1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other How I deactivate my account?

Discussion in 'General' started by Cookie Monster, 24 Mar 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Multimodder

Last edited by a moderator: 30 Jul 2018
  2. Nealieboyee

Nealieboyee Packaging Master!

But whyyyyy!??

3. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

So many have left or moved on, this forum is a shadow of its former self. Great shame.

4. Cookie Monster

What Kronos said.

I've been here 15 yr and haven't logged on more than 5 or 6 times within the last 2 or 3 yr. I guess I just got bored of people either moaning about crap or the penis waving.

Canon and goldstar0011 like this.
  5. Big Elf

Big Elf Oh no! Not another f----ing elf!

But why delete your account, just stop coming back?

6. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

TBH a couple of times in the last few months I've looked to deactivate my account. I only really come here out of habit now, on the off chance something will interest me but I usually only spend a couple of minutes here. The light of Relix is fading and the cheesecake has gone stale.

7. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

What other forums do you guys use?

8. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Av forums is quite good and to a lesser extent OCUK but their General Discussion forum is not particularly pleasant at times where rudeness seems to required. But the PC help side is excellent as is the Marketplace where bargains can he had on current tech.

Last edited: 25 Mar 2018
    Mr_Mistoffelees likes this.
  9. Cookie Monster

Yes I could do that, but I don't want to, I want to remove the account.

That happened years ago, thet's when I found I was coming here less. People got less helpful, the sales forum started becoming a place to rip people off and as you say, the place just faded.

I don't use any, and if I did I'd be closing those down too.

10. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

#deletefacebook

But in all seriousness, be sad to see you go, CM - I was here waaaaay back in the CPC forums days, including the awkward merging of the 2 forums/communities. Had a break for a solid 5-6 year before coming back under a new guise and with a new attitude to forums in general.

So see you in half a decade. :thumb:

11. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Yeah, not a fan of rudeness. o_O:)

Tat is in the eye of the beholder, personally the frequency at which donations come up still makes me happy.

Back on topic. Yeah be a shame CM but someone should tell you how to do it, it's your choice - it's seems far too complicated to delete digital traces nowadays.

@Wakka - i remember being a drama queen with 'cpc refugee' as my tag for far too long. :D

12. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

I was also one of those that got merged into bit-tech from CPC.

13. Cookie Monster

That was kind of done a long time ago, everyone I didn't associate with was unfriended, profile was emptied and people were unfollowed to clear the feed of crap. I've just done the same with Twitter and Instagram. Unfortunately I can't delete them as I need an account to use for clients social media, but they are now as empty as I can make them.

While it looks like I'm about to go into hiding or witness protection, in reality I'm just clearing my life of distractions and finding a new focus (read: midlife crisis).

14. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

I would think the simplest thing would be to change the email address associated with the Bit-Tech account and then just do not come back which is what I did with PCAdvisor when the one and only moderator or Forum Editor as he liked to be called, who believed he was right in all things no matter the evidence to contrary, finally infuriated me too much. Great pity as I met some really great people on the forums there, but unfortunately he had his sycophants which meant the the only change I could make was to leave.
    I used a temporary email address and never returned not even for a look see.

15. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

I can empathise with the desire to clear out social media noise and distraction, for sure. But deleting your account seems like a bit of a redundant step, really - you can always just stop visiting? And it's not like you can't browse these forums as a guest. I can understand the angle of removing your digital footprint, however. Of course, it's your choice and if you want to delete your account then your best bet is probably to PM a mod or forum admin. I'll be sorry to see you go in any event.

16. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Cya, Cookie. Take care, dude. :)

17. Guest-56605

Guest-56605 Guest

And you wonder why people don’t bother to reply to your numerous threads when you hold the forum members in such contempt...

Just an acute observation

Guest-16 likes this.
  18. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

I don't believe mods have the tools to "deactivate" an account per-se (I don't see anything anyway). I could ban you if that floats your boat, otherwise @MLyons might have some ideas?

I wonder how GDPR and RTBF applies to forums... only two months to go.

19. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Yeah, I was thinking this myself the other day.

20. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

You think PCAdvisor is bad? I have been a member of Trion's Rift forum, you can get a three day ban there if you so much as fart whilst you are typing.

I was surprised not to get a lifetime ban there, when I said what I thought about the direction the game was going in. they don't tolerate criticism of the developers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.