1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Intel cuts desktop processor prices

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 22 Jul 2008.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

jezmck: they should do over the next few days... Intel's prices are all in dollars though, so it makes it hard to guestimate what they'll cost in GBP, especially when they're wholesale prices.

I'm hearing that the Q6600 has dropped to $199 on Newegg though, so I'd expect to see them drop below £110 inc VAT here.

2. GavX

GavX What's a Dremel?

glad to see the Q9450 hasn't dropped, I dont want to feel like I wasted so much money just yet... :D Odd they didn't reduce the E8200, or has that been discontinued already?
    Regarding peeing on the tracks: we do that in this country? Didn't know that, though they were petrol/deisol/kerosine here, but yes electricity is a bit nippy and I can imagine that so much current passing through ones giblets is not going to end well, poor sod

3. salesman

salesman Minimodder

Sweatshops, classic.

And the peeing just goes to show you that weird things occur and if it weren't for the tech websites i read i would never know about it.

4. p3ri0d

p3ri0d What's a Dremel?

Well, the e8400 dropped from 190$ to 180$ on newegg, should go down more but it's a start :)

5. knuck

knuck Hate your face

Believe it or not, I heard another salesman say that to a client... That's why I hated this job, it was all about who could spit the biggest BS to the nubest clients

6. Amon

Amon inch-perfect

Someone needs to do something about how unfair this is to AMD. 5-10% would be sensible. But this is far too steep and, quite frankly, possibly anticompetitive. I really wouldn't like to shop such an Intel-saturated industry in the future, with only IBM's PowerPC chips being the last stand.

7. Goty

Goty Minimodder

It's only anti-competitive if Intel is selling chips at a loss solely to try and drive AMD out of the market.

8. Xir

Xir Modder

Tags: Add Tags