it down in the future :)

3. keir

keir S p i t F i r e

on topic, no coz my fx 5900 can support it, is that right?

4. mattyboy

mattyboy What's a Dremel?

* Normal Map Compression. Requirements: NVidia: Geforce FX Family or better, ATI: x800 card or better. This feature is disabled by default. To enable it, type r_TexNormalMapCompressed 1 in the console after loading a level. Enabling this feature during the game may take some time - the PC may appear to freeze. This variable will not be saved when restarting the game.
    HDR is ONLY supported when using a Nvida fx 6xxx series card or greater.

5. Sch1sm

Sch1sm Guest

I currently have a Sparkle GeForce 6600GT 128MB and have high settings in Far Cry with 2x Anti-Aliasing at 1024x768 and it is as smooth as a baby's bottom with Paradise rendering. I couldn't believe how powerful the GeForce 6600GT actually is and can also play the Battlefield 2 Demo very well. I'll need to investigate with said settings this morning. Thank you for the information. :blush:

6. djDEATH

djDEATH Habari gani?

hey - i know this is an OLD thread, but i have some quesitons regarding this, being a bit newer to the gaming scene.

My system, see my sig, my overclock is a bit different i think, but essentially dual core 2.7 ghz X2, 7900 GS at 654/810 - 1GB DDR2 @ 900 (CPU/6)

ok, i have just downloaded the free version of far cry, to give it a go, and want to try this HDR stuff, however, my screen doens't seem to look anywhere as good as it should -

question number 1.

Is it still the case with my 7900GS that i can't have HDR and AA at the same time?
    Tim says above that they both need to be the last thing in the pixel rendering process, which is what i was lead to believe, but i have read there are cards that can do it, is this a directx 10 thing, or am i missing something?

question number 2.

the free version says in the read me supplied, that its patch 1.4, so does anyone know what the syntax would be for the shortcut?

this is what i've tried: "C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Far Cry\Bin32\FarCry.exe" -DEVMODE "r_hdrrendering 7"

many many thanks to anyone who can clear this up - no arguing please :)

ta

7. GuitarBizarre

GuitarBizarre <b>banned</b>

Put simply, Geforce 7 series cards or below cannot support HRD and AA at the same time as a hardware limitation. The 8800 series can, but that has nothing to do with their DirectX10 compatibility.

8. djDEATH

djDEATH Habari gani?

cool - thats what i thought, is my syntax right for the shortcut?

cheers for that btw - ty very much

9. djDEATH

djDEATH Habari gani?