1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disaster ITS not realy a mod to a computer

Discussion in 'Modding' started by [->>Curly<<-], 29 Jun 2004.

1. [->>Curly<<-]

[->>Curly<<-] What's a Dremel?

rofl not lathed so hard in ages.

also im good at maths

not meaning any offence curly! :thumb:

2. adamjones01101

adamjones01101 Minimodder

Greetings fellow...umm...flamers? No, that's not the word I should use. How about critics? That's better. Anyway, I just thought that many of you need a small (possibly a larger) wake-up call. I'll address each issue one by one:

Alcohol - Just like so many people have said before, there is a reason that our drinking age in the States is 21 (and they're thinking of raising it, by the way), and obviously many other countries have not quite got the idea yet of just why that is. Our reason, here, is that people under 21 years of age are not physically and mentally mature enough to handle it. Obviously, this could be argued...What about a 6'6" football player who weighs 275 lbs? Surely he should be able to down an entire keg, and live to tell the tale. Sure! But is he not piss-drunk afterward? You're damn right he is! What does this tell us? This tells us that obviously, that football player was not smart enough to drink in moderation, thus negating the fact that he could PHYSICALLY pull it off. Several of my own friends, on their school trips to France, Spain, Germany, and Puerto Rico, have proven themselves that they cannot handle the responsibility of drinking underage (by our standards). In fact, it is a known fact at my school, that one of the main reasons people go on these foreign language trips is so that they can "get blasted". I find it hard to believe that this mentality is only caused by the fact that alcohol is more difficult to acquire here. I believe this is just caused by the immaturity of thinking among my peers. I also find it hard to believe that this mentality doesn't exist among all teens from all over the world. Alcohol messes you up, whether you're old or young. It can cause damage to your pancreas, liver, weight gain, middle-age acne, and sexual problems (god forbid that happens). --Ok...enough of the alcohol rant.

Marijuana - Okay...to begin with, I think you should know one major statistic. The THC content of marijuana averaged at 1% in 1974, 4% in 1994, and is steadily on the rise. Now, many of you may be wondering, "What the hell is THC?" THC is the chemical that makes you're brain think you're having a good time. For all of you who say, "I'm not addicted," you are. THC is also the chemical in marijuana, just as is nicotene in cigarettes, that causes the addiction. In fact, it's been found that THC can cause a degree of addiction after the first use, just like cocaine. If not the first, addiction comes soon after. "Ok, so other than addiction, why is pot bad?" Someone who smokes five joints per week may be taking in as many cancer-causing chemicals as someone who smokes a pack of cigarettes a day. The daily use of 1 to 3 marijuana joints can produce the same lung damage and potential cancer risk as smoking five times as many cigarettes. Lastly, there are approximately 50% more carcinogens such as benzopyrene in marijuana than are in cigarettes. Anyone who says, "but pot's healthier," is lying to themselves and to anyone they say this to. Also, it was reported that people who are pulled over for smoking pot and driving show the same lack of coordination that people who are driving drunk do. --Marijuana rant over.

"Beauty-School Dropout" - Hmm...how to address this topic. Well, not to pick on Curly, but he is probably one of the best examples of this that I can picture. Not that I need to bring this back up again, but do all of you notice how many words were spelled wrong throughout his posts? Ok, well, maybe he has a learning disability, which is entirely understandable. However, I'm sure that they have classes in his school that provide services to people just like him, people who can't spell, people with dyslexia, people who have trouble doing math. This is a huge reason NOT to drop out of school just because of difficulty. I guess I'm preaching that old "stay in school" message again, but it is an awesome guiding message. Before I moved to the community I live in now, I lived in an area that seemed to have a lot of drugs, drinking, and violence. One of my friends, my best friend in fact, dropped out of school after 9th grade. He dropped out because his grades were failing, his home life was a mess, and he was involved in a slough of other harmful things, such as smoking and drinking heavily. But I was the only one who really knew him. I was the only one who really understood him. He was a smart kid...might not have had too much common sense, but he was intelligent. He also had a learning disability for reading. I talk to some of my old friends there, and from what I hear, he's living with his mom again (the woman he hated until he moved in with his dad, who actually disciplined him), is an alcoholic, and doesn't have a job. But I know that had he pulled himself together, and put his mind to his schoolwork, that he could have done great things. But I guess what I'm saying simply is, just stay in school. Dropping out is not a smart or healthy solution.

So just take into mind what I've said, and possibly you'll think twice before touching that bottle to your lips, or taking the joint your best friend is passing you. I've tried my best, but sometimes, I would just like to believe that George Carlin statement about removing the warning labels from things. Oh...by the way, I'm not glorifying myself in any way. I'm almost 18, and though I have never had anything alcoholic to drink, I did smoke cigarettes for a year, which turned out to be one of the dumbest things I've ever done. Thanks to anyone who had the patience to sit and read this post all the way through. Just be smart, everyone.

P.S. - If you doubt my statistics, check out In The Know Zone.

