1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this just me or is this a really bad thing for my boss to do?

Discussion in 'Serious' started by Zero_UK, 17 Sep 2009.

1. Mr Flibbles

Mr Flibbles I'm not part of the solution....

That manager is a right *****, well that doesn't cover it. I would serioulsy think about writing a complaint to the head office, or the franchise manager. Behaviour like that from a manager is totally unacceptable and should be reported immediately imo.

If you're worried about losing your job, don't you could take them to a employment tribunal which from the sounds of what your saying you would have a good case. Plus you can always report/leak the story to the press......

mvagusta likes this.
  2. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

I would let this go for now, but if it was repeated in the future i would report him.

3. Stuey

Stuey You will be defenestrated!

If you don't want to report him, what you can do is make him believe that you reported him. That should get his panties in a twist for a bit.

4. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

Well, it's tantamount to slander.

Sue the *****. After you've reported him and he's lost his job. I wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire, tbh.

5. Fisher.

Fisher. partially impartial

@crompers:

This is what he was referring to.

6. cjmUK

cjmUK Old git.

I'd speak to your colleagues and find out if this was a one-off, ill-judged mistake or whether this guy was in the habit of doing stupid things or was doing it out of malice.

If it's a habit then escalate a complaint. If not, I'd let it drop; I'd speak to the guy and tell him that you've spoken to your Union and have a complaint on hold if anything like this happens again. If you genuinely are a member of a Union, I would speak to them - lodge a statement or two, should you need them in future.

If it's a one-off, the guy needs a shot across the bows... Think of the karma implications - how would you hope to be treated if you made a similar mistake?

But if you do go lightly on him, let him know that it's an issue you are prepared to bring up any time in the future should it be appropriate.

7. spt

spt What's a Dremel?

couple of things

is it a franchise or co-orporate owned?

is he having a laugh about this at work at your expense, you need to him to admit doing this to you infront of other people as I assume you have no evidence that that is what he said to you over the phone.

you are quite right to be worried that this sort of thing could effect your job, however a good lawyer would tell you losing your job because of this is the best thing that could happen as they could then sue them for a good sized payout.

Am I right to assume this is a job you have part time while you are in education? if so you are not looking for a reference from them are you, just beer money.

mvagusta likes this.
  8. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

+1

9. mvagusta

mvagusta Did a skid that went for two weeks.

@ Zero_UK, UPDATE NEEDED!!!

10. mclintox

mclintox Eat cheese!

I'm surprised you didnt get it when he was asking you to go in so they could "have a word".They would have been at your door,not asking your boss to get you to go in.His choice of practical joke is the pits though,what a tool,a spot of sublte revenge may be in order if you leave.Before i left my last job to go it alone,i soaked the service manager where i worked and other various petty things that involved super glue,a kipper,some cheddar cheese and a baking spud!

11. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

put a hoody on, and go rape him! bet he wont be laughing!

mvagusta likes this.
  12. mvagusta

mvagusta Did a skid that went for two weeks.

LMAO :hehe: That is so obviously the correct thing to do here :hehe:
    Using something like a broom handle or a baseball bat of course :worried:

13. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

What run up and force him over a counter and press a broom stick against his arse cheak, and wisper 'your gonna enjoy this you dirty little hoe' into his ear.

Then sue him for sexual harasment

ROFL!

mvagusta likes this.
  14. Ficky Pucker

Ficky Pucker I

sue mcdonalds for every penny they got !

15. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

And that's just a stupid remark. It was not the company, it was a manager.

Okay, I work for them as well, I feel your pain on that part! I'm guessing he's a 1st Assistant manager, and not the franchisee. Or is your store company owned? If it's the former, talk to your franchisee, none of the other managers, just him. If it's company, talk to your area manager, you should be able to get an contact number from any of the manager, or you may be able to try the 'Our Lounge' and find it on there.

The other option could be to confront him directly. Ask for a written apology, ask for a pay rise, ask for what ever. He just needs to know that he can't do that to people.

Good luck McHomie :thumb:

16. Jumeira_Johnny

Jumeira_Johnny 16032 - High plains drifter

I was going to stay out of this. But having been a chef for long time, I can say he was out of line, it was disrespectful, and you deserve an apology.

I can also say, that if this bothered you, you have no future in the culinary world. It's not a nice business, and you need to be tough enough to put up with this crap to succeed. You also need to be ornery enough to get back at him with out getting the advice of the tubes. This is McDonalds, the pre-school of the restaurant world. It only gets harder form here on out.

I would quit and get an office job.

17. yakyb

yakyb i hate the person above me

rape is not funny in any context.

write a letter to the address provided above if you want

if not man up and have a word with him yourself see how he reacts

18. Oclocker

Oclocker What's a Dremel?

WTF! So has being capable of opening a tin of beans (ie all a chef is after all) got to do with this scenario. This is out of order whatever the op's job is, unbelievably stupid response makes me wonder if all chefs are thisself obsessed?

19. cjmUK

cjmUK Old git.

You'll find there a lot of men in catering will big it up about how hard and edgy it is... it's to compensate for the fact that, in essence, they are doing a woman's job.

[It's a joke, people!]

More realistically, you'll find that at the less glamorous end of the scale that junior kitchen staff have no qualifications of note and have little other option than to take sh*t from someone who was in the same boat 10 years previously.

The idea that the kitchen is always a pressure-cooker [pun intended] environment where only the strong survive is complete nonsense. Plenty of kitchens are busy, but if they are that hostile it's purely because they are badly managed.

gnutonian likes this.
  20. ChromeX

ChromeX Minimodder

I'd probably have a word with him, saying how its not funny, its serious etc and ultimately let it slide. If he then went and did it again, i'd report him to HR.