1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HFM.NET - Client Monitoring Application for Folding@Home

Discussion in 'bit-tech Folding Team' started by harlam357, 17 Jan 2010.

1. Ph4ZeD

Ph4ZeD What's a Dremel?

Yes that is very irritating!

2. Tesla effect

Tesla effect AKA ZombieKiller1

There's an option that forces an auto load. If you make changes a pop up asks if you wish to save when you close the app.

3. Christopher N. Lew

Christopher N. Lew Folding in memory of my father

Take a look under Edit/Preferences/Startup tab. I think you'll find what you want there.

4. saspro

saspro IT monkey

I will have a look. But as fahmon does it automatically, you'd assume it'd be done by standard (why would I not want it to autoload my last used settings?)

5. Tesla effect

Tesla effect AKA ZombieKiller1

I found it a pain at first too. I think its more just a matter of the app letting you decide where you want to save your config & then telling it where to load it from.

6. harlam357

harlam357 What's a Dremel?

Yes... it's a matter of choice. :) And everything is there to make it behave just like FahMon in terms of loading and saving changes to your clients. Choice is good. :)

7. harlam357

New Version: 0.4.10 - Revision 156 - Beta - Download

It has been brought to my attention that Stanford has rules against accessing their cgi-bin based pages and HFM violates those rules by accessing the Project Information pages in a scripted manner. Please note, HFM only attempts to access these pages when users enable the Web Generation option on the Preferences -> Scheduled Tasks Tab. Continued use of the Web Generation feature in ANY prior version of HFM MAY result in your IP being blacklisted by Stanford. Please update to avoid any undue action against your IP and undue load on Stanford's servers. I apologize to anyone who may have been blacklisted. I have asked the Pande Group if they would remove any user's IP from the blacklist if they come forth citing this issue with HFM. I assure you my intentions are for the betterment of the FAH community and in no way was I intentionally trying to violate the rules - I was simply ignorant of them.

What upsets me the most is that I am not the victim here, but rather my users are the victim. Again, I apologize if you were effected and I hope you will continue to use and support HFM.

Check the HFM Google Code page for downloads and details on the changes.

---

Need help with HFM? Have a Feature Request? Please Join the Discussions. Post in the HFM Google Group.

http://groups.google.com/group/hfm-net

8. Norfolk'N'Good

Norfolk'N'Good Folding Chimp

So, using the msi download it installed ok with shortcut on desktop and new programme listed but after double clicking the desktop shortcut nothing happens, is there a conflict with FAHMON? and does it have to uninstalled first? and is a restart required? using win xp home 32bit.

Thanks

9. Keith_Whi

Keith_Whi What's a Dremel?

Once you have clicked the shortcut, check your sys tray and double click the icon there.

I am also running both fahmon and hfm on XP32 and W764 pc's and didn't require a restart.

HTH. :rock:

Edit: Why doesn't HFM run from the task bar in W7 like FAHMON does? Just had to double check my settings, but it doesn't. Harlem, why not?

Last edited: 19 Mar 2010
  10. Norfolk'N'Good

Thanks Keith, i just started but differance, nothing in systray but the usual stuff, weird!

11. Keith_Whi

I just did a uninstall and reinstall on one of the XP machines and it worked fine, just checking for ya.

What was your DL link you used? I have noticed the link posted is not working properly from here.

12. Norfolk'N'Good

The msi in the green featured download section.

13. Keith_Whi

I used this link just a few minutes ago.

14. Norfolk'N'Good

No luck Keith so have installed FahSpy instead, that worked a treat.

15. Taffy

Taffy Folding for Margaret 17/3/2011 RIP

16. leexgx

leexgx CPC hang out zone (i Fix pcs i do )

that bit needs fixing as it says error program is still open it should restore the program

the HFM icon under windows7 auto hides thats Win7 doing that just drag the icon out of the Show hidden Icons and drop it on the right so its no longer hidden or right click on the Show hidden icons and change it from there, Drag and drop is faster

17. SazBard

SazBard 10 PRINT "C64 FTW"

HI, thanks for this great program.

One problem that I would like to bring to your attention is that HFM doesn't save how many completed WU's I have done. I do not have HFM running constantly, in addition I sometimes shutdown my machine so therefore the program looses the count of how many completed WU's I have done. It would be good if you could fix this.

Thanks.

EDIT: Also I am trying to setup webspace generation, but HFM keeps telling my the address I have put in is wrong. I cannot find any relevant info regarding this. Thanks.

Last edited: 31 Mar 2010
  18. Taffy

I agree with sazBard re the loss of the count when you have to shut down is a problem, and another one is the slow updating, if you use the refresh button it can jump from one unit to another, the first unit having been completed, another one started and the old one still showing - not good.

19. harlam357

You can choose where to Dock HFM using the setting in the Preferences - SystemTray, TaskBar, or Both.

Can run along side FahMon if you choose to do so.

What link doesn't work properly?

As posted above... you can change the Dock location if you have the program pinned to your TaskBar in Windows 7.

I already have plans on changing this "single instance" behavior in future releases to activate the already in process instance.

You're welcome. :)

This is not a problem per say... this is by design. The Completed and Failed counts are designed to be in effect since the last client start, or current client run as I call it. I've already made some changes to allow the toggle of either the "Client Run" total, or the overall "Client Total" as reported in the FAHlog.txt file. The Failed will continue to work as is for the time being.

I'm not sure what you're saying here Taffy regarding "jump from one unit to another". The counts are explained above.

If you're talking about a new WU being identified as the previous Project (R,C,G), that should now be fixed in the latest 0.4.10 build.

20. Taffy

Hi Harlam, I have reduced this problem by setting the refresh rate to 5 min but at 15 mins the units can delay showing the change from a completed unit to the new unit. however if you close down the computer " for updates etc" then you lose the unit counts,is there some way to cache these and continue after the startup ?