Last edited: 6 Aug 2004
  3. warrmr

warrmr What's a Dremel?

adam i dont doubt you thng about pot/weed what ever you call it. but THC (delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol) is not addictive in the physical sence like nicotine is. but can become mentaly adictive. asin you body depends on the high to get you through the day. one of my friends needs a spliff before bed to goto sleep. that started as a habbit of last spliff of the day. and one day he missed it and found he had insomnia so he now religuisly smokes one before bed.

he can actually go day to day wihout smoking it but he must have his bedtime one before he can have a good nights sleep. there was a week when he couldent get hold of any. so instead of doing what he usally did he went out on his bike and trashed a few fields and got his high from pure adrenalin.

now theres me. i messed up my GCSES cos of weed i smoked it everyday while i was doing my exams i found it destressed me. i ended up with ABBCCCDEEE instead of my predicted AAACCCCCCD. now i can give or take weed as and when i like i hadnt had it for about 3 months will i met up with my cousin and she had soem so i went for it. and 3 tokes gave me the high i had when i was in schoole smoking it every day, it used to take me 2 joints to get that high.

i honestly belive that its the nicotine in the tobacco they roll the joints with that makes you addicted..

4. Nath

Nath Your appeal has already been filed.

of course it's the nicotine, from adam's post I didn't see anything to contradict that fact.

5. khendar

khendar What's a Dremel?

Anyone seen the Insider ? Its based on a true story of a tobacco company chemist who blew the whistle on what cigarette companies were doing. In the movie they talk about the additives that they put in the tobacco to enhance the addiction. Additives like Ammonia, which causes the nicotene to be more rapidly absorbed by the lung and speed its transferal to the brain and central nervous system.

Scary ****. Glad I quit smoking. Screw that.

6. LiquidGUI

LiquidGUI What's a Dremel?

May I put in the whole quote from Red vs. Blue - PSA 3 - Point Counterpint: Should you get a Tattoo? (http://www.redvsblue.com): "
    1. Tattos are permanent
    2. You are G**da*n idiot.
    I would like to prove this mathematicly if I may
    Take your current age now subtract ten years from it were you smart back then? Of course you wern't you were a G**da*n idiot. The fact of the matter is that you are just as big of a idiot today its just going to take you ten more years to realise it.
    Now think you had drawn a picture on your body ten years ago. Would you be happy with it today? Chances are you would'nt be."

7. [->>Curly<<-]

well adam if u think that know one is mature enuth to dring below the age of 21 then u aint to smart cause every1 is difrent

now im going to say this 1 more time for u americans like admam cause u cant get it (if u r a american and u did get it sorry :') in scotland there is no fu*king thing as a high scholl drop out at the age of 16 u can leve scholl and not be frowned apon cause u leve with standerd grades for scotland and gcses or whateverthey r caleed in england.

that means u cant say im stupid cause i got proof im not

as for hash who said i take that :eyebrow: i know i dient i would not go near the stuff

and next time u start to flam some 1 they to get stuff that cant be proven wrong and make it as short as posible cause i sure as hell did not read all ytour post !!!!!!!!!!!

8. warrmr

warrmr What's a Dremel?

some one compaerd weed to alcohol we wasnt sugesting you took it. read the thread as i cba to trawl through 4 pages of posts to find the refrence im talkn bout

9. Tomm

Tomm I also ride trials :¬)

Adam, stop trying to be someone's dad.

Just because I can go out and drink (I'm in the UK, and I'm 19) doesn't mean I drink a "Keg" of beer. I enjoy a few drinks every now and again, a lot less than a lot of adults. So in that respect I consider myself mature enough to be allowed alcohol. In fact I don't know anyone my age who drinks irresponsibly. I do think that the laws in the US do fuel the problem a bit - people my age are naturally inquisitive and are going to want to try alcohol - We don't have to go abroad and go all out on getting drunk.

And your thing about how only a 275lb football player could handle a drink is far-fetched to say the least. Utter bollocks would be another way of putting it.

And just to chip in something about the Marijuana debate - Do you know the difference between a carcinogen and a cancer-causing chemical? No, nor do I.

10. Nath

A lot of that post was seriously harsh, the people here are having a debate, not a flame-war so play nice! :thumb:

11. [->>Curly<<-]

:duh: :duh: :duh: :duh: :duh: :duh: :duh: :duh: :duh: :duh: :duh: :duh:

the post about me making a mistake

i did a diy tatto and got drunk

i learned a lesson

and i got a real tattoo

so no more flaming me or i just get angry and u will make me do somthing stupid :eyebrow:

12. [->>Curly<<-]

no more calling me stupid

my results r

Computing Studies Int 1 A
    Mathematics int 1 A
    Craft & Design Standurd Grade 3
    English Standurd Grade 3
    Physical Education Standurd Grade 3
    Physics Standurd Grade 3
    Modern Studies Standurd Grade 5

13. Stickeh

Stickeh Help me , Help you.

No comment.

14. Nath

Well done curly!

I'm not really familiar with the scottish exams grading system but you seem pleased so you must've got some good results! :thumb: :rock:

15. jezmck

jezmck Minimodder

:lol: LOL :lol:

16. dead_man

dead_man Confucious say: WTF???

out of curiosity what were u tryin 2 spell?

17. sk8phreak88

sk8phreak88 Minimodder

Man, I thought I was stupid when I let a girlfriend use indian ink on me. You pass me though so now I don't feel as dumb.

18. Godboy_g

Godboy_g What's a Dremel?

[​IMG]

LOL!!

It appears that the artist that did his "Real Tattoo" is just as proficient at spelling as Curly is... Or should I say "Cwrly" :thumb:

19. Nath

it's a wiggly "u"...

20. Tomm

Tomm I also ride trials :¬)

Yeah, sorry. He did annoy me though, in an over-concerned sensationalising (and just plain wrong in places) kinda of way, in the same way that Michael Moore really gets on my tits. I won't do it again :eyebrow: