1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LOL How often do you hurt yourself?

Discussion in 'General' started by DeadP1xels, 4 Jan 2011.

1. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

*Waits for Mankz to come along with his titanium skeleton* :D

Just wondering because my friend seems to twists his ankle or trip over things on an hourly basis....

I've never broke any bones so i have idea what it feels like nor have i seriously hurt myself to need any hospital treatment

The last thing i done was walk straight into the edge of a door bridge of nose first and heard a loud "Crunch" my nose has not felt the same since :D (Im serious...) i've also had my fair share of cuts, bumps and bruises

How accident prone are you?

2. bulldogjeff

bulldogjeff The modding head is firmly back on.

If Maknz put his mind to it he could probably fill this thread on his own.

3. Prometheus

Prometheus Minimodder

I wouldn't say i'm accident prone, it's not very often I do anything serious but when I do it's usually a hospital visit. I've badly bruised bones coming off my bike, i've had minor cuts etc and I pulled my achillies tendon in the summer (that was not fun, couldn't walk for a week).

I've never broken any bones though and it's the one thing that freaks me out so I hope I never do!

4. Zinfandel

Zinfandel Modder

I go over on my ankle every now and then but other than that.. not very often. Never had a break.

Oddly enough I'm kinda sad by that... Most injuries tend to come with interesting stories, I guess I'm too boring!

5. Smilodon

Smilodon The Antagonist

I'm not very accident prone, but have had a few episodes.

The worst so far is damaging my back. That happened a few months ago and I'm still suffering from it.

When I was younger I had a few bumps and scrapes, but never broke anything. I did manage to set myself on fire once, though...

6. Modsbywoz

Modsbywoz Multimodder

I had a "gusher" about a month ago. Healed now, that was the last accident I had, probably the most I've bled in about 6 years, last I got injured was a broken finger fighting my brother.

7. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

Once in awhile i stub my toe... About it really.

8. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Need I say anything?

I seem unable to hurt myself in a minor way.

9. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

Not exactly an accident but at present my knee partially dislocates, imobilising my leg until I get someone to apply pressure to the outside of my leg snapping it into place with a rather unsettling pop and a clunk.

Happened twice over christmas, hurts like hell and leaves me feeling really queasy.

10. adam_bagpuss

adam_bagpuss Have you tried turning it off/on ?

hit my thumb with my rubber hammer when laying my floor last week.

i split it down the side, hurt like ******* sword and wouldnt stop bleeding for ages.

other than that i havent hurt my self for ages ooo

except when i was putting shopping away few months ago and the "missus" left the wall mounted cupboard door open and i put a nice corner dint in my head which bled nicely.

never broke anything though bet it hurts a ton

11. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

The only time I've had to go to the hospital was when I fell head-first from the roof of a playhouse as a kid and hit my head to the corner of a sand box. Lotsa bleed, a couple of stitches, nothing major.

After that it's just been cuts, scratches, bruises, sore ankles/wrists and cursing. Weird, really.

EDIT: Oh yes I've also tried to electrocute myself from the 230 VAC mains grid a couple of times. Hasn't killed me, so I guess I'm lucky.

EDIT2: also with hobbies being downhill/freeride biking and ice hockey-ish.. Ofcourse without any shields.

Last edited: 4 Jan 2011
  12. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

Apart from the huge numbers of walking into things due to poor peripheral/night vision and generally poor hand-eye co-ordinaion I rarely hurt myself and I seem to have an ungodly capacity for avoiding falls. I've never been in a cast or a sling and I've never had an injury lasting more than a day.

If you want to get bruises, play a sport, when I was playing football I'd regularly come home with blood flowing out of my shins and now that I do fencing I regularly get small bruises all over myself, one of the worst and strangest ones was when someone managed to get the point of their foil under my guard with the skin of my finger pinched in the little pressure switch on the end (not even sure how as the fabric in the glove can't even fit in the gap).

13. Gryphon

Gryphon What's a Dremel?

The frequency depends on how much mountain biking i'm doing :)

I haven't had anything too bad in the last few years. My last injury resulted from taking a 2 meter flight over the handlebars, bike following me (due to clip on pedals) and landing against a tree stump. Got some pretty bad bone bruising down my right thigh and in the knee. Also managed to split my eyebrow, which left a permanent gap.

Couldn't walk properly for four weeks, but ironically i could cycle quite comfortably.

14. GingerFox

GingerFox What's a Dremel?

That made me lol a little.

15. C-Sniper

C-Sniper Stop Trolling this space Ądmins!

about once a year I seem to either take a chunk out of an appendage, get a 2nd degree burn, break a bone, or any combination.

Last year I managed to lose a piece of a finger when I had a hand saw fall on it

16. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

Over the years I have had a piece glass right through my hand also a screwdriver through my hand.

A arrow from a crossbow in my chest, I fell 3 floors down a empty lift shaft and broke by back.

In a fight against a gang which my mate was stabbed to death I was hit around the neck with a crowbar which broke my neck, That took nearly a year before I had full mobility back in my neck.

And I've burnt myself from welding more time's than I can remember, And thats not counting the time's I've had to go to the hospital to have bits of metal taken out of my eye from using a angle grinder.

It seems they just cant kill me LOL.

Last edited: 4 Jan 2011
  17. Picarro

Picarro What's a Dremel?

Broken my shoulderblade, broken my right arm, had complete bloodpoisening once, wasn't very funny - required a week in hospital and enough antibiotics to kill a normal person.

18. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

*Funny story level Drop*

That is pretty **** mate sorry to hear that i hope you showed the ***** by using your head like a flail

19. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil What's a Dremel?

I havent had any major incidents for a long time, but when I was younger:-

cracked skull ( forehead ) leaving me with only a nice little scar
    Broken middle finger on left hand playing basket ball, leaving me with a crooked tip
    Had a machete in my neck, leaving me with a ~3" scar ( my brother was in a tree and dropped it 'accidently' )
    Had a sharp pencil embedded in a finger tip, leaving me with a nice blueish stain under the skin.
    I was stabbed by my little sister which resulted in half inch flap of skin hanging off the inside edge of my right index finger- nice inverted U shaped scar.
    3/4 scar in my right palm- unknown origin.
    Burnt the outside of my left forearm on a rotisserie oven at my first job, leaving a 4" long narrow scar- kinda faint thankfully unlike all the others which as thick white scars.

Numerous stubbed toes and grazed knees & hands like most kids get from falling over or coming off their bikes ( got concussion once when I fell off at the bottom of a steep hill, that was fun ), but like I say, nothing much for a long time besides daily paper & cardboard cuts at work from tearing up boxes. :D

20. Twellmann

Twellmann Carnivorous Homunculus

I eat Vindaloo once in a while :D