1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this just me or is this a really bad thing for my boss to do?

Discussion in 'Serious' started by Zero_UK, 17 Sep 2009.

1. Zero_UK

Zero_UK What's a Dremel?

I work as part time at mcdonalds basically.. dislike the job to say the least..

Anyways, at about 7pm tonight I got a phone call it went somewhat like this:

"Hello can I speak to thomas please."

"This is him"

"Hiya thomas, just seeing if I can have a word with you. The West Yorkshire police department are here now and they want to have a word with you, they have CCTV footage of you raping a girl in the park last night."

"What? I wasn't even in the park last night?!"

"Well they have cctv footage of you and your in a hoodie, they want to have a word with you. They have you on tape thomas... I mean wheres your sense of manhood."

"What? I wasn't even near that area last night."

*minute or so of that goes on*

"Just kidding with you, can you work early tomorrow morning for us?".

_______

I mean wtf, is that just me or is that really bad? I shat myself to say the least.. even if is a joke, where not close mates or anything of the sort.. can I see something like that as a joke? I dont know, I'm already pretty annoyed with ebuyer at the moment, maybe it's killed my sense of humor for tonight?

Oh and before you ask I said no.

2. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

Thats not even remotely funny.

If he said you mooned someone or something less serious then I could possibly see the funny side of it but thats just totally over the top.

Its also how rumours get started and when thrown, that sort of **** sticks, you ought to have a word with him and say its just not on.

3. Rkiver

Rkiver Cybernetic Spine

No it's not remotely funny, and I'd report him up the line to whomever his boss is regarding that sort of behaviour.

Oh and perhaps mention it to the local police that someone is finding it amusing accusing other people of rape "for a joke". I'm sure they'd have some nice choice words to have with him.

4. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

It was unprofessional, and it was harrassment. It is a disciplinary offense. Talk to his line manager. If you get no joy talk to the appropriate Union representative.

Or, if you're that way inclined, don't do or say anything, wait until he's lulled into a sense of complacency and play a real epically humiliating practical joke on him. Be prepared to get fired though, so make it A really good one that is worth the sacrifice.

5. Zero_UK

Zero_UK What's a Dremel?

Yeah, mates and my gf have had the same reaction...

I cant really risk losing my job over something like this though..

6. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

that manager needs a kick up the arse, badly. You really don't wind people up in that manner - it's completely tasteless, causes extremely high levels of stress and is utterly unprofessional. Have his bollocks on a plate!

You won't risk your job over this, frankly. And if you do, you can file for unlawful dismissal, and win, easily.

Last edited: 17 Sep 2009
  7. Rum&Coke

Rum&Coke What's a Dremel?

so? Where is your sense of manhood?

8. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

9. mvagusta

mvagusta Did a skid that went for two weeks.

So you're going to report this aren't you Zero_UK?

If any of your mates have also copped the same treatment, you should all report him. I don't know alot about maccas but i think they take harrasment like this pretty seriously.

I bet this is some ~20 year old assistant manager that is on a power trip trying to feed his ego by pushing around all the kids at work? If at least a few people report him with incidents such as this, he could be sacked or just one more incident away from it, striping him of his lame manhood :hehe:

Let us know how you go.

10. freedom810

freedom810 Minimodder

Reporting him isnt going to help whilst your working there and I imagine its already pretty bad. I'd just ignore the guy, then again, I did laugh a little...unproffessional and uncalled for though.

11. mvagusta

This isn't a small business where it can be difficult to solve a problem like this. Macdonalds is a worldwide francise, and i think they are fairly strict with enforcing the standards which all stores must abide to, from the appearance & cleanliness of the stores, the fitouts, ohs, etc..

12. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

Wow that's f*cked up. I'd have hung up on him right there and then, and then called corporate and filed a case.

13. Zero_UK

Zero_UK What's a Dremel?

Its amazing how well you fit his picture :pprobably like 25 or something.. but nah he's the boss of the place..

Not quite sure what to do about it right now, I'm next there on sunday so got two days to think about it lol.

14. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

I'd hazard a guess that McDonalds as a company would not take this lightly. Write a letter to the head office explaining the incident.

15. whisperwolf

whisperwolf What's a Dremel?

From their website:-

McDonald's Employees contact us on:
    HR info & Advice line
    For enquiries from current McDonald's employees:
    Tel: 0844 736 3610
    Email: HRIA@uk.mcd.com.
    Opening hours are Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm except Bank Holidays

Honestly if he's 25 I'll guess he's a manager but not a franchise holder, and the franchise holder would be even less amused than we appear to be.

16. [PUNK] crompers

[PUNK] crompers Dremedial

yep there is having a laugh (which im all for) and then there is overstepping the mark, to me this is the epitome of overstepping the mark.

you reckon he'd get away with it if he'd said something similar to a female member of staff? not a chance. its harrassment and as an employee you deserve to be treated better.

EDIT: sorry just noticed this

how is this in any way connected with his sense of manhood? so a "real man" should be prepared to accept derrogatory remarks as long as they are accusations of rape? what a ridiculous comment

Last edited: 18 Sep 2009
  17. Picarro

Picarro What's a Dremel?

Where exactly do you work? There's clearly a McD out there that needs to be egg'd :D

18. mvagusta

Nah, i'd keep this a little confidential Zero_UK! The last thing you want is other kids starting trouble at this or any macca's to defend your rights, and then this lame manager filing a harrasment case against you!

I'd file the report asap, encourage any other harrased employee's to do the same asap, and this guy will either be history or on his last warning!

Lets just say this manager or even the francise owner decides to not follow the set recipes for the burgers, and to find alternate cheaper sources for the fries and soft drink... as soon as someone either reports this to one of the offices of the macdonalds corporation or it is found during a routine inspection, the store owner would be in some very serious legal trouble.

The same goes for any of the company regulations that all stores must follow, including employees being harrased, be it verbal, sexual, physical. These are basically the general guidlines for how all francises work, and macdonalds is not a small time/half done/dodgy operation!

Now, you may not have hard evidence, just your word against, his, but if you can get a few or more other employees to also report harrassment incidents, then you've got him by the balls.

19. woof82

woof82 What's a Dremel?

If you're really bothered by it, talk to the police, at the very least they'll take a report so that if anything happens in the future you have an account of previous happenings.

It may seem a bit rash. But my housemate spoke to the police yesterday after she was harassed by the neighbours. I thought it was unnecessary but the police have been really nice to us and the neighbours have been less than welcoming, racism was the key issue.

I believe if they cause emotional distress then you have a case against them. I'm no lawyer, but that does stipulate that the emotional stress needs to be severe. I'm also not a bitch, but if you want to get back at this guy or you don't want to take **** from him, there's plenty you can do about it.

20. M7ck

M7ck Ⓜod Ⓜaster

Your boss is a c***. Report him immediately.
    Hope you get a resolution to this soon, I dont want to start boycotting McDonalds as well :